Does anyone know good youtube videos for beginners.

Meemai

Or should I really read?

I am sorry I hate asking questions like these, but I stepped in to tarot cards by chance, I found this forum while looking for rune advice. But I bought a tarot deck and thought why not. I always abstained from it because it was so daunting having to learn all cards. I must say I really like symbolism and found a youtube video he does movie spreads so you pick cards and make a movie in which every card is a scene, you tie them together. According to him it's an easy method but I struggle with it still.

Now moving on I thought hey! I might learn what every card means, that would be easier. But it are a lot of cards and it is daunting and I am very sure every book will have a slightly different explanation. Then there is knowing all cards individual and tieing them together. I hate to ask it but does someone know a good source in which I could learn the most.

Where to start I am eager to start reading oh boy everyone is probably. But I have no clue where to start. I am very sorry for asking a question like this as these must pop up every day.... I did look at the beginners book sessions but there where so many with 5 stars that I got lost.

I guess the one on top would be best but I'd like to ask. By the way I do use my cards in a none 'I have higher powers' way I use them as advisors and to look at more perspectives more input, I use them as a divination. I in no way have higher powers. If you do I respect that but I am just saying I do not want to go in the higher regions kind of books. I trust in my own energy and the respect I have for the cards.

Ps I suck at shuffling advice for that?

MysticMoonlight

Yes, the Four Queens on YouTube is excellent as Onion Budgie suggested :) Also check out owlmoon513. She has a really great beginners series on YouTube as well! Good luck and just pace yourself and stick with it...you can do it! Read books, watch videos, and hang out here on AT, wonderfully helpful and most of all, practice, practice, practice!

Here is owlmoon513's link:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgUVlgJHgfBhtN69dtde3R1JYIVreLazc

jean bosco

Hi,
the above mentioned are awesome. But my favourite is still Jeanne Fiorini. And for card meanings you can go for Scarlet Hare (morning tarot-playlist). But anyway, in the end it makes sense to check them all out. They all have an individual approach which would give you a good overview... But it's also time consuming...

Onion Budgie

Yes! I really enjoy Scarlet's videos also. Her interpretations are so interesting.

Farzon

I'd say, just read. That's how I started, accompanied by my LWBs.
Just step into it, read as soon as possible. This also makes learning the meanings much easier.

Edit:
about YT: I like the videos from prince of cups, he explains the Opening Of The Key Spread. This spread is a more advanced one, though.

happyfish

Big YES to the Four Queens tarot course. She's very articulate and detailed in her teachings.

Daily Tarot Girl also has some good beginners videos on youtube. They are more basic, but honestly, I like to start with the basics and then work my way into the more detailed stuff.

Meemai

Actually four of queens has really helped me. I now know what to do etc. I think I learned quite fast, faster than I would have in a book. Also I have no books, in my country everyone agreed that a book should cost a standard amount of money. So when a book is 20 euro's it's 20 euro's. Tarot books are a major set back in that way tarot decks also. On book depository the same decks are sometimes 10 euro's cheaper, sometimes 6, or 8.

Now some tarot books differ with like 10 euro's or more... But book depository would mean a book needs a week or 3 to come here. Because somehow the post here is very slow...

And as such I can either get ebooks but those are a pain as you cannot really flip a page front and back easily. You know what I mean a book you can take and you can switch pages fast.

And I am still wondering what book to take as the beginner section on this site has a lot of books with star ratings, I kind of get lost! But thanks for advice all.

Samweiss

I found John Ballantrae's videos helpful back when I was starting. They are very clear and informative. He's also got a video about shuffling the deck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_q-5FmwkTs

Nowadays I mostly watch Prince of Cups 518's videos but I'm not sure if those are really meant for absolute beginners. Might still be useful to check them out. I found really helpful to watch people to do readings because that especially aided me how to link cards together in a reading.

PapaWolfie

I pretty much echo everything said here. Especially about the Four of Queens.

When I very first started out this video helped me. Learn the 78 Tarot Cards in Two Hours. I don't think that it's all-inclusive, but is a good introduction to how the tarot cards relate to each other. Also, just a good overview in general IMO.