Teal Swan Anyone?

Sonia Doris

Hi!

Just a question, I've recently discovered Teal Swan and I've been hooked ever since.

Teal Swan/Scott, aka The Spiritual Catalist, this is her YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSpiritualCatalyst

Does anybody follow her? What do you think? I have to say I love the way she speaks and I feel I've considerably accelerated my spiritual awakening due to her, it just clicks and I absorb her words for some reason like a sponge like it's stuff I already know and understand. It hasn't happened to be before to find somebody to influence me in such a manner, I guess I found her at the right time in my life.

So, if you know of her, what do you think?

donnalee

I didn't know of this person but just checked out the website--interesting enough to subscribe to, for me, although I personally would not take the remedies s/he does--

Sonia Doris

They don't work for me either, but in the end it's what she discovered through her experience and she's always promoted the idea of taking teachings not teachers, taking what you need from sources all over the world and beyond.

I like her rhetoric and the way she frames complex ideas in simple words and examples, I truly relate to that.

esspeet

Hi!

Just a question, I've recently discovered Teal Swan and I've been hooked ever since.

Teal Swan/Scott, aka The Spiritual Catalist, this is her YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSpiritualCatalyst

Does anybody follow her? What do you think? I have to say I love the way she speaks and I feel I've considerably accelerated my spiritual awakening due to her, it just clicks and I absorb her words for some reason like a sponge like it's stuff I already know and understand. It hasn't happened to be before to find somebody to influence me in such a manner, I guess I found her at the right time in my life.

So, if you know of her, what do you think?

I agree with most of what she has to say and think the message she promotes can be useful for many people. Her overall message is one I align with in many ways.

That being said, there's something about her that I find morally dubious. The thing is, I can't quite put my finger on it. I wonder if perhaps this is unfounded, my apprehension I mean. I think the reason there is some suspicion is due to the story she tells of being a satanic ritual abuse survivor. I've heard in many interviews that she's been physically scarred by her abuser(s), but there are pictures of her on the internet that show a lot of skin, and I never saw any evidence of being violently abused. There could be an innocent explanation to this, though..

For now, I still watch her videos with an open mind and take what I can to further my own growth.

Sonia Doris

Esspeet, I do agree with you, I find that part shady at best. Especially during her last TV interview, I think she pushed it a bit with the crying. I do think there must be something there, but maybe not to that extent. I know I sometimes like to add trinkets and "cool stuff" to my stories if I feel like impressing somebody. XD

I for one am actually taking her advice on not subscribing 100% to a teacher or the other, just take in whatever suits you.

I don't like her because she's bringing new knowledge, it's because she's confirming things for me, connecting dots here and there and leading me to other people I want to listen to. :-D

ravenest

In many cases ritual satanic abuse has proven to be a bit of "Christian propaganda" ... and in one specific case, it was the 'rescuers' and later 'recovery experts' that were seen to actually have committed the abuse themselves (which I researched and wrote upon - about such people trying to start that particular witch hunt here - and reported my findings to the police - as the same people had been caught for doing it in UK, then in USA and they were on the run from a court case about it in the USA. then they came here and started to try to instill it in the media ... I tracked the story from our local paper, to the local news outlet media, to the source in the Illawarra Mercury, to the journalist, got their names, checked their credentials (they had non) and then found out by trying to check their credentials, about all their past court cases and charges of some of them and their fellow conspirators ... they caused a LOT of damage in the UK -including pre-dawn raids on 'pagan households' by armed masked police officers who took their children into custody and isolation from their parents ... and were held in control of these people who abused them themselves and indoctrinated them with drug and satanic paraphernalia ... my article was also published by a magazine ... their 'mission' in Australia flopped )

However ... as you say ... just take from it what you find worthwhile and disregard the rest ... as she seems to suggest herself ... if you find some things worthwhile. Extract the gold.

A percentage of it ( x% ? ) will be marketing as well.

Sonia Doris

Well, indeed, she's definitely in it for the profit, a great deal at least. Otherwise she wouldn't take money, right?

But because of her I rethought my opinion on Russell Brand and now I'm totally hooked (and slightly in love too XD). :-D

esspeet

So! Just found a video that shows some scarring. I know this isn't pertinent to the original intent of the thread, but just in case anyone else was wondering about it, she shows her scars in a documentary entitled "Open Shadows: The Story of Teal Swan". Link to the trailer here: Click!

EDIT: whoa, didn't realize the video would embed itself.. I apologize if this is against the rules.

Sonia Doris

Oh, thanks for that, indeed, she seems to be deeply troubled and scarred on her body and inside. Still, I don't doubt there is enough marketing in her stuff as well. :-D

ravenest

So! Just found a video that shows some scarring. I know this isn't pertinent to the original intent of the thread, but just in case anyone else was wondering about it, she shows her scars in a documentary entitled "Open Shadows: The Story of Teal Swan". Link to the trailer here:

EDIT: whoa, didn't realize the video would embed itself.. I apologize if this is against the rules.

How on earth did you do that ????

I have never been able to embed a vid here (and some threads will allow a pic and others wont ) :confused: