Psychic Development

Nitegoddess

I think that desire is a key. The desire to further yourself in your journey. My mom belongs to what I like to call her "Ya-Ya group" and they meditate at each meeting and study different self help books and or help one another develop their gift. I think I may be attending one in a few weeks and I will ask them of any ideas for online psychic development. They are really good from what I hear. I have never gone to her group because I feel that I can't be as open with my mom there!!

Ani

I am going to share a technique with you that was used by the ancient Egyptians as the first initiation into the mysteries. I trust it will be used for the good of all.
The key here is waking up the pineal gland because in truth it has wilted since our childhood due to forced beliefs and not being able to use our natural psychic abilities throughout our life.

Get into a relaxed state of meditation, open your third eye chakra and focus on that area for a while. touch your forehead lightly with your index and middle fingers
for a few seconds then relax your hand again. Just feel the energy of your fingers penetrating your head going deeper and deeper into your brain until it hits the pineal gland which is licated at the center of your head. Just visualize this gland as a little white grape about the size of a pea, but it is more like a dried up raisin. Now you have to use an ancient chant you might want to practice ahead of time to get it right. In a mid C note ( not too high not too low ) take a deep breath in, hold it for five seconds and say "THOH", it has to be long enough to expell all of your breath and loud enough to vibrate your head, TTTTTHHHHHHOOOOOOOHH. While you do this focus all of your atention on that gland in the middle of your head and visualize it coming back to health and sending white light or energy through the rest of your brain and body. Do this only three times, and for three days in a row. this is a one time exercise but if you don't feel anything within two weeks do it again.
Side effects may include headaches, when I did this it actuall yfelt like I had a bump on my forehead and had to look in the mirror to realize there was nothing there. Hope this helps you, I also know of a crown chakra technique that can be done anytime.

Ani

My teachers name is Doug DeLong, he is a clairvoyant, medical intuitive, past life therapist, chakra master, and gifted psychic. He runs the DeLong Mystery School here in Saskatchewan, his first book is called Ancient teachings for beginners, it is full of wonderful exercises to develope your psychic abilities, check it out. Anyway, here is the crown chakra technique.

Once you are in a relaxed state do the same thing as before when you touched your forhead, this time visualize a beautiful purple flower all closed up in your third eye chakra, take a deep breath in, hold for 5 seconds and say MAY long enough to expel all your breath
MMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY in a mid C note or somewhere in mid range. as you do this focus all your energy on the third eye and visualize and feel that purple flower opening all the way up, spreading wide across your forehead and face. Do this 2 or 3 times then do the same thing with the crown. This time use a white flower and feel it opening all the way down the sides of your head. You can do this as many times as you want but once you get good at it you wont need to do it that much. Try doing this before you practice aura reading. Sometimes it is hard to do this anytime because you don't exactly want other people to think you are nuts. We start off all of our classes and group meditations with this which is very powerful since there is usually 20 or 30 of us. I would suggest that once your crown is wide open you should breath in pure white energy through the top of your head and flow it through your whole body and expell it through your feet, this can be a very healing experience. It is backwards as oposed to other traditions who teach to start from the earth going up but if we open our crowns first we have a direct conection to our Angels and they can assist in moving healing energy through our bodies.

Enjoy.

Tarotphelia

Dead Star said:
I have a book that I found at a used book store and bought for like a dollar. It's on how to develop your psychic abilities. I haven't looked at it in a long time but one of the key points I remember was grounding and centering in order to free yourself of excess energy and allow new energy to cultivate. Basically what you do is sit or stand with your feet flat on the ground and your hands touching something such as a table or book or any inanimate object. The great thing about it is you can do it anywhere, even when you're in your car driving with your hands on the steering wheel. Just relax your body and breathe deeply and allow the excess energy to flow out of your hands and feet into your environment and the objects around you so that you don't get bogged down by stress and other influences that can block your perception.

I haven't looked at the book in a long time but those are two things I remember so I hope they helped some :D

Dead Star !!! PLEASE- what is the name of the book and who is the author ????

I found that book in just the same way , and it is in storage right now . I have done that exercise many times, and the first time I did it, I slept beautifully. The book had other neat exercises in it , but they were a little too intense and I had to stop them. I can't remember the name of it . I tried looking through keyword searches on psychic development, etc. , but there is so much similarly titled material out there , it is an impossible task. I think it is from the late 70's - early 80's.

Tarotphelia

Aura Wolf

Alright everyone, here's the info on that book! :D

"Develop Your Psychic Abilities (And Get Them To Work for You in Your Daily Life)" by Litany Burns. It's a small paperback that was published in 1985. The cover photo is a figure of a man surrounded in a bright pink aura.

It's really neat, and I'll have to look more into it now. Here are the chapters in the book:

Energy, Preliminaries, Psychic Reading, Psychometry, The Body and the Spirit, Auras, Psychic Healing, Spirits, Ghosts, and Guides, Clairvoyance, Mediumship, Ouija Boards, Other Tools of the Psychic, What To Look For in a Competent Reader, Psychokinesis, Telepathy, Psychic Children, and Beginnings.

For such a small book it's very informative. It's been a long time since I looked at it and I wasn't quite as enlightened back then, but now I'm glad I came across it. Apparently it was a best-seller when it was released, but I think it's now out of print. However you can get it cheap and/or used from a few places:

Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0132054361/ref=nosim/aeclectic/
Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...ilities+Litany+Burns&index=blended/aeclectic/
Mysticlink.com - http://www.mysticlink.com/pi/3346.html

I hope this helps, in case anyone really wants it. Here's a little info on the author: http://litanyburns.com/whois.html

If you ask me, I think it's worth it.

kerri28

Ok, what I've found that works for me is meditation, meditation and some more mediatation.

I've done alot of aurua cleansing, chakra clearing and a tonne of healing work on myself by me and by others.

I've also found that by reading spiritual books, especially chanelled books, that this will open you up more.

A couple of books that I would recommend would be:
* Healing by the Angels, by Doreen Virtue;
* Spiritual Growth, by Sanaya Roman;
* A Beginner's Guide to Ascesion, by Joshua Davied Stone & Janna Shelly Parker;
* Diary of A Psychic, by sonia Choquette;and
* Pleiadian Perspectives on Human Evolution, by Amorah Quan Yin.

The last book is a fairly heavy read but the amount of healing that I received from this book astounds me.

Anyway, hope that i've helped.

Light and Love
Kerrie

Ani

I totally agree with kerri28, meditation, meditation, meditation. Find a system that works for you and stick with it. One thing to keep in mind is that everyone is at a different level on their spiritual/psychic journey here so what works for one may not work for another, don't get ahead of yourself as this is a lifelong journey and you don't have to be in a hurry, stick with your program and pay attention to the results. My own journey has taken me beyond anyplace I could have thought possible and Probably will continue to do so, When I started I got so frustrated because I couldn't comprehend much of the information I came across, now I am teaching many others. I used to be skeptical about channeled info as it was hard to relate, now it enlightens me beyond words. In the spirit world there is no time but now.

jlbvt

Some fun things to try

I also reccommend meditation, especially with visualizations. Grounding is part of that catagory, as well as learning to do a protective sphere, drawing in positive energy and pushing out negativity. I am also reading "Divine Guidance" and have found some rather helpful things.

I never see auras "around" people, and I don't see them "visually?" I get it as a feeling inside my mind, like when you close your eyes to try to picture something in your head. The color is a cloud inhabiting the area of the person's torso. Sometimes it is a good clear vivid color, sometimes it's cloudy and dark, and they are all different shades of different colors. I don't see them with most people, but I can usually see my son's if I just concentrate for a second. Sometimes I will see a stranger's aura without even thinking about it, but that doesn't happen often.

I have an exercise I practice with my S/O, since he is nice enough to devote his time and energy to my studies...
He thinks of a two digit number and holds the thought of it in his head, and I will concentrate on his thoughts and try to feel the number. Sometimes it is easy, and sometimes I have to make him picture it very clearly for a long time. I think I am more visual in this kind of perception, because I usually pick up whether the number is straight or curvy first, and 0s are pretty easy. It's very good exercise for the psychic part of your brain... When I was younger, I was even better at it, and I used to have fun at college, doing it for the other kids in the dorms. Sometimes it would freak them out! ;)

Another exercise that I sometimes do in my free time is to sit down with a deck of regular cards in a pile face down. I concentrate on the top card and hold my hand over it. I almost always pick up some energy from the card, the color, the suit, whether theres an illustration (a royal card) and occasionally the exact number of the card.

(that should help explain to everyone why I love Las Vegas so much. )

mysticalowl

meditation with various stones like moonstone really help open up your mind. That is what seemed to work best for me.