Awakening Aeon Tarot

frac_ture

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of the Awakening Aeon Tarot? I'd never encountered it anywhere before, but I'm attending an Astrology conference right now, and one of the women who runs the event co-created the deck, so I got myself a copy. It's Thoth-based, one or two cards have been renamed (XV The Devil --> Joker, for instance), there are four new cards added to the usual complement of 78, and the deck is larger than standard size. I'm not at home with my collection, but from memory, I'm pretty sure these cards are significantly larger than, say, any Lo Scarabeo deck I own, they're close in size to the giant-sized Thoth I have, and I believe they're slightly smaller than my giant RWS...if that helps anyone. I'm attaching a pic of a few of the Majors that I just took myself, and you can learn more about it at their website

Attachments

• Awakening Aeon Tarot sampler.jpg
    Awakening Aeon Tarot sampler.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 619

desertrat

Thank you for posting this. I am tempted...

frac_ture

Thanks for looking, desertrat. I went to a dinner event at the co-creators' ranch as part of the conference, and they have some of the original works on display. The pieces were all originally done as painting-sized works and then reproduced all shrunken down to card-size to make the decks. A couple of my favorites from the deck -- The Universe and The Tower -- were featured, and it was really cool to see them in their original form so up close and personal, and sort of super-sized. They're also done collage-style to some extent, and the originals have all this great texture and layering of materials. The deck has been fun and interesting to work with so far, too, and people seem to be responding pretty positively to the imagery and the readings...

Nemia

(I hope there is no newer thread about this deck that I didn't find! Mods, I apologize, I didn't find anything "fresher"... )

I was not aware of this deck but saw a picture on Tumblr. This deck looks interesting - does anyone work with it on a regular basis? Oh I wish Benebell Wen would write a review of this tarot - her reviews are wonderful, and she is an expert on the meeting of Eastern and Western esoteric traditions.

I like the art very much - mixed media and great colour schemes. The card interpretations given on the site are so general and "spiritual" that they sound a bit wishy-washy for my ears - look here:

Pursue a better understanding of yourself through compassionate consideration of all living beings.

for the 2 of Cups. Well, I personally think compassionate consideration of ALL living beings is a tall order, and to pursue them only in order to pursue a better understanding of oneself is a bit selfish, isn't it? I'd interpret this card more traditionally, I guess, taking into account both the Venus and the Cancer aspect.

The image itself doesn't convey lofty concepts like "compassionate consideration of all living beings" - and I like that. It's just two cups in a mysterious textured and coloured surroundig. That invites intuitive reading.

So while the texts don't impress me, the cards definitely do so.

I'd love to hear what people say who have worked with this deck consistently!