The Enchanted Map: 49 Talisman

ana luisa

Another card that stumps me is the Talisman. The author's definition does not work for me. It does not seem to relate to the image... How would you interpret it ? Trusting luck and going forth ?

jolie_amethyst

Bumping this one back up in hopes we can get some clarity on it through discussion.

Like Ana, I cannot quite reconcile this image, the title/keyword, and the booklet meaning together. A "Talisman" is normally a magical or sacred or even a security object, frequently considered to be lucky in nature. Yet the meaning talks mostly of wisdom and lessons and patterns...and the image to me is more one of journeys.

I can't quite wrap my head around it. Anyone else?

ana luisa

Hi jolie amethyst :) It´s been a while since I posted this thread I forgot I had it . You know what ? I gave up on the book and the title. What I did was put together the four symbols and pile their meanings as advice for the sitter.
Winding road - dragon- Yin-yang- Jera Rune

Although the road may be winding, you have luck on your side (dragon). If you manage to balance your energies (yin-yang) and respect nature/natural cycles (Jera), you´ll reach your destination.

jolie_amethyst

Hi jolie amethyst :) It´s been a while since I posted this thread I forgot I had it . You know what ? I gave up on the book and the title. What I did was put together the four symbols and pile their meanings as advice for the sitter.
Windy road - dragon- Yin-yang- Jera Rune

Although the road may be windy, you have luck on your side (dragon). If you manage to balance your energies (yin-yang) and respect nature/natural cycles (Jera), you´ll reach your destination.

I like your definition! You're so much more visual than I am...I've discovered lately that I tend to think even more in words than I thought. I don't seem to extract much beyond the literal from images. :(

As such...I caved and picked up a used copy of the book The Map. It doesn't directly correlate to the deck, but she did have a number of paragraphs that described her concept of Talismans--basically, taking the wisdom you've gained from life lessons and forming that into a mental talisman to guide you on your path. With that in mind, I can see where one's wisdom-talisman would grow stronger through each trial you experience; that for every life journey, it acts as both direction and a way to make your own luck/improve your fortunes.

It's an interesting idea, anyway. Yours is far more poetic though!

Water Lady

Windy road - dragon- Yin-yang- Jera Rune

Although the road may be windy, you have luck on your side (dragon). If you manage to balance your energies (yin-yang) and respect nature/natural cycles (Jera), you´ll reach your destination.

wow, permission to make meaning what makes sense....hurrah...and I like it as well.

ana luisa

wow, permission to make meaning what makes sense....hurrah...and I like it as well.

Just realized I mispelled WINDING.... Still struggling with this card. I guess I won't get used to it at all. What is certain is that the lady is carefree and trusts her luck and fate. She's just going her way. A what-the-heck attitude.

sarac77

The Enchanted Map - Talisman

Can anyone help?

I have just purchased the Enchanted Map Oracle Cards and I am struggling to identify the symbol under the left foot of the women in the picture on the card. Can anyone identify it?

Thank you in gratitude.

Sarah

samantha

I think Ana Luisa already mentioned it - the jera rune ? It represents the harvest or *bounty* .

RainbowPath

Hi,
How do you interpreted the symbols on her left shoulder?
As knowlege that she have been learning?