Favorite stones!

Sunwolf

Brain cramp!

I thought this would be an easy question to answer but everytime I tried to type one answer another would pop into my mind and I would stop and think, "Ooooh! I love that one too!" I will settle on my two favorite stones to give to others: amethyst (because, well, it's AMETHYST and it does nearly everything!) and black tourmaline (because I teach and work with a lot of folks new to lightwork and they often need that grounding and protection to anchor them at first)

Great thread! :)

punchinella

Interesting thread. The things different people are attracted to are so, well, different! I find that I generally feel better with a bit of amber close to my body, and it's not just due to release of that painkiller substance since whether or not the amber touches my skin doesn't seem to make any difference.

Lapis lazuli is also very comforting, and helps me at work.

Most of the amber I own is in the yellow color range, so I suppose the reason it makes me feel better has something to do with the solar plexus. And of course lapis/throat.

Richard

I like the Eilat Stone (King Solomon Stone), the national stone of Israel. Here is an enlarged view of my little Eilat Stone cabochon.

Attachments

• stone.jpg
    stone.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 102

Tanga

"Favourite stones"

As has been expressed here - I really like lots and lots of stones! Lol.
But if I look at my collection - I can see 4 categories of multi-buys.

Four categories:

1) I like black stones. I have alot of them, mostly Obsidian and some Tourmaline, and most of my black pieces reside on my working Earth (element) Altar.
I like all the associations with black and the dark side etc. And the associations with scrying etc. And the associations with 'mirror' protection - i.e. they reflect everything back at the source. In the photo "the dark side", you can see an obsidian mirror (cut and polished curtesy of Tony Fossils, who has a crystal stall in central London), a rainbow obsidian egg, a large black smokey quartz point, an Apache's tear - and the 'bar' is tourmaline quartz.

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820478646948/

2) I love Amber - my budding interest in crystals, was an obsession with amber. Especially for 2 things - it is associated with protection for therapists (screening from the 'baggage' of their clients, and at the time I was learning to be a therapist) and it also has a reference to witches jewellery - as Freya wore a magickal Amber necklace.
I have lots of Amber jewellery (some orange, black, and green). In the photo "Amber delight" you will see a mala, a pendant with the 'shape' of an imago (I call this one 'my horrible little monster' - it was in the shop for a year whilst I admired it every time - and I eventually decided it must be for me as nobody was buying it. It had dropped to sale price by then), and a rough piece which actually has loads of tiny little insects in it - quite an insect story if you look at it through a magnifying glass. I wonder how so many different insects where in one place at the same time when I study this one.

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820478646940/

3) I like Carnelian. Carnelian is a 'ladies' stone and good for 'ladies' problems. In "the faces of Carnelian" you can see 3 types. The smallest is green and I use that to meditate with sometimes (that exercise of 'staring' at an object).

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820478646944/

4) I like clear and rutile Quartz. No photo for these as it's 11.30pm and for this, I'd have to go around the house unsticking some of the pieces from their guarding spots whilst other house occupants are sleeping near-by. :)
I have placed alot of quartz about my home 'programmed' as energetic screens or guardians.

Lily = But is she the savior of the human ra-a-ace? ;-) (Ok, obscure reference but I want to see if anyone gets it.)

Enlighten me - I don't get the reference. Can only think of Lilith. :)

punchinella

LRichard, the Eilat stone is beautiful. And Tanga, you are very lucky to have an amber mala :)

I also enjoy carnelian, and carry a piece around in my pocket sometimes.

stone_lotus

I have three favorites!

My labradorite -- such a soothing, calming stone. I'm not HUGELY whimsical, but I do get the sensation that this stone cares about me. : )

WhDNoc8l.jpg

A little rose quartz.

A plain yet mysterious white stone (crystal?) I found in a cave in rural Canada a few years back while hiking with my brother. I don't actually know what kind of stone this is -- if anyone recognizes it, please shout out!

GwfJSZBl.jpg

Tanga

"Favourite stones"

I grew up with Turqoise all around me as my dad worked for a copper mine where it was abundant in the area.

Wow! lucky you! :) I'm rather partial to Turqoise - but not to wear.
I have two favourite tiny statuettes on my home-office desk. A happy Bhudda and a styalised frog (Native America frog medicine = cleansing and replenishment. Apparently also good for exorcism).
I hadn't realised (from your link) that it can occur in purple!!! <much drooling here>

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820478652271/

LRichard, the Eilat stone is beautiful. And Tanga, you are very lucky to have an amber mala :)

I strung it myself from a long string I bought years ago (before Jurassic Park came out and the price of Amber jumped up) - the larger guru bead on the end... I can't remember where that came from.

ArmidatheSaracen

Why rose quartz is so very, very beautiful. I know that will be a popular answer on this board.

I'm becoming fond of fire agate, I read a great deal about its history, I don't remember whether it is fire agate or carnelian that the ancient Romans would burn before riding into battle to give them courage, but the two are often used interchangeably for inspiring the spirit and mind, for ambition and passion, confidence. I bought some for myself because I'm a nervous, shy soul and thought it might bring out the lion in me! I have this gorgeous pair of fire agate if I do say so myself :) that an artist made for me, they are one-of-a-kind. The FA is a big, perfectly round orange ball, with mauve and lavender streaks in it, very shiny, it dangles/drops from my ears, there are lots of pear-shaped swarovski crystals hanging around it to enhance its effects. Sorry to go on such a tangent, but they mean a lot to me!