My Crystal Ball

GotH

Hey....

How would you guys feel about having a "BALL GAME?" We pick a special night (or anytime during a scheduled day) to see what images we come up with, then the next day we can throw them all "on the table" to see if we come up with any matches, stories or special messages? :)

This could be a fun practice and anyone with a ball can play.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this kind of thing. Could be interesting to say the least.

g

Mycroft

Yeah I'll play - however, I will be mounting my crystal on top of a Bechstein Concert Grand and wearing extremely tight leather trousers, so I can sing,

"Don't stop me now
I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDMjgckNlz0

PrincessPaulina

The Ball Game is a great idea, GoddessoftheHunter!

SunChariot:
I understand what you mean about "seeing" as a 3-point System (eyes, heart, 3rd Eye). This is a great point you have made, and something my crystal ball had been teaching me to do -- especially since it sometimes looks like an Eyeball, which is a great physical reminder about the different ways of "seeing"!

A few nights ago, inspired by your discussions of scrying in bed/lying down, I put "Bethany" on my night table to practice before going to sleep (it is interesting to note that, while I often sleep with crystals at my bedside, I'd NEVER tried it with the Crystal Ball before -- my experiences with Crystal Ball scrying had always been more "formal", at a table with a spreadcloth, etc.)

Anyway, here's my experience:
Since I've noticed that I more readily see images after asking a question, I asked "what color is my Aura?"
I turned the ball around for a while, until a small, pink-colored patch in the occlusions jumped out at me. It began to morph into light Violet, then Grey.
Then the patch turned into a Warrior with a spear, dressed in historic fashion (such as a Roman or Celt).
I couldn't make it out exactly, because he quickly changed into a Cross, which then morphed into a bird (Raven?) that took off flying into the sky.

My thoughts on this:
At 1st I was puzzled about the color progression, since I'm used to considering the Chakras as influencing the aura -- would pink correspond as a lighter shade of Red (Base Chakra), or as the 2nd color for the Heart Chakra (besides Green)?
Either way, going from Pink to Violet would skip a few colors in between (not a direct progression, though I always assumed that going from one Chakra to the one directly above it was the way to ascension/Enlightenment).
About 5 years ago I had an Auric Photo taken, at a very stressful time in my life --- at the time it was Fire Engine Red, with some Orange splotches.
The Pink I saw was much softer, and it is interesting to note that I've mellowed out and relaxed considerably over the past few years, several close people have noticed this.
Eventually, after thinking it over, I realized an obvious aspect of the whole Chakra/color set-up: the Chakras are always pictured in a LINE formation, while in the world of Art & Design color is presented on a wheel (the Color Wheel).
Considered from the Color Wheel perspective, Violet/Purple are directly adjacent to Red/Pink -- so my assumption that one must 1st "go through" all the other colors, to get from the Red to Violet Chakras, was physically incorrect!
It is, in fact, possible to go from Red straight to Violet!
This was a huge breakthrough in my way of seeing the interrelationships of Chakras!

Grey: to me this is the ultimate color of wisdom, grace and sophistication! One of my favorites! And I also associate it with the Hermit, and Gandolf the Grey (from Lord of the Rings)
I like the fact that the Chakra color progression I saw went from Pink to Lavender to Grey, specifically -- not necessarily the traditional White, but Grey as another neutral color, with many "shades" :)

Re. the Images (Warrior/Cross/Bird):
I've had a Past-Life Regression, and other indicators (Tarot spreads, my Natal Chart) that in one of my past lives I was a warrior, most likely Celtic. I've considered for a long time the probability of past lives, and have taken the position (for myself) that regardless of their actual existence, the notion of any past life indicates -- at the very least -- a strong mental/psychological connection to that Archetype (in my case "Warrior").
For whatever reason I do often see myself as a fighter type; my friends call me "Type A", I can be direct & blunt, the typical Aries, Grand-Trine in Fire, etc.

The Cross: burdens to bear, both for mistakes made in this life, and possibly others.

Bird: It took off, rose, from the Cross into the sky.
I'm learning to accept my mistakes and burdens as a path to raising my spirit, regeneration, rising from the ashes -- all those Death/Scorpio qualities.
At 1st I wondered why the bird was black and not white, but Crows are actually a Totem of mine, and they are symbolically birds of war.

The Dream: after Skrying, I kept "Bethany" on my bedside table, with another large Smoky Quartz point.
I'd slept like a baby with just Bethany on my bedside, with no skrying or other crystals, the night before.
But on this night, after a very symbolic skrying session, and just having "introduced" 2 large crystals (one a Sphere, the other a Point -- wink! Wink! ;) ) I had extremely active and euphoric dreams!
I couldn't remember them all, but they were permeated by a melody, a song from my birthday party at Karaoke earlier this year -- which was one of the happiest nights in recent memory, with all my friends and loved ones in attendance!
That joyous feeling went through all my dreams, all night long it seemed, along with the song!
I had one vivid dream about "seeing" -- in the 3rd Eye & Heart "knowing " ways that have been discussed here.
In the dream, I am asking a friend about another friend's kitchen renovation. The person I am asking has been to the renovated kitchen, while I have not, but I can clearly see it in my mind's eye, and can recall things about the kitchen that my friend has seen, including the Pink color scheme and plush pink carpet (pink again; kitchen as the traditional woman's domain, connection to "mothering" and where I was when I got this Crystal Ball I am working with).

Thanks to GoddessoftheHunter & SunChariot for inspiring me to play more with my crystal ball, and to share my experience :)

stonesatiety

SunChariot and G: When I lie down and relax, I often drop directly into sleep! If something pertinent comes up along the way, I'll notice and awake, asking about it before continuing into sleep. A few days ago I settled down into the between area holding Ssen and saw a dragon with a crystal sphere pressed against each end. "For moving dragons," I felt. I awoke, laughed, shook my head and drifted off to sleep. Never know when I might need to move a dragon! Fyi.

G: Great idea! Sure, we'll play. Which to me is always exciting!

Mycroft: And I thought his high voice and incredible range were natural. Now I know. Thanks! Do you plan to set a recording device near while you scrye?

Princess P: Thanks for sharing! That's a beautiful experience, as usual it seems, with our crystal balls. I can deal with that kind of routine. One thing I ran across in my explorations was how the chakras are a construct rather than an immutable structure. At first I didn't feel them in the widely accepted way, although it's a wonderful experience to do so, and makes one's experiences immediately familiar with most folks aware of this "funny stuff." This in support of your revelation of a linear progression: necessary or not?

In light of this possibility, years ago I pondered Gandalf the Grey's metamorphosis into Gandalf the White. Gandalf could have chosen to move back and forth between Grey and White as a camouflage. Camouflage in this case not for secrecy, but to respect the ignorance of others, our free will whether to even notice the greater love within. Faced with Gandalf the White, doubt would be blasted away! In everyday life, we could, for example, pull our aura close to blend in with everyone. We can create a lot of gentle disruption otherwise! Nobody is harmed, but it's like people go into a waking sleep-type zombie mode!

Neat with your past life! I've remembered a few too. As a warrior in this life and many others, I salute you and your brave decision to leave your spear in this life. So the plot thickens...

GotH

@Mycroft - You continue to crack me up! :laugh:

@Princess - Wow, just wow on the past lives. :eek: I so want to get regressed someday! I'd be curious to know who I was.

@stone - Well here we go with 4 players for sure! I hope others will join in too. I think this will be a lot of fun sharing. :)

We just have to pick a day to scry and pick a day post. :)

celticnoodle

PrincessPaulina: what a great experience! btw, the pink aura means that you have a very loving nature about you. It shows you as having a perfect balance with spiritual awareness and living in a materialistic way. It would show that your nature is to give freely and keep close friends and family about you as much as possible. You probably also tend to give too much to others, as being very generous is also seen with people having a pink aura. You have a good healthy routine--eating nutritiously and exercising regularly. Pink Aura people generally are lucky to find their soulmates and have a very healthy and long lasting relationship. They are also natural healers, creative and artistic in nature. Possibly someone who likes to write or create in some way. You are also one who will treat everyone equally and strongly dislike the injustice done to others in the world.

Violet: a very spiritual color. I bet you have a lot of psychic abilities. You are probably empathic by nature as well. The violet aura shows up in people who have interests in many things and this tends to make them interesting people to be around. You will connect easily with other people and with animals and enjoy nature too--but you are also probably one who is picky with the friends they keep. While you are a wonderful person to everyone--you only allow a few chosen people to be especially close to you.

I love your interpretation of the color gray here and identifying it with the hermit card and Gandolf the Grey! I've got to remember that one. :)

I don't recall ever reading the crow as a symbol of war--but instead as a carrier of messages from this world to the spirit world. It is also a totem of mine--and as a psychic medium, I felt this was a very natural totem for me to have as a result.

lovely experience! thank you for sharing all this. :)

Goddessofthehunter--I will join in on the game too! Looking forward to it! Hub & I are soon off to Poland for a week and I plan to take one of my smaller crystal balls with me to play with while there too. :) We should have internet service, so I will be able to post. Lets just hope we do!

GotH

@celticnoodle I'm so excited for your trip and I'm not even the one going! I just know you are going to have a great time. Nothing beats vacation time. :party:

Regarding Play Time- Yay! This is going to be fun. I don't have any time restrictions or days that I can't do this so I'm easy and open to any day. If anyone does let us know when a good time for you would be. Can we try this weekend or do we need to wait until next week? Let's do this as soon as we can! :D

GotH

Experience #6

Arachnids

Here's an interesting bit. I did a quickie last night and saw 2 different spiders. One was a flat brown spider with long bent legs. Then I saw the opening and closing of fangs from a tarantula. I wasn't planning on doing a long session so I stopped there without any certain closing ritual. Well.... The funny thing is, it must have not been done showing me things because shortly after that I got on the phone with a friend and while we were chatting I looked in and saw an obvious Scorpion! How rude of me.

Has this happened to anyone before? You think you are done but the ball has more to share with you? :confused: My ball is definitely NOT shy or selfish that is for sure. :)

celticnoodle

@celticnoodle I'm so excited for your trip and I'm not even the one going! I just know you are going to have a great time. Nothing beats vacation time. :party:

oh, I'm sure we will too. hub has to work during the day--but not long hours like he normally does--and even while he is working, I plan to explore! :D When he can join in, we'll explore together and have a great time. thank you though, for your being excited too. :)

Regarding Play Time- Yay! This is going to be fun. I don't have any time restrictions or days that I can't do this so I'm easy and open to any day. If anyone does let us know when a good time for you would be. Can we try this weekend or do we need to wait until next week? Let's do this as soon as we can! :D

see below at the end

Arachnids

Here's an interesting bit. I did a quickie last night and saw 2 different spiders. One was a flat brown spider with long bent legs. Then I saw the opening and closing of fangs from a tarantula. I wasn't planning on doing a long session so I stopped there without any certain closing ritual. Well.... The funny thing is, it must have not been done showing me things because shortly after that I got on the phone with a friend and while we were chatting I looked in and saw an obvious Scorpion! How rude of me.

Has this happened to anyone before? You think you are done but the ball has more to share with you? :confused: My ball is definitely NOT shy or selfish that is for sure. :)
never had this that I recall when I was scrying. However, I know spider often comes to me--not a totem, (I pray), but for a long time spiders were ALWAYS coming to me--both in a meditative way and literal way. I begged and begged the universe NOT to send the spider, as they scare the you know what out of me, and I just cannot get over my fear of them. Finally, it stopped. Till the other day, when I was doing a chakra meditation and decided to hold my two auralite23's in each hand. (Not a ball--they are long and fit well in each hand). It was a great meditation, but of course two spiders came along with the meditation, as well as horse (a totem) and cat (another totem).

I do know that spiders are telling us to be careful when we make our choices, as this will also affect and improve or not improve our lives and those we have around us. So, our choices have to be made wisely. Spiders are also about patience--not rushing into things--so this is where the patience is great to rely upon. They are powerful totems too--and wise 'teachers'--also indicating that there is something we will learn and begin to take part in or control of. They are very creative.

All good things, but I'd much rather find out through another more agreeable power animal. :D

now, as for the game--
as for me this weekend I'm flying and will be busy with that--but feel free to start w/o me and I'll join in the next time, if and when I can. :D I will of course be reading up on all everyone posts, and I do not want to hold anyone back--so please, don't wait for me.

however, we can also just indicate that we can scry when we have time to do so and post here within a certain time frame--sort of like the reading exchanges offer and hten all discuss it. Though I do not want to hijack your game--just giving you something to consider. I do not mind joining in at a later date and observing how you all do--in fact, I rather enjoy reading of everyone's experiences. :D So, if I do miss out, have fun!

GotH

oh, I'm sure we will too. hub has to work during the day--but not long hours like he normally does--and even while he is working, I plan to explore! :D When he can join in, we'll explore together and have a great time. thank you though, for your being excited too. :)
Have a safe and fantastic time. :)

never had this that I recall when I was scrying. However, I know spider often comes to me--not a totem, (I pray), but for a long time spiders were ALWAYS coming to me--both in a meditative way and literal way. I begged and begged the universe NOT to send the spider, as they scare the you know what out of me, and I just cannot get over my fear of them. Finally, it stopped. Till the other day, when I was doing a chakra meditation and decided to hold my two auralite23's in each hand. (Not a ball--they are long and fit well in each hand). It was a great meditation, but of course two spiders came along with the meditation, as well as horse (a totem) and cat (another totem).

I do know that spiders are telling us to be careful when we make our choices, as this will also affect and improve or not improve our lives and those we have around us. So, our choices have to be made wisely. Spiders are also about patience--not rushing into things--so this is where the patience is great to rely upon. They are powerful totems too--and wise 'teachers'--also indicating that there is something we will learn and begin to take part in or control of. They are very creative.

All good things, but I'd much rather find out through another more agreeable power animal. :D
Spiders don't scare me for some reason. Thanks for your input on what they symbolize. I totally grasp the creativity part, I can totally see how that would pertain to me. Also I think spiders are like you say patient and have a strong female power about them. Think Black Widows.. These weren't black widows however. I'm sure there is a lot of powerful things to say about Scorpions but that COULD be pointing to certain people around me. The Scorp was really outstanding! I'm wondering if there is warning here about me needing to be protective for or against a certain Scorpion in my life. :bugeyed:

NOW I know why I became a tarot reader BEFORE I met my ball. It taught me how to understand and trust my intuition and how to discern the images that appear in the crystal. Epiphany! :D

Now, as for the game--
as for me this weekend I'm flying and will be busy with that--but feel free to start w/o me and I'll join in the next time, if and when I can. :D I will of course be reading up on all everyone posts, and I do not want to hold anyone back--so please, don't wait for me.
however, we can also just indicate that we can scry when we have time to do so and post here within a certain time frame--sort of like the reading exchanges offer and hten all discuss it. Though I do not want to hijack your game--just giving you something to consider. I do not mind joining in at a later date and observing how you all do--in fact, I rather enjoy reading of everyone's experiences. :D So, if I do miss out, have fun!

You can easily join in at any time. See something interesting in your ball, post it during the post date. And sure that sounds like a really good way to do this. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll just suggest that when we do this, to keep a focus on the "game" so that the energy relates to others as well. :) This should totally work!