DREAM TEAM JUNE 15-JULY 13, 2014 GROUP 1

misser_piggit

Here's my dream for you misser_piggit...

I'm standing halfway up a mountain and I'm thinking about climbing to the top to collect something, but decide instead that I'll run around the side. As I go round the mountain, I see a large glass building and I think that although I'm visible, nobody can really pick me up from this distance and see what I'm doing.[/QUOTE ]
Well that pretty much sums up my work experience so far. It would be much easier to follow I like doing things the way i want not nesscarily the easiest. And i feel very unnoticed even in this glass house. But I'm working on taking on more leadership skills and task.

I go into the glass building and find myself behind some girls who are queuing at a bar. I begin to move off from the bar and a man gives me a very large set of keys which are for a car. One of the girls comments that I'll have to carry them round all night with me, and suggests that we get something to eat.

This reminds me of my first try at customer service manager. I have a nice lady manager that is a been very supporting in everything i try. We often had coffee breaks.

We go into a place for some food and as we sit down at the table, the manager and staff all go running into a back room shouting "Chilli Time" and it seems as though they are not going to serve anybody until they have eaten their bowls of chilli. A man sat at the next table says that it is like being in a desert, and I look at the tumble weed blowing across the floor.

Hm. Maybe...i dunno. Its really you gotta lead from the front at this job. Its always been sink or swim. Training is brief or nonexistent.

Then I am trying to find my way back to an office and when I find it, there is a metal door that rolls up like a blind, this opens and I go inside. I begin to undress and there is some machine which has been working all night. I turn it off using a program that shuts things down, but then the roller door will not stay down, so I keep having to use my hand to pull it down. Then some men turn up who have brought a delivery of a large number of boxes of exotic computer parts which they say I ordered, but I am dubious about signing for them as I don't remember ordering anything. I become anxious that I have used someone else's car to get here and need to return it to them, so I follow some man on a bike down a narrow little back alley through a garden. We arrive at a ninety degree left turn between some terraced houses, and I stop to allow a person behind me to go shooting past and into the narrow entrance. I then go through and there are some women at a desk, who seem to know what's happening, and they send me back into a side office to wait for something.

Maybe this last part is where i am. I keep playing around with the idea of taking manager spots. One right now is for inventory which I'm familiar with...our recent inventory supervisor left for salary management so I'm hoping to get his spot and move on. My backup plan is to just keep leading when i can, supporting the other leaders helping my peers. And my biggest goal is to buy a house in the next 10 years...also a big part of taking the starting salary is 40,000 & level above is 60,000 but quite honestly if i take that first salary it's gonna be nice on resumes for future jobs too.

Most of ya'lls dreams have shown over & over i have choices. I don't have to take what i don't want.

misser_piggit

Well you asked me to concentrate on clothes (Walmart specifically lol) and like a true woman I dreamt about tons of clothes!!!!
So I walked into a room and there was clothes filling every nook and cranny of the space. I mean the space was crammed and I was going through clothes, shoes and scarves but couldn't find anything I liked! Then my mother appeared in my dream and told me "stop fretting, you'll find just what you need!"
For me the message was quite clear in regards to your career, you'll have multiple options thrown at you and just won't know what to choose or what direction you should take in your professional life. You'll be confused, probably overwhelmed but when the right one comes along you won't have to push for it, it'll almost fall into your lap"

Make any sense?

I wish the right job would come along as easily as trying on clothes. My mother gives poor advice. Most the time we disagree. I don't think this dream hints at higher education which I'm pretty sure i need because this retail thing...I'm so over it. I'm quickly approaching 30 years old, i just feel like its so urgent to find one i like and won't mind doing for 30 more years. At least an area of intrest...

Thank you for th dream. I apologize for my late feedback. I had personal issues to deal with. Another downside to my job, its physical demanding. So many nights I'm exhausted and my body aches. I move freight, i work pallets. Everyday i give it my best and it isn't enough...with a store that huge and that much freight...good is never enough. Oh i try to tell my managers...hm i know this is my issue to solve.