What is the best crystal for an empath?

Labhraín

What is the best crystal for an empath? If you could choose only one, what would that crystal or stone be? If you narrowed down your choices to the top crystal, which one do you reach for the most?

danieljuk

well what function do you want it to do? protect you? shut off negative energies? boost your empathy and / or intuition?

for me personally it's Labradorite (as recommended to me by the wonderful Lotus Padma). It protests against negative energy and stops you taking it on. I bought it for that but noticed it's also really helping with a spiritual transformation of my life which is an added bonus really :)

I would like to get some more protective and grounding stones in future.

Onion Budgie

If I were an empath, then I would most probably choose tiger iron. It holds grounding and protection from the hematite and tiger eye, and healing oompah from the jasper. Three in one!

Labhraín

Labradorite and Tiger Eye....

well what function do you want it to do? protect you? shut off negative energies? boost your empathy and / or intuition?

for me personally it's Labradorite (as recommended to me by the wonderful Lotus Padma). It protests against negative energy and stops you taking it on. I bought it for that but noticed it's also really helping with a spiritual transformation of my life which is an added bonus really :)

I would like to get some more protective and grounding stones in future.

I want it to protect me, from myself getting emotionally overloaded as well as from all of the emotional stuff coming at you from other people: something to wrangle emotions internally and externally protect so that how I am emotionally feeling does not link up with the environment.

If I were an empath, then I would most probably choose tiger iron. It holds grounding and protection from the hematite and tiger eye, and healing oompah from the jasper. Three in one!

Tiger Iron....I never considered that one. I'm going to go and look it up right now.

PrincessPaulina

I second the Labradorite, and I love each of the 3 separate stones contained in Tiger Iron!

Some others to consider:
- Amethyst, helps with intuition and has such a zen, calming vibe
- Aquamarine, for me it really sharpens perception (seeing to the core of an issue) & heightens analytical expression (to better express what I see).
- Flourite, the gorgeous multicolored/ banded type is great, I find, for meditation, pathworking & healing/energy work.
http://pinterest.com/pin/400468591836839283/
I have a polished Flourite wand with natural Green, Violet & Golden bands -- lovely color combo, symbolically :)
-Aventurine, it is common and inexpensive, but I just love the heightened sense of Synchronicity it seems to bring whenever I wear it!
-Kyanite, especially the black kind (which is also called Witches Broom, what a cute name, and it does resemble one!) -- it is self-cleaning, protecting AND helps with meditation, remembering dreams, pathworking, etc.

Curious what you decide, have fun looking! :)

Labhraín

Wow, lots of choices!

I second the Labradorite, and I love each of the 3 separate stones contained in Tiger Iron!

Some others to consider:
- Amethyst, helps with intuition and has such a zen, calming vibe
- Aquamarine, for me it really sharpens perception (seeing to the core of an issue) & heightens analytical expression (to better express what I see).
- Flourite, the gorgeous multicolored/ banded type is great, I find, for meditation, pathworking & healing/energy work.
http://pinterest.com/pin/400468591836839283/
I have a polished Flourite wand with natural Green, Violet & Golden bands -- lovely color combo, symbolically :)
-Aventurine, it is common and inexpensive, but I just love the heightened sense of Synchronicity it seems to bring whenever I wear it!
-Kyanite, especially the black kind (which is also called Witches Broom, what a cute name, and it does resemble one!) -- it is self-cleaning, protecting AND helps with meditation, remembering dreams, pathworking, etc.

Curious what you decide, have fun looking! :)

Yes, fun it shall be! :) My goodness, I have a lot of choices here! I just had a look at tiger iron and while I know of and/or have the other stones just mentioned, I'll look at them again and reread their descriptions to see which one would be the best one to keep around all the time. I have all of the others in one form or another but I don't have any Labradorite.

Apollonia

Nuummite works the best for me. I've also used Prehnite, rutilated quartz, and tourmalinated quartz, with good effects.

(But having said that, all the crystals in the world won't make much of a difference for an empath if they don't also do the proper energetic work to ground, clear and shield themselves on a regular basis.)

Labhraín

Nuummite works the best for me. I've also used Prehnite, rutilated quartz, and tourmalinated quartz, with good effects.

(But having said that, all the crystals in the world won't make much of a difference for an empath if they don't also do the proper energetic work to ground, clear and shield themselves on a regular basis.)

Apollonia, could you PM me with info on how to do that? I don't want to take the thread too far off topic.

Labhraín

I had a look at Tiger Iron - not too crazy about that one. I don't have any nuumite either, but I'll have a look at it. I do have a small black tourmaline - would that be too much or should I just use that? I still have to have a look at the other suggestions, too.

UPDATE: Reconsidering Tiger Iron.

Labhraín

Still looking...

I still haven't settled on a stone yet. So far we have:

Labradorite
Tiger Iron
Amethyst
Aquamarine
Fluorite
Aventurine
Kyanite
Nuumite