Divination Methods- Your favorite?

GotH

As you will find below, there are so many interesting ways to practice the art of divination. I think it's amazing that one could use an onion or an apple to see what may come into play futuristically and yes, I've enjoyed trying out some of the following in the past.

Here's a list I copied from the internet. I'm sure there are more that are out there such as Radiomancy which isn't listed here but from this alone, it seems the art of divination can be endless.

Which is your favorite to practice and which one would you love to learn how to do?

• Ailuromancy reading omens involving cats
  • Arachnomancy reading omens involving spiders
  • Astragalomancy divination using two dice or astragals (sheep ankle-bones)
  • Astrology exploring the effect of the sun, moon, and eight of the planets upon the earth and its inhabitants
  • Cartomancy divination using standard cards
  • Catoptromancy reading images in a mirror
  • Ceromancy interpreting symbols from melted wax dripped into cold water
  • Clairaudience literally "clear hearing"; divination by hearing the future
  • Clairvoyance literally "clear vision", analyzing waking visions using ESP
  • Cleidomancy divination using a suspended key
  • Coffee Grounds an agent for divination, like tea leaves
  • Cromniomancy using onions for divination
  • Crystallomancy divination using a crystal ball
  • Dactylomancy divination using a suspended ring
  • Dice an agent of divination, usually in the form of plastic cubes
  • Dominoes an agent of divination, usually small, oblong-shaped pieces of wood or plastic
  • Dowsing using a stick, rod, or pendulum to locate something hidden or buried
  • Geomancy interpreting patterns in the earth, usually sand, dust or soil
  • Hippomancy reading omens involving horses
  • Itches an agent of divination by omens
  • Knives/Scissors agents of omen divination
  • Lampadomancy interpreting omens using oil lamps or torch flames
  • Lithomancy interpreting omens using precious stones and candles
  • Lychnomancy interpreting omens from flames of three wax candles
  • Metagnomy divination by sights of future events when seen in a hypnotic trance
  • Molybdomancy interpreting symbols from dripping molten lead into cold water
  • Numerology divination or character analysis using numbers relating to personal events or names
  • Omens signs from events, or occurrences of coming misfortune or good luck
  • Oneiromancy interpretation of dreams
  • Oriental Astrology a form of astrology based on a 12-year animal cycle
  • Palmistry divination through studying hands
  • Precognition inner paranormal knowledge of the future
  • Psychometry clairvoyant divination about a specific person through holding object belonging to him/her
  • Radiesthesia divination using a pendulum
  • Runes agents of divination
  • Scrying gazing into a reflective surface
  • Superstitions beliefs that natural, or supernatural phenomena portend future events
  • Tarot divination using cards in a tarot deck
  • Tasseography reading tea leaves

Reverie

Divination

Thanks for opening this!

Obviously my first love was reading tarot cards. More recently thanks to celticnoodle, I have enjoyed crystal ball gazing. I'd like to get one of my own. I also have tried flame gazing and I like it. Also just meditating with my eyes closed usually works too. I've had great results, but I do have to get in the zone for symbols and images to come.

PrincessPaulina

Hello, GoddessOfTheHunter!

I employ quite a few of these, such as Tarot, Crystal Ball, Pendulum, Omens, Dreams, Bibliomancy, Numerology, Astrology, Precognition, and plain old Superstition!
Also, snippets of accidentally overheard conversations ("Eaves-Droppency"? :) )

I think I may have even coined a new one: "Shuffle-mancy".
It requires a large music collection, and a way to shuffle it, so that a random track comes on.
Ask the Question, shuffle, listen carefully to the lyrics of the 1st track played -- the answer is very likely contained within!

GotH

Thanks for opening this!

Obviously my first love was reading tarot cards. More recently thanks to celticnoodle, I have enjoyed crystal ball gazing. I'd like to get one of my own. I also have tried flame gazing and I like it. Also just meditating with my eyes closed usually works too. I've had great results, but I do have to get in the zone for symbols and images to come.

No problem, I think it's really interesting.

Yes, celticnoodle also helped start me along with scrying when I first received my first crystal ball. I absolutely love it and it IS my most favorite way of divination. Even though I feel very secure with tarot, meaning I'll reach for the cards if I need to really understand something but I really do love crystallomancy the best. Now my curiosity is going in other divination forms as well.

Now when you say you enjoy crystal ball gazing is it in pictures or the real thing? I can tell you right now, gazing into a real crystal ball is very different from picture scrying. :)

Good luck in getting a ball soon.. You'll be really amazed when you do!

Reverie

No problem, I think it's really interesting.

Yes, celticnoodle also helped start me along with scrying when I first received my first crystal ball. I absolutely love it and it IS my most favorite way of divination. Even though I feel very secure with tarot, meaning I'll reach for the cards if I need to really understand something but I really do love crystallomancy the best. Now my curiosity is going in other divination forms as well.

Now when you say you enjoy crystal ball gazing is it in pictures or the real thing? I can tell you right now, gazing into a real crystal ball is very different from picture scrying. :)

Good luck in getting a ball soon.. You'll be really amazed when you do!

Awesome! No, I've only looked at celticnoodle's crystal ball pictures. Can't wait to try out the real thing!

Also, like PrincessPaulina, if anything in the external world feels relevant to my reading, I will pull that in too. Sometimes they bring those 'aha' moments.

GotH

Hello, GoddessOfTheHunter!

I employ quite a few of these, such as Tarot, Crystal Ball, Pendulum, Omens, Dreams, Bibliomancy, Numerology, Astrology, Precognition, and plain old Superstition!
Also, snippets of accidentally overheard conversations ("Eaves-Droppency"? :) )

I think I may have even coined a new one: "Shuffle-mancy".
It requires a large music collection, and a way to shuffle it, so that a random track comes on.
Ask the Question, shuffle, listen carefully to the lyrics of the 1st track played -- the answer is very likely contained within!

Hey there my fellow Ball Player! ;)

That's a very cool list you have going there.. I can see how the "Shuffle-mancy" falls under Radiomancy. I've done the conversation snippets under Zayats' Crossroads Divination where you sit at an intersection and just observe. That was quite fun.

I need to try a pendulum. I think that's next in order for me.. :)

Thanks for dropping by PrincessP! :heart:

RedSquirrel

I only use a pendulum and tarot. They are equally favorites, though I've been using tarot for many years, vs being pretty new still with the pendulum. I dabbled in palmestry a long time ago, but never ended up sticking with it. I'm fascinated by the list here, and will likely be curious to try other divination techniques now...

PrincessPaulina

I've done the conversation snippets under Zayats' Crossroads Divination where you sit at an intersection and just observe. That was quite fun
That does sound like fun, did you post your results anywhere, or care to share some highlights?

I need to try a pendulum. I think that's next in order for me.. :)
I'm still getting the hang of the pendulum! Funny, that despite buying several pricey ones with real crystals, my favorite is a cheap little thing I found lying around the house (???). To this day I have no idea where it came from (we do have lots of visitors & guests coming & going).
My point is that the pendulum need not be fancy at all!

GotH

pendulums

I only use a pendulum and tarot. They are equally favorites, though I've been using tarot for many years, vs being pretty new still with the pendulum. I dabbled in palmestry a long time ago, but never ended up sticking with it. I'm fascinated by the list here, and will likely be curious to try other divination techniques now...

Yes, I saw one at the New Age store the other day. I am so tempted to go back and get it!

I got a book on sale awhile back on palmistry but this form just doesn't excite me all that much. I do however remember trying to read palms as a child. I guess the lines just don't speak to me. :)