Intuituve Approach

satyam

I have some standard format tarot books with pages of descriptions of the cards and a few spreads but what I am looking for to balance that up is a good book with a more intuitive approach to learning to read.

One that helps you find your own meanings and also covers how to put all that together in readings.

Any ideas please?

Nemia

Mary Greer, Tarot for yourself.

It's the gold standard of intuitive tarot, I think, and a great workbook for yourself.

celticnoodle

Using your Natural Abilities to Read the Cards by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard.

http://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Tarot-Using-Natural-Abilities/dp/0738719757

a FANTASTIC book! Very easy to read and examples of things to do to develop your psychic abilities while reading tarot cards. (or oracle cards or can also be adopted to just develop your abilities w/o the cards!)

a must have book for every 'psychic' library IMHO.

Universal Student

"The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - EVER!" by Dusty White.

3ill.yazi

I recommend both The Dusty White and Mary Greer books.

satyam

Thanks for the input. I will look into these suggestions and let you know how I get on. Am leaning towards the Nancy Antenucci one.

satyam

is the rest of beyond the basics also good. I was looking at that one as have his plain and simple which I like

foolMoon

I feel the whole book is excellent. Highly recommended.

minotaur

I have seen all of the books mentioned. In my opinion the Dusty White book is best for what you seek. It is a workbook that you do with pen in hand.

I got a great deal out of that book as far as training myself to look at the cards and let them talk to me.