Energies around Peridot ?

samantha

I bought myself a necklace a few days ago. I'm hoping that the stone has not been tampered with (dyed ? Heated ?) as the colour is lovely ..... But that aside, what are the qualities or energies you associate with Peridot ? I know I could do an on line search, but I'd rather hear about your own experiences ! :)

starsofnorth

I am currently using peridot/olivine for happiness, joy, to help understand my Destiny, and perhaps money and prosperity. Olivine is the geological name. I read there is protection aspect as well (against the evil eye). For me, it's best used with other gemstones. I am surprised no one else answered your question.

AnneBoleyn

Peridot, in my experience, is a happy gem. It is great for depression and mood/even temper and for pessimists or people who have generally "glass half empty" viewpoints may either find it the most reassuring stone in the world, or it may irritate the snot out of them. I deal with a depressive mood disorder, when I'm happy that stone is great, but if I'm in a mood valley, I simply can't deal with Peridot. I don't even want to see it. It tends to not delve into deep emotion imbalance due to things like a mental disorder like other stones can. The best way I can explain it is Peridot is like the person who says "Smile! It isn't as bad as it looks! Smiling will make you feel better!" Sometimes you hear that and you're like "yeah, I do feel pretty good!" and other times you just don't want to hear it.

Since Peridot has so much iron in it, it is great for healing blood disorders or a amulet for surgery where blood loss can be a concern. It's a great, awesome, maybe one of the best (in my experience) gems out there for heart issues, physical and emotional (remembering the warning above). It's great on a necklace for people with heart disease. Of you want 100% anecdotal uses, I find it great for pain relief.

On a psychic level, it enhances empathy and emotional compassion, so that makes it great for introspective meditation or relaxation. I think as a byproduct of that, it is a good protection stone as it encourages peace and putting yourself in other's shoes, but I don't use it as a protective stone on it's own. Same with prosperity concerns... I've never used it for that but that's not to say it wouldn't do well.

I hope that helps!

Padma

I find it is a great pick-me-up stone. Impossible to negative while wearing it! If you wear it with citrine, that positive effect is doubled. I also like wearing it with blue topaz, it tends to open the mind/heart/throat chakras nicely.

:)

I love the stone! Just started to wear it about 6 months ago, and never looking back!

Briar Rose

PERIDOT Paradise: http://youtu.be/HkzcLIuwqKw

I just love Hibiscus Moon's short chat on Peridot. Everyne already mentioned what it is good for, but in the short video she shares some other interesting geo facts.

It's my birthstone, and I love it. I love the thread.

samantha

I am currently using peridot/olivine for happiness, joy, to help understand my Destiny, and perhaps money and prosperity. Olivine is the geological name. I read there is protection aspect as well (against the evil eye). For me, it's best used with other gemstones. I am surprised no one else answered your question.

Which stones are you using it in conjunction with ?

So, do you consider it, in part, a *mood enhancer* (and positive ones ) ?

samantha

Peridot, in my experience, is a happy gem. It is great for depression and mood/even temper and for pessimists or people who have generally "glass half empty" viewpoints may either find it the most reassuring stone in the world, or it may irritate the snot out of them. I deal with a depressive mood disorder, when I'm happy that stone is great, but if I'm in a mood valley, I simply can't deal with Peridot. I don't even want to see it. It tends to not delve into deep emotion imbalance due to things like a mental disorder like other stones can. The best way I can explain it is Peridot is like the person who says "Smile! It isn't as bad as it looks! Smiling will make you feel better!" Sometimes you hear that and you're like "yeah, I do feel pretty good!" and other times you just don't want to hear it.

Since Peridot has so much iron in it, it is great for healing blood disorders or a amulet for surgery where blood loss can be a concern. It's a great, awesome, maybe one of the best (in my experience) gems out there for heart issues, physical and emotional (remembering the warning above). It's great on a necklace for people with heart disease. Of you want 100% anecdotal uses, I find it great for pain relief.

On a psychic level, it enhances empathy and emotional compassion, so that makes it great for introspective meditation or relaxation. I think as a byproduct of that, it is a good protection stone as it encourages peace and putting yourself in other's shoes, but I don't use it as a protective stone on it's own. Same with prosperity concerns... I've never used it for that but that's not to say it wouldn't do well.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing your experiences :) I think you have just answered my question of above !

I had no idea it contained iron ......

Interesting that you find it a relaxing stone, I was also attracted to it because of its *serenity* :)

samantha

I find it is a great pick-me-up stone. Impossible to negative while wearing it! If you wear it with citrine, that positive effect is doubled. I also like wearing it with blue topaz, it tends to open the mind/heart/throat chakras nicely.

:)

I love the stone! Just started to wear it about 6 months ago, and never looking back!

Ok, another tick as a mood enhancer then :) I agree, it has a very good vibe for me too . Another site mentioned the throat chakra - so a good match for my pendant :) :) :)

samantha

PERIDOT Paradise: http://youtu.be/HkzcLIuwqKw

I just love Hibiscus Moon's short chat on Peridot. Everyne already mentioned what it is good for, but in the short video she shares some other interesting geo facts.

It's my birthstone, and I love it. I love the thread.

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

I am really taken with the colour of mine - makes me want to put it into my mouth actually (!! Quite salivating !) though I will refrain .... Maybe this links to the throat chakra again ?

jillkite

Cleansing and detox, especially kidneys, liver and lungs (associated with fear, anger and grief in Chinese medicine respectively).

A beautiful powerful stone! Lucky you :)