Psychic Development

katrananda

Does anyone have any advice, clues or suggestions re psychic development? I want to develop clairvoyance, aura viewing, and other skills.
Hey, if there's a good website out there devoted to this, please let me know. I attended a Saturday workshop, which was successful, but the guy running it was somewhat dodgy(uses his workshops to size up all women present and decide which ones he would like to sleep with. A warning for Melbourne, Australia based women!).
Katrananda

miss_apples

Katrananda...sorry to hear about the workshop instuctor.

I am interested in developing my psychic abilities also. A good start is to meditate. My best friend practices scrying to develop hers.

dolphinprincess

I am currently reading Doreen Virtue's book "Divine Guidance".. which basically teaches the psychic development methods she uses in her workshop...

zorya

i believe the key is learning to listen.

learn to still your own thoughts and listen to those quieter thoughts coming through.

the way you can tell 'those' thoughts from your 'ego' thoughts are that those thoughts carry an objectivity with them; they generally speak in a calm, non-emotional voice. don't try to immediately analyze what you hear, feel or see, just accept it. once you try to analyze, your brain steps in and drowns out the message.

Imagemaker

Good advice here, plus, an excellent common-sense book is Your Sixth Sense: Unlocking the Power of Your Intuition by Belleruth Naparstek.

She has a website, other books, tapes, and workshops, too.

www.healthjourneys.com

Alissa

My own inner doors began unlocking more quickly after I started regularly sitting down to breathe and meditate. Once I asked my own Teachers your same question. They said, "It's as easy as breathing." I didn't believe it then, and laughed to myself. Yeah Right. But I tried anyhow.

Breath is the key. Breath. Consciousness. Form. With breath, and our conscious and sincere spiritual intention, we can use the form of the body to gain insights into the Eternal.

Start with learning how to really do belly breathing, it's what infants do naturally, but we unfortunately train it out of ourselves.

Breathing creates prana, which is energy. That energy can be used in many ways - not the least of which is reaching the quiet place that zorya so wisely describes above. This is where the answers lie, it's not the easiest place to find, but practice makes the path smoother and easier to get to.

More insights may begin coming to you, when you least expect it (showering, watching tv, driving ... brain resting times).

Best wishes to you on your path!

minotaur

seeing aura technique

To train yourself to see auras have the person in front of a well-lit white wall or background. Stare at the nose for a few seconds, then shift your gaze to the third eye (lower center forehead) while relaxing your peripheral vision. A thin outline, usually with colors will be visible.

After practice you will no longer need the white wall...it is a feel, much like riding a bicycle and is not difficult to get.

miss_apples

zorya said:
i believe the key is learning to listen.

learn to still your own thoughts and listen to those quieter thoughts coming through.

the way you can tell 'those' thoughts from your 'ego' thoughts are that those thoughts carry an objectivity with them; they generally speak in a calm, non-emotional voice. don't try to immediately analyze what you hear, feel or see, just accept it. once you try to analyze, your brain steps in and drowns out the message.

This is how my spirit guides communicate with me. Its like a telepathic message and basically I tell their communications from my own thoughts because I just know that the words they use are not my own. However Ive been communicating with them since I was 3 so Im starting to talk like them.

I would suggest katrananda to try and communicate to your spirit guides first. Not only do I think its the easiest spiritual/psychic thing to learn but also once you are able to communicate with them, they can help you develop other abilities.

Aura Wolf

I have a book that I found at a used book store and bought for like a dollar. It's on how to develop your psychic abilities. I haven't looked at it in a long time but one of the key points I remember was grounding and centering in order to free yourself of excess energy and allow new energy to cultivate. Basically what you do is sit or stand with your feet flat on the ground and your hands touching something such as a table or book or any inanimate object. The great thing about it is you can do it anywhere, even when you're in your car driving with your hands on the steering wheel. Just relax your body and breathe deeply and allow the excess energy to flow out of your hands and feet into your environment and the objects around you so that you don't get bogged down by stress and other influences that can block your perception.

The second key I believe was learning to locate your gut feeling and learning to trust your gut instinct, just like intuition. I think you just kind of meditate and breathe and you'll start to feel the center of yourself which actually is in your gut, you kind of start to focus on that spot beneath your heart and chest and above your stomach and you kind of feel things there the way you feel intuition. Like you can do exercises and things and test this, such as guessing games. Like someone suggested the other day in the Talking Tarot forum you could take 3 different tarot cards and turn them face down and mix them up, trying to guess which one is which. But the trick about this is to learn to go with your gut instinct, and that's the first little initial feeling we get about things before we rule it out and start thinking logically. Go with your first instinct on things.

I haven't looked at the book in a long time but those are two things I remember so I hope they helped some :D

TemperanceAngel

katrananda said:

Hey, if there's a good website out there devoted to this, please let me know. I attended a Saturday workshop, which was successful, but the guy running it was somewhat dodgy(uses his workshops to size up all women present and decide which ones he would like to sleep with. A warning for Melbourne, Australia based women!).
I live in Melbourne, perhaps you could pm me the details, please?
XTAX