What is the best crystal for an empath?

celticnoodle

What is the best crystal for an empath? If you could choose only one, what would that crystal or stone be? If you narrowed down your choices to the top crystal, which one do you reach for the most?

I love the rose quartz. it is a gentle, feel good crystal. It helps me to calm down when I get anxious. It relieves any heart ache that I am feeling and gives a real sense of peace. Its also a fantastic stone to have near by me when I am having problems sleeping.

Jet is another crystal that I'd recommend. Its a great stone of protection - especially against psychic vampires. It absorbs those negative energies and I was told that it is an important crystal to have in a medicine bag. (Not that I have one--yet anyway!). It also can be cleansing for other crystals that are set beside the jet crystal. I often will carry jet and the rose quartz with me whenever I know I am going to be in a situation that may be uncomfortable for me.

Then, also a Black Tourmaline. This is a fantastic grounding crystal and also repels negativity. Its especially good to carry on you, if you are an empath.

starsofnorth

Black obsidian. Shields you from others' negative vibes. Feels calming, too.

AnneBoleyn

What is the best crystal for an empath? If you could choose only one, what would that crystal or stone be? If you narrowed down your choices to the top crystal, which one do you reach for the most?

If I could only choose one... I'd go with amethyst. I have a strong, personal connection to it and that stone is my everything. It heightens my awareness, it shields me from negative energy, it connects me to a place of peace and cleansing, it connects me to a place of protection... That stone is my anchor in almost everything spiritual, metaphysical, and physical.

If I could break the rules, I'd say my one-two punch is amethyst and opal. That's the combination that is the spinach to my Popeye.

All of that being said...

I have kind of a network of stones that I use for this, not just a single stone. And the stones aren't chosen for their type, they're chosen for my relationship and connection to that individual stone. What works for one may not work for everybody.

La Hierbera

For many years, I have been empathic to the point of feeling sick and depleted after spending time around other people. Even a quick trip to the grocery store can leave me crushed, depending on what I pick up on. Then one day I received instructions in a dream, to create a pendant of a black tourmaline (point down) with an amethyst flush on top (point up) held together as one unit with wire.

I first used whatever stones I could find locally (they were quite large and rough) and it worked incredibly well. I was still able to pick up on the negativity around me, but without internalizing it and being adversely affected.

I have since made another with a finer Brazilian black tourmaline and Veracruz amethyst, which I find better suited when working with people for healing work, performing limpias etc.

Harmony Rose

Black tourmaline, for sure, if I could only have one. Amethyst would be the second I'd choose-but they are both crucial, for me.

Labhraín

If I could only choose one... I'd go with amethyst. I have a strong, personal connection to it and that stone is my everything. It heightens my awareness, it shields me from negative energy, it connects me to a place of peace and cleansing, it connects me to a place of protection... That stone is my anchor in almost everything spiritual, metaphysical, and physical.

If I could break the rules, I'd say my one-two punch is amethyst and opal. That's the combination that is the spinach to my Popeye.

All of that being said...

I have kind of a network of stones that I use for this, not just a single stone. And the stones aren't chosen for their type, they're chosen for my relationship and connection to that individual stone. What works for one may not work for everybody.[/QUOTE

Spinach to my Popeye - love that! Thank you for your response. :)

Michael Sternbach

Dumortierite is a stone that the third eye resonates with and that enhances psychic perception.

Padma

I would personally use three - either as pocket stones, or jewelry - I would use black tourmaline or smoky topaz for grounding and protection, Labradorite with heavy green and blue flashes for spirituality and for verbal expression, and then something light and clear for energy and for good cheer :) maybe a very pale citrine, for joy and abundance, or some peridot, for upper heart chakra (compassion).

Dan, so glad you like your Labradorite, and that it resonated for you! :) It's a lovely stone - I think everyone should be issued a piece at birth!

ETA: A nice lighter stone to wear also is green amethyst (Prasiolite) - it lends gentleness and compassion and clarity, it is calming and cheering, and has the stronger aspects of amethyst (purple) present in a more watery, thinned down version....I prefer the green over the purple, but that is a personal choice! ;) I like prehnite as well, and it works superbly with pink stones (it then has both upper and lower heart chakras covered!)

celticnoodle

For many years, I have been empathic to the point of feeling sick and depleted after spending time around other people. Even a quick trip to the grocery store can leave me crushed, depending on what I pick up on. Then one day I received instructions in a dream, to create a pendant of a black tourmaline (point down) with an amethyst flush on top (point up) held together as one unit with wire.

I first used whatever stones I could find locally (they were quite large and rough) and it worked incredibly well. I was still able to pick up on the negativity around me, but without internalizing it and being adversely affected.

I have since made another with a finer Brazilian black tourmaline and Veracruz amethyst, which I find better suited when working with people for healing work, performing limpias etc.
yes, unfortunately being around some people can make one feel ill after awhile. I do like that you were given instructions in your dream and like the two stones you put together. Very interesting!

Spinach to my Popeye - love that! Thank you for your response. :)

:laugh: I like that too! :thumbsup: