Diamond Search - Calling All Diviners

AJ

General advice,

Put a clean bag in the vacuum and go over the house, even in the closets
Go through the current bag with a fine tooth comb, and do the same with the new one.
At least you'll know you tried.

But I stand by my reading.

Barleywine

General advice,

Put a clean bag in the vacuum and go over the house, even in the closets
Go through the current bag with a fine tooth comb, and do the same with the new one.
At least you'll know you tried.

But I stand by my reading.

The idea of a "drain" showed up as one possibility in my horary chart too. If it went down a sink drain it could be hung up in the "goose-necK" trap under the sink. They sometimes have a clean-out port on them that you can open up.

Mellaenn

Hi, everyone. Here is an update...I cleaned my house yesterday very carefully (though I didn't vacuum - great excuse not to!) and no luck so far. I will sort through the vacuum cleaner canister later when I have time. I like the idea of a high-powered flashlight but I really feel strongly that it's a goose chase. If it went down the drain in this house, it's gone.

I have to say, though, that while I did cry a lot Friday when I first found out, I am curiously optimistic about this turn of events. We have been going through a series of challenges in the past few years and this one was like "Snap! That was it, the last trial for a bit. Now things can get back to normal." Weird, huh? Still, that is the way I feel, like there's a checklist somewhere that indicates each challenging event we've faced of late and this one came at the end of the list before a little patch of sunlight that is now coming in. Call me an optimist or call me a Fool :D but I've made peace with it.

But I want to thank you all so kindly for your efforts here. The main thing I needed was not to be chained to an obsessive compulsion to search endlessly and I am very free of that.

Mellaenn

Food for Thought

I have the sinking feeling that it's gone for good.

Isn't if funny - I just noticed how I phrased my own perception about it - the use of the word 'sinking' and images some of you have of it having gone down the drain.

Pam O

Isn't if funny - I just noticed how I phrased my own perception about it - the use of the word 'sinking' and images some of you have of it having gone down the drain.

If it is down the drain, do you know how to get it out? If it is there, it is probably in that S curve in the pipe under the sink. Do you know what I mean?

ETA: I just realized you don't know this because 2 posts ago you said, "If it went down the drain in this house, it's gone." I had only read the first and the last post and knew about the S curve in the pipes under all sinks...

NO, all is not hopeless!!!!!
My legs are tingling like crazy. Who can help you? Do you need to call a plumber or have a friend who is good at this? My husband could do this, but he is not there, if that makes sense. Do you have a handy friend?

Barleywine

If it is down the drain, do you know how to get it out? If it is there, it is probably in that S curve in the pipe under the sink. Do you know what I mean?

ETA: I just realized you don't know this because 2 posts ago you said, "If it went down the drain in this house, it's gone." I had only read the first and the last post and knew about the S curve in the pipes under all sinks...

NO, all is not hopeless!!!!!
My legs are tingling like crazy. Who can help you? Do you need to call a plumber or have a friend who is good at this? My husband could do this, but he is not there, if that makes sense. Do you have a handy friend?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, some of those have an opening with a hand-turned lid that you can open to clean it out. Something as small as a diamond could fit through the hole. Otherwise, unless its a glued connection, all it takes is a couple of pipe wrenches. You might be surprised what you find in there :D

bleudiamond

Definitely check the car, around the floor/under the seats, even stuck in them