Letter + Heart / Heart + Letter

Lil Red

This thread was split from Coffin Talk

Letter + Heart is a love letter of course, but what about Heart + Letter? Is there any difference. I mean I know there is, but I'm still trying to figure that out.

Flaxen

Letter + Heart is a love letter of course, but what about Heart + Letter? Is there any difference. I mean I know there is, but I'm still trying to figure that out.

A letter from the heart so any heart-felt written communication/documentation perhaps?

Lil Red

A letter from the heart so any heart-felt written communication/documentation perhaps?

For some reason you made me think that it could be a confession from the heart. Also, this deals with more in the feelings. You are definitely on to something with this combination.

SunChariot

This thread was split from Coffin Talk

Maybe Heart and Letter could mean an emotional letter (or message). It seems to me that a love letter would also be Heart and Letter, if things follow in the same order they came up in.

But then what would Letter and Heart be? I guess a message from the heart. Or about the heart if you were waiting to hear back from a cardiologist...(?)

Babs

SunChariot

For some reason you made me think that it could be a confession from the heart. Also, this deals with more in the feelings. You are definitely on to something with this combination.

Confession from the heart makes a lot of sense to me for Letter and Heart.

Babs

Lil Red

Oh, now I remembered. The two combinations (letter + heart and heart + letter) can be interchangeable.
I mean when you write a love letter (letter + heart) are you not writing down how you feel and it is a confession from the heart (heart + letter). So, it would make sense in making for it to be interchangeable. That is my opinion, but I am not sure if others would agree.

Seaqueen

love letter

...Letter + Heart is a love letter of course, but what about Heart + Letter? Is there any difference. I mean I know there is, but I'm still trying to figure that out.

Great question.
Letter+Heart. Usually the card preceding the Heart will bring forward that meaning in relation to love or the emotional department.
Under that premise love letter or letter filled with tenderness and loving words makes a lot of sense.
Heart+Letter. Heart preceding the Letter card - heart describes the nature/content of the letter. Again, loving words or letter about love fits nicely.

This doesn't happen that often with combinations where there is little change when cards are in reverse order. The cards before and after these duos would definitely provide more details.

;)

SixDegrees

I believe that one of andybc's meanings for the Letter-as-adjective is "frivolous." If I remember correctly, it comes from the notion of the Letter as an invitation, conjuring images of parties and fun times (and not serious intentions).

In that case, and if you follow the reading style where the second card modifies the first, Letter + Heart could be very different from Heart + Letter. The first pair might be read as communication that is heartfelt, while the second might be emotional experiences that shouldn't be taken too seriously. Hmmm...

Seaqueen

There are so many ways to read the Lenormand cards. Each cartomancer has a different technique. I think it is important to stay consistent in one's style of reading these cards.

Reading duo's without other cards is limiting. As an exercise in interpreting two cards it is good exercise in combinations. More cards are needed. Who is sending the love letter or the heartfelt correspondences. And so on.

:)

andybc

Letter - Heart can mean superficial feelings and just a message or communication that is warm, nice but not necessarily passionate. The Letter can indicate superficial things, frivilous play-love.

Heart - Letter is more likely to be messages from the heart. Someone is talking about what they feel completely.