Nuance cards

Amanaki

When doing a reading, do you use to look for the nuance cards to get even deeper understanding of your reading?

I finding it very important my self to learn all the steps of a reading and include as many aspects as possible, but of course it make it harder for me as a beginner in Lenormand readings. But its a bit of the challenge i like.

What spread do you use most often?

Amanaki

Barleywine

When doing a reading, do you use to look for the nuance cards to get even deeper understanding of your reading?

I finding it very important my self to learn all the steps of a reading and include as many aspects as possible, but of course it make it harder for me as a beginner in Lenormand readings. But its a bit of the challenge i like.

What spread do you use most often?

Amanaki

I only just encountered the idea of nuance cards in Rana George's book; it seems to have originated with her. The working theory seems to be that they are cards with certain "tonal" similarities that "come up around the significator" (meaning, I assume that they are immediately next to it, but that might be too literal). I haven't consciously or intentionally used it, but it doesn't conflict with the general approach to reading the "near" cards, just puts a little more meat on it.

Previously, I had come across the idea that the first three cards in the GT summarize what the reading is about to tell the querent ("setting the tone," so to speak), and the first ("trigger") card in the 9-card spread, taken in combination with the central "focus" card, adds something of the same tonal emphasis.

Although I love the GT, it is usually too sprawling and intricate for quick and frequent "situational" reads. So the 9-card square (or "box") has become my most-used spread.

Amanaki

Thank you for your answer Barleywine.

Yes i am also reading Rana Georges book, and i do like her look at the Nuance cards.
I am not sure she is the first who use nuance cards. but i feel she have a good way of use it.

For me it works well.

Amanaki

Barleywine

Thank you for your answer Barleywine.

Yes i am also reading Rana Georges book, and i do like her look at the Nuance cards.
I am not sure she is the first who use nuance cards. but i feel she have a good way of use it.

For me it works well.

Amanaki

Just FYI, she says somewhere in the book that it's her innovation. Of course, that doesn't mean she didn't draw inspiration from something similar that went before.

Amanaki

Yes i think many take inspiration from other good Lenormand readers.