Ring Cycle Tarot - Wagner's Ring, Arthur Rackham, everything-I-Love Tarot due for rel

Wendywu

WANT!!!!!!!!!! Wow, wonderful! I love the Rackham prints from the Ring; nearly bought a set the other day for the office but ran out of money. And the Ring cycle itself - just bliss :)

Oh please don't let it be on thick chunks of plastic *insert begging smiley*

ETA - I have pre-ordered from Amazon UK :)

gregory

Me too. I wish someone would also use his fairytale images :)

Le Fanu

Wagner's Ring, Arthur Rackham, everything-I-Love Tarot due for release

A few years ago I wrote a blog post review of a deck of playing cards published by Prospero which was illustrated with Rackham's illustrations from The Ring. The images were eerily cartomantic. As a playing card deck it reads very well. These two themes are heavenly for me.

samantha

Thanks for the link Le Fanu ! I've just pre ordered too :) I love Rackham and my SO plays Wagner a lot, so now well acquainted with The Ring ....

Le Fanu

My first acquaintanceship with the Ring was a boxed set of vinyl LPs borrowed from the local library. I worked through the whole cycle from Das Rhinegold to Götterdämmerung one summer whilst reading about King Ludwig. The booklets / libretto contained the Rackham illustrations so Im quite familiar with them.

I am truly excited about this release. I'm sure they'll be glossy as Schiffer cards always are but this - to date - is the release I am most excited about for 2015. (Sorry Lo Scarabeo, you have been upstaged...)

Wendywu

They are my favourite operas! Of the recordings I have, the most listened to are the 1966/67 Bayreuth Festival recordings, conducted by Bohm with Birgit Nilsson singing Brunnhilde.

The Rackham prints are so evocative! They aren't even that expensive but I ran totally out of money - I must try and make sure I get the ones I like best this year.

And this deck - even if it's credit cards I can scan it and put it on my phone and it will be just wonderful :) And if it has decent card stock - then it will be incredibly special!

truelighth

When I read this topic, I thought.. wait a minute, I already have the Wagner's Ring Tarot...:confused: So looked it up in my database and indeed, I have the pre-published edition of 23 trumps from the Wagner's Ring Tarot that the author made in 2009. Now I am looking forward to buying the full deck :)

Padma

Thank you, Le Fanu :) It's on my Amazon pre-order list. I love Rackham!

Rhinemaiden

Le Fanu, you're playing my song! ;) Thanks for the heads up on this deck! (I have the Prospero playing card deck)