Changing the structure of a crystal

seedcake

I decided to write here my little issue with crystals. I love them to pieces but I've noticed that few of them are getting damaged. I care about them, clean etc. but at some point, I notice changes in their structures. I carry some with me in the pocket, or sleep with one or two under the pillow. In both conditions, I'm sure that they can't get any crack. My favourites are tumblestones 'cause they're not so big so I can take them everywhere. In my turkish opal I noticed a hump which hadn't been there two days ago. I talked about it with my friend who is also into them. We made the conclusion that it's my "fault". I'm working a lot on my spiritual growth and crystals are part in it. Possibly, the energy which I'm releasing is changing their structure. Of course, it's not like this with every crystal. The ones which changed are mentioned turkish opal, amethyst and green fluorite. One of my amethysts just cracked and second, bigger one, has places which are like melted. Sodalite and lapis lazuli (favourite) seem to be strong and I see no changes in them.

I believe all changes are connected with their general structure. I wear gold, silver and even little diamond, and they seem very sturdy. Right behind them I'd give lapis lazuli. I'd love to know your thoughts and if you had or has such experiences.

Much love :love:

Aura Wolf

I have noticed from my own personal experience and in the experiences of those around me that crystals do sometimes change their structure depending on the person using them (many of my friends trade crystals, and they sometimes change colour or shape after changing hands). I'm still fairly new to noticing most of the subtle differences myself...probably partially due to the fact that I have a LOT of crystals right now, and getting to know each of them personally is proving to be a feat...I really should part with some! But my husband and friends will often point out how things have changed, either breaks or chips (which I tend not to mind as much--I am careful with my stones, but don't over-fret when they are damaged...I love them anyway, it adds character!), or structural growth patterns (which are natural changes that occur, and while we may contribute, it's certainly not a bad thing).

I have had some crystals which had rainbows in specific places when purchased, which over time shifted or disappeared, and in the case of one fluorite, reappeared after disappearing for awhile! Then disappeared again. It's not the lighting--I checked them multiple times in multiple lights, very carefully. It's just something that can happen with time and use.

Apollonia

I have had some crystals which had rainbows in specific places when purchased, which over time shifted or disappeared, and in the case of one fluorite, reappeared after disappearing for awhile! Then disappeared again. It's not the lighting--I checked them multiple times in multiple lights, very carefully. It's just something that can happen with time and use.
I have had a similar experience, as many of my crystals that I know for certain did not have rainbows when I obtained them developed rainbows later on.

Aura Wolf

I have had a similar experience, as many of my crystals that I know for certain did not have rainbows when I obtained them developed rainbows later on.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :D Of course, sometimes new rainbows form when crystals are dropped and fracture on the inside; but that hasn't been the case with most of my crystals...the rainbows just change on their own as the crystal morphs. Then of course there are (seemingly less common, at least for me) colour changes, shape/size changes (especially individual points on a cluster that keep growing), etc.