Empaths

Ginmore

Hello everyone :)

I'm also an empath. As a child I was very emotional and could pick up on peoples feelings. I can walk in a room and just KNOW how someone feels about me especially if it's in a negative way.

In the last year I met a guy online. He lives about 2 hours away and we've been on and off. It's a little complicated. We have this connection that I can't really explain it's like nothing I've ever felt before. If we go without talking it's like I can still feel what he's feeling. Mostly it's the sad feelings. I know these feelings are from him as I can be perfectly fine and the minute the feeling hits I think about him. Sometimes I'll contact him and can tell he's feeling sad, angry etc.

Has this happened to anyone? I'm used to picking up on people's feelings when we're in the same room or close. It's happened with my family but only the ones I've lived with.

Thanks

JONIKA

Hi Ginmore
I experience it the same way! Very much so like you. You are not alone! And yes, it happens specially with negative emotions, but the positive ones can be felt too - but it seems like the negative ones carry more "weight" and that's why we can feel them so intensely... (just my theory). What else have you experienced ??

Ginmore

Hi Ginmore
I experience it the same way! Very much so like you. You are not alone! And yes, it happens specially with negative emotions, but the positive ones can be felt too - but it seems like the negative ones carry more "weight" and that's why we can feel them so intensely... (just my theory). What else have you experienced ??

Hi Jonika!

That does make a lot of sense. I do get those happy feelings and know it's from him as well. I guess the negative ones do carry more "weight"

In November, for my birthday I did go with him to NYC for 3 days and we stayed in Times Square. It was AWFUL. I was a wreck! It was way to crowded. I was moody the whole time. He suffers from PTSD so that was acting up and I was picking up on that too. I was paranoid. I've never felt so bad. I don't think I would stay in Times Square ever again.

One thing that I find interesting is how I know what others are feelings. Walking into a room I can tell how people are feeling. It's funny because no one else notices these things. At work I just know when someone is being fake. I can tell when someone is pretending to like me. It still gets to me but not as much as it did in high school. :)

I've had a lot of upper back pain lately. I work in a office setting and the woman that sits behind me suffers from back pain. Has anyone had this experience? Picking up on other peoples physical ailments. I feel like it's coming from her because if I'm off from work for a few days it seems to feel better.

celticnoodle

In the last year I met a guy online. He lives about 2 hours away and we've been on and off. It's a little complicated. We have this connection that I can't really explain it's like nothing I've ever felt before. If we go without talking it's like I can still feel what he's feeling. Mostly it's the sad feelings. I know these feelings are from him as I can be perfectly fine and the minute the feeling hits I think about him. Sometimes I'll contact him and can tell he's feeling sad, angry etc.

Has this happened to anyone? I'm used to picking up on people's feelings when we're in the same room or close. It's happened with my family but only the ones I've lived with.

Thanks
oh yes, lots of times. It seems to be more finely tuned with people I am close to or have a direct connection to, but it can also happen to me with total strangers. I can sit next to someone--in a restaurant or at the drs. office for example, and KNOW what is wrong with them-because I will begin to feel it myself. Or what is also right with them, and I may also get pictures in my head or taste something in my mouth. If the person next to me is newly engaged, I might see a ring in my mind, that sort of thing. I have often sat next to people and could 'taste' the medicine they were taking. One man that I read the tarot for, I felt his pain in a joint, and tasted the medicine he was on and even saw the name of the medicine in my mind. He nearly fell out of his chair when I told him all this. :laugh: The hard part of it all is that sometimes its difficult to know if you are feeling someone elses pain or if the pain is yours alone.

Hi Ginmore

Yes, negative emotions are very dense and heavy--so you do feel them intensely. Its also why psychic vampires are so difficult to be around. They can literally be so difficult for you to be near, that you literally cannot breathe. I have asthma, but when I am around 'difficult' people it does get worse for me.

I've had a lot of upper back pain lately. I work in a office setting and the woman that sits behind me suffers from back pain. Has anyone had this experience? Picking up on other peoples physical ailments. I feel like it's coming from her because if I'm off from work for a few days it seems to feel better.
most likely is due to the woman you sit near.

Now, do you know if you fit any of the other descriptions in that list of 30 traits that Daniel provided the link to? Do you also crave food or drink after an episode of this, like Ana Luisa mentioned and I also asked (previous page)? Sometimes, I will crave a food or drink that I don't normally partake of--only to make me wonder if the person I was picking up on preferred that. I know this happens to me often when I bring through a spirit in my medium readings--where I begin to crave the food/drink that spirit loved. It can be very weird all of this. :laugh:

That list Daniel shared with us really was an eye opener. Some of what was on the list, I could readily say is linked to the empathy, but I was surprised to read the back pains, digestive issues and IBS, as being a sign of empathy. I do have back issues--lower back pain, especially and I do have IBS. Though I can't say I have it solely due to being an empathy--as I do have other medical conditions that cause this too.

though the part about antiques is not true for me. I love antiques and buy them frequently. Heck, we live in a very 'antique' home too. :laugh: it was built in the 1790s, though truthfully, I don't care much for the house & can't wait to sell it and live full time in our other home--which happens to be almost brand new. (built in this century!) :D

Ginmore

:)
oh yes, lots of times. It seems to be more finely tuned with people I am close to or have a direct connection to, but it can also happen to me with total strangers. I can sit next to someone--in a restaurant or at the drs. office for example, and KNOW what is wrong with them-because I will begin to feel it myself. Or what is also right with them, and I may also get pictures in my head or taste something in my mouth. If the person next to me is newly engaged, I might see a ring in my mind, that sort of thing. I have often sat next to people and could 'taste' the medicine they were taking. One man that I read the tarot for, I felt his pain in a joint, and tasted the medicine he was on and even saw the name of the medicine in my mind. He nearly fell out of his chair when I told him all this. :laugh: The hard part of it all is that sometimes its difficult to know if you are feeling someone elses pain or if the pain is yours alone.

Interesting. I have been in two long term relationships and never experienced this. I guess the connection is deeper with the guy. :bugeyed: haha it does feel that way or maybe he's just more emotional :) I have had a lot of vivid dreams with him and a child so I think I've known him in a past life but that's a whole different story.

It is very difficult to tell what is mine and what is someone else's pain/emotions. I'm glad I found this forum since I don't know any other empaths.

Yes, negative emotions are very dense and heavy--so you do feel them intensely. Its also why psychic vampires are so difficult to be around. They can literally be so difficult for you to be near, that you literally cannot breathe. I have asthma, but when I am around 'difficult' people it does get worse for me.

I've read about psychic vampires and I think a former friend was one. I felt awful just talking to her. She is a very negative person. I've had to distance myself from her.

most likely is due to the woman you sit near.

Now, do you know if you fit any of the other descriptions in that list of 30 traits that Daniel provided the link to? Do you also crave food or drink after an episode of this, like Ana Luisa mentioned and I also asked (previous page)? Sometimes, I will crave a food or drink that I don't normally partake of--only to make me wonder if the person I was picking up on preferred that. I know this happens to me often when I bring through a spirit in my medium readings--where I begin to crave the food/drink that spirit loved. It can be very weird all of this. :laugh:

That list Daniel shared with us really was an eye opener. Some of what was on the list, I could readily say is linked to the empathy, but I was surprised to read the back pains, digestive issues and IBS, as being a sign of empathy. I do have back issues--lower back pain, especially and I do have IBS. Though I can't say I have it solely due to being an empathy--as I do have other medical conditions that cause this too.

though the part about antiques is not true for me. I love antiques and buy them frequently. Heck, we live in a very 'antique' home too. :laugh: it was built in the 1790s, though truthfully, I don't care much for the house & can't wait to sell it and live full time in our other home--which happens to be almost brand new. (built in this century!) :D

I haven't had a chance to look at the list! I will look at it tonight once I am home. I have read things on other websites while doing research. I do get the weird cravings. When my friends/family members are pregnant I have those pregnancy feelings. The only pains I've had are the back pains which I do think are tied to the woman at work and possibly my older sister.

I do agree with you I don't have those antiques problem. I haven't had any problems with anything like that and I actually love vintage items. :)

As far as spirit goes I don't have much experience as I get scared and seem to close off whatever is happening. I've had very vivid dreams where I am unable to move and it feels like someone is touching me followed by a very strong smell of roses but I tend to freak out and ask for it to stop. Do all empaths have this connection with spirit? clairvoyance?

As you can tell I'm still learning :confused: sorry if my questions are silly.

celticnoodle

:) As far as spirit goes I don't have much experience as I get scared and seem to close off whatever is happening. I've had very vivid dreams where I am unable to move and it feels like someone is touching me followed by a very strong smell of roses but I tend to freak out and ask for it to stop. Do all empaths have this connection with spirit? clairvoyance?

As you can tell I'm still learning :confused: sorry if my questions are silly.

no, your questions are not silly.

I'm not sure if all empaths are able to have a connection with spirit. interesting question, actually!

So, how about it all you empaths out there? Do you have a connection with spirits in anyway? Not just clairvoyantly, but clairaudiently perhaps? or any other way. Do share!

EarthAngel2911

I don't know if I'm an actual empath (though I could identify with many items on that list of 30), but I can say with complete certainty that I am "sensitive."

Large crowds are very draining for me and certain stores I can't even go in... so much negative energy that I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin if I don't get out. (Costco comes to mind. Too bad! :) ) And when I *am* in crowds, I find I have to lay down in my room without any company (including husband and kids) so I can "recharge."

I used to feel so overwhelmed by people around me... just feeling their "stuff" that I would have panic attacks. Finally after I checked myself into the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack, my doctor put me on anti-anxiety medicine. I honestly don't want to be on it, but every time I try to wean myself off, something happens that throws me back. :-(

I think I may try again in a couple of months though. The medicine definitely numbs the outside emotions, which I appreciate, but it also numbs my own, which I DON'T like because I feel too cut off from Spirit.

Something I always found interesting... (and someone tell me if they experience this too), when reading posts on forums like this one (actually, it happens most with Aeclectic), I can feel the energies of the person posting, almost as if I know when they're being serious, snarky, happy, upset, etc. It's weird, but I like it. And if there's a person's energy that doesn't sit well with me, I just don't read the post. Easy peasy. No psychic drain. :)

EarthAngel2911

Do you have a connection with spirits in anyway? Not just clairvoyantly, but clairaudiently perhaps? or any other way. Do share!

I have always had a strong connection to Spirit (at least until I went on anti-anxiety meds. See post above. :) ) Unfortunately I'm not clairvoyant, though I have heard voices before. (And no, I don't have multi-personality disorder. ;-) )

I have felt a physical presence before, like a weight on my shoulder (or over it), or a general pressure like arms wrapped around me, or an overwhelming feeling of peace.

I've also smelled scents before that nobody else can smell. My family just looks at me like I'm nuts and tells me I have the nose of a bloodhound, but now I wonder. ;-)

Ginmore

I don't know if I'm an actual empath (though I could identify with many items on that list of 30), but I can say with complete certainty that I am "sensitive."

Large crowds are very draining for me and certain stores I can't even go in... so much negative energy that I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin if I don't get out. (Costco comes to mind. Too bad! :) ) And when I *am* in crowds, I find I have to lay down in my room without any company (including husband and kids) so I can "recharge."

I used to feel so overwhelmed by people around me... just feeling their "stuff" that I would have panic attacks. Finally after I checked myself into the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack, my doctor put me on anti-anxiety medicine. I honestly don't want to be on it, but every time I try to wean myself off, something happens that throws me back. :-(

I think I may try again in a couple of months though. The medicine definitely numbs the outside emotions, which I appreciate, but it also numbs my own, which I DON'T like because I feel too cut off from Spirit.

Something I always found interesting... (and someone tell me if they experience this too), when reading posts on forums like this one (actually, it happens most with Aeclectic), I can feel the energies of the person posting, almost as if I know when they're being serious, snarky, happy, upset, etc. It's weird, but I like it. And if there's a person's energy that doesn't sit well with me, I just don't read the post. Easy peasy. No psychic drain. :)

It sounds like you're an empath! :)

It's funny that you say say panic attacks/anxiety. Until a year ago I was a very anxious person. I thought whatever was going on with me was anxiety or panic attacks. I never took medication but I avoided going out. I was always told I was "too sensitive". To this day my friends sometimes tell me I'm just too sensitive. For me, I started to get my feelings and emotions under control as I grew spiritually. This past year my emotions have been much more manageable. I feel overall much calmer.

I can also feel energy of posts of forums. Not all but mostly the negative ones.

Ginmore

I have always had a strong connection to Spirit (at least until I went on anti-anxiety meds. See post above. :) ) Unfortunately I'm not clairvoyant, though I have heard voices before. (And no, I don't have multi-personality disorder. ;-) )

I have felt a physical presence before, like a weight on my shoulder (or over it), or a general pressure like arms wrapped around me, or an overwhelming feeling of peace.

I've also smelled scents before that nobody else can smell. My family just looks at me like I'm nuts and tells me I have the nose of a bloodhound, but now I wonder. ;-)

:) I've never really heard the voices at least I don't think I have. The voices I've heard are my own thoughts.

I often feel like something is behind me or around me and if I'm sad it feels like someone is hugging me. I believe these are my angels and guides :) until I knew about Angels this would scare me but now I find it comforting.

The smells for me have mostly been a very powerful smell of roses or other flowers. My family says the same thing! :joke: