Psychic Development

mac22

katrananda said:
Does anyone have any advice, clues or suggestions re psychic development? I want to develop clairvoyance, aura viewing, and other skills.
Hey, if there's a good website out there devoted to this, please let me know. I attended a Saturday workshop, which was successful, but the guy running it was somewhat dodgy(uses his workshops to size up all women present and decide which ones he would like to sleep with. A warning for Melbourne, Australia based women!).
Katrananda

My advice learn to ground...then learn a form of meditation, then meditate daily.

katrananda

Thanks everyone who responded thus far. All information has been copied down. I am meditating every day, practicing seeing auras against a white background, and am starting to see some progress.
Katrananda

ScarabFlight

An interesting book

I also will recommend The Sixth Sense by Belleruth Naperstak :D and Practical Intuition by Laura Day. I am reading Practical Intuition again and it has lots of exercises, I find that helpful. I usually need to do and not just read, and writing down impressions helps to solidify them and make you more aware of them. Just my newbie 2 cents. :)

P.S. Sirona86, that is a very interesting site! I'm only on the first page but so far so good. ;)

Jen

Hi katrananda,
The book called The Idiot's Guide to Being Psychic is good. It covers pretty much all of the psychic arts.

There's so many ways to develop your psychic self. They say "desire is the best teacher", so with your desire I'm sure all kinds of help will be popping up.

Here are some books that have helped me:

Any of Doreen Virutue's book's
Second Sight by Judith Orloff
Diary of a Psychic by Sonia Choquette (I just finished this one and I'm going to start a thread to recommend it - I loved it!)
Idiot's Guide to Being Psychic
Emissary of Love - James F. Twyman
Personal Power through Awareness - Sanaya Roman (I think the title of this book doesn't do it justice - It's the best book on energy and telepathy I've ever read)
Opening to Channel - How to connect with your guide - Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer

I'm generally not a person that likes to read books a second time - but I would read any of these over and over. :)

lionette

Hi katrananda,

I have a book that you might find useful. Basic Magick: a practical guide by Phillip Cooper. The perspective of the book is magickal (as you'd guess from title!) but the author is primarily encouraging on to learn how to focus internal energy. There are a few very helpful practices on how to harness energy and concentrate for a variety of purposes. Maybe this book could help? (I found it at my local Barnes & Noble.)

good luck !!

ScarabFlight

Yeah

Ohhh ohhhh, yes Second Sight is really good. (I forgot about that one!) I think I may have to read that one again too...*wanders off to search the bookshelves*

purple_scorp

Jen,
you mentioned Sonia Choquette. I have two of her books:
The Psychic Pathway and Your Heart's Desire. Both excellent books. Katanandra, The Psychic Pathway is a twelve-week program designed to guide you on your psychic development. Well worth a read.

purple_scorp

poivre

I try to relax with trying to keep my mind still, then I become aware of my breathing & I try to stay calm inside in any situation. I find it takes practice & awareness.
I find being relaxed I'm more sensitive to noise but everthing seems clearer when I'm aware of what I'm doing. Even with my thoughts I try to detach myself from my thoughts & my emotions & find the silver thread in every cloud. That's not always easy. I try to look in on the situation not look from the inside, out.
Somedays I'm not real happy with my new awareness, I was very blind & deaf before & didn't even know what I was missing.Somtimes now I'm too aware & that's not always a good thing.lol