how do I know if my third eye is open?

Cacia

Hello

I was wondering if there is any way to know if my 3rd eye is open, any suggestions or ideas how to figure out this. Thanks for your help

Apollonia

I don't know if this answers your specific question, but I was taught by Echo Bodine to just envision a big eye in that area opening up whenever you want to do psychic work. That has always worked for me. I was taught that you are in control of whether any of your chakras are open, and to whatever degree you wish (except that you can never completely close down the first and seventh).

You don't want to go around with your Third Eye chakra open all the time, that leads to all kinds of complications, including fatigue, emotional drainage, headache, and the dreaded "Long Island Medium Syndrome" (running up to random people and giving them unasked-for spontaneous readings).

Morwenna

I never know whether mine is open or not, except in one circumstance: when I'm taking part in a healing circle. Then it itches something fierce!

tarotbear

Having your third eye WIDE open can be a very unsettling circumstance. Once - a long, long time ago - I had bought a small sugilite pyramid and was going to do a meditation with it on my third eye, but worried that it would probably fall or slide off I tied a bandanna around my head and inserted the pyramid under it ... and proceeded to FALL ALSEEP! :eek: Not Recommended! :bugeyed: All the next day at work {No - I DID NOT wear the bandanna or the sugilite at work!} I felt like I was floating 6 inches above the ground - sort of like that old V-8 commercial where the man was walking tilted at an angle - ASA I got out of work I raced to the closest rock shop and ended up buying a large smokey quartz crystal about the size of an apple and drove home with it in my hand and when I got home used it to 'ground myself out'.

ravenest

If I was you I would have taken it off when I woke up and not gone to work with the crystal tied on with a bandana .

Morwenna

Hematite is good for grounding. (The voice of experience.) Amber is good for soaking up extra energy for tapping into later!

I'm sure he took it off before going to work... You did, didn't you, TB? :bugeyed:

GotH

Funny to see this thread. Last night I was trying to relax into a meditative state when I kept seeing this huge eye ball with long eye lashes and such. The details were clear to where even the gloss of the eye came through. Well, I ended up falling asleep but I kept waking through the night. I wonder if that's because I didn't get the eye to close before I did. :bugeyed:

Someone here should teach a 3rd Eye class on how to properly care for it. :joke:

Cacia

Apollonia

You don't want to go around with your Third Eye chakra open all the time, that leads to all kinds of complications, including fatigue, emotional drainage, headache, and the dreaded "Long Island Medium Syndrome" (running up to random people and giving them unasked-for spontaneous readings). HAHAHAHAAHA you definitely making me laugh, this was hilarious and cute.

Tarot bear

Definitely, I will keep that in mind if that ever happened to me hahahahaha, sorry but one can only laugh, I know probably was not a good experience but the way you tell the story can not help but laugh. Sorry, do not mean to offend you but was cute not the situation but the way you tell your story.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and guiding me or giving me some ideas, many blessings :)

Briar Rose

Your third eye is your pineal gland. It has the same type of cones and rods that your eye balls have, that is why they call it the third eye. How you can tell if it is open is by picturing something in your *mind's eye* for instance, on a beach looking out, and in the sky is a rainbow. Can you picture that scene clearly?

The pineal gland can calcify for many reasons, such as but not limited to; diet and flouride tooth paste and flouride in drinking water. This is something you don't want to happen.

You can de-calcify your pineal gland easily.

I would suggest looking up Hibiscus Moon on yourtube, go to her channel and she has several video's on the topic. She has a master's degree in science and was head of chair for 10 years. I trust in her knowledge and expertise.

On a personal note, having a clear pineal gland and learning to work with your mind's eye is totally different than, for instance, have your chakra's open, palm chkra's open. Some people feel that being so OPEN makes you vunerable to negative energy. That is true if you do not understand how it works to deflect that type of energy.

What you think about, you bring about.

I would also suggest learning about working with energy, and reading books like, The Hands of Light and Light Emerging. Learn Chakra's and how to work with them, and from there graduate with pineal gland. Advanced people can work with Kundulini, only I wouldn't suggest that if you aren't at least under a master.

Just like a staircase, you have to climb it to reach the top. Make sure you have strong footing (that would be your knowledge). Play safe, be aware and have some fun with the science behind it.