Tarot of the Spirit

Farzon

This is one of my favorite decks! It feels very positive and spiritual. I didn't like it at first when I found it on Aeclectic, though. Just like most of my favorite decks [emoji1]

Yes it comes with a LWB. It contains short excerpts from the book about the cards.

The book is worthwhile, I think. The Love and Peace Vibes, LeFanu is talking about are a bit distracting bit I found the positive approach to the theme very uplifting and thought provoking. If you are afraid of some cards, this book will surely help [emoji1] .

I've never been to a study group before, but I'll be interested for sure!

earthair

The book has arrived... before the deck. Happy reading afternoon in the sunshine for me :)

AJ

If you are familiar with Thoth deck, having the Tarot of the Spirit book isn't critical.

That said, I added a random page scan to this post
http://quirkeries.blogspot.com/2014/08/mortality.html since I'm not a subscriber and can't attach images here.

As you can see from the scan the cards all have nearly three pages of information. But the key information for divination is a short section with the image of the card. The rest is bonus or dross depending on personal opinion.

earthair

If you are familiar with Thoth deck, having the Tarot of the Spirit book isn't critical.

That said, I added a random page scan to this post
http://quirkeries.blogspot.com/2014/08/mortality.html since I'm not a subscriber and can't attach images here.

As you can see from the scan the cards all have nearly three pages of information. But the key information for divination is a short section with the image of the card. The rest is bonus or dross depending on personal opinion.

Thank you so much for posting this! I turned to page 199 in my book to have a closer look...and it wasn't there!! No page 199.
:bugeyed:
In fact if you hadn't posted the link, I wouldn't have spotted that my book is missing a whole chunk of pages until it was too late to return it.
My copy goes up to page 174, then skips to 207-238 then goes back to 207 again (!!) then forward to 425. :D

Le Fanu

And that short text that AJ refers to is what is in the LWB divinatory meanings. Well, mostly that. A few word changes but mostly the wording is exactly the same.

Bad luck about the book. Mine was fine. Must have been a specific print run. Get it returned, quick!

AJ

that random page is actually where the spine is cracked but I don't have any missing pages
Definitely contact the publisher.

earthair

For anyone else who may order it- the one I have with missing pages is 1992 edition even though Amazon lists it as 'June 1991'. It's also only got 430 pages (incl blanks) at the end, whereas Amazon say 448.

Some very good stuff in this book though.
The picture of the resurrection card unfortunately looks like 2 people trying hard not to get too close to a guy's bum, this might be de-enabler for me :( Please can someone reassure me it's not that bad?!

Farzon

It's not bad at all. As I said, it's one of my favorite decks!

earthair

Initial thoughts on the deck, I really do not like the imagery of the Fire suit. I'm surprised by the choice of 6 pointed stars within circles, which is so near to discs and negates the energy of fire. The words seem to be a curious hybrid of Thoth and RWS.

But the good news for people ordering on Amazon.co.uk is that despite advertising the old original edition, I was sent the 2011 reprint. :)