Where does this calendar sheet come from?

tarotbear

This is exciting! :thumbsup:

If memory serves me correctly, the Llewellyn Calendar was about the size of my laptop, so the page would be 16" wide x 10" deep and a complete, open calendar would have been 16" x 20" or so ....

PathWalker

Google on scan doesn't help.

gregory

This is exciting! :thumbsup:

If memory serves me correctly, the Llewellyn Calendar was about the size of my laptop, so the page would be 16" wide x 10" deep and a complete, open calendar would have been 16" x 20" or so ....
This doesn't look like calendar stuff to me, TB. Standard letter size - too much of a coincidence that a calendar page would have been cut down to exactly that size, too... And it doesn't READ like Llewellyn. Though the spelling IS US.

It's an unusual font in the header...

PathWalker

It says it's a calendar, or that the cards accompany a calendar (see first post) - but not a modern shining on, sure.

gregory

Oh oops - fair cop. I will try THAT info in google....

OK - Maybe one from Arnell's series ? They were letter sized.

But that font comes over as VERY old-fashioned, somehow. Where are the holes ? Spiral bound or punched, like ?

PathWalker

One hole, dead centre of long side, above the "r" of reading.
The other edge shows signs of being neatly torn.
The font is one of the Art Nouveau types, but I can't pinpoint which one.

gregory

Crumbs. Cos you wouldn't get a "real" calendar with one hole like that...

PathWalker

Crumbs. Cos you wouldn't get a "real" calendar with one hole like that...

I'm not sure I follow you here. I have calendars with one hole, the page that would have been below it probably had a hole at the bottom as well, but this is just a single page.

This is what it would be like if you ripped a sheet out of the tarot lovers calendar for instance, except that the page is horizontal not vertical, so the pictures hang landscape not portrait.

gregory

I'm not sure I follow you here. I have calendars with one hole, the page that would have been below it probably had a hole at the bottom as well, but this is just a single page.

This is what it would be like if you ripped a sheet out of the tarot lovers calendar for instance, except that the page is horizontal not vertical, so the pictures hang landscape not portrait.
I have had some with a single central hole for hanging, but usually also with other holes - as in a sort of spine of SOME kind. But I see what you mean - could have been one of those stapled in the centre with a hanging hole in each sheet, like.

I think that knocks out Arnell's, then.

PathWalker

Fun though, huh?

:)