Divination Methods- Your favorite?

GotH

That does sound like fun, did you post your results anywhere, or care to share some highlights?
I'll see if I can go back and find her threads. Those were very fun and relaxing for me and I think the results weren't bad either. :) I'll try and find it in a bit.

I'm still getting the hang of the pendulum! Funny, that despite buying several pricey ones with real crystals, my favorite is a cheap little thing I found lying around the house (???). To this day I have no idea where it came from (we do have lots of visitors & guests coming & going).
My point is that the pendulum need not be fancy at all!
That's good to know. How hard would it be to make one, any idea?

ETA: Okay here is the most recent one zayats hosted.

Crossroads Divination practice..

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=227803

PrincessPaulina

I really do love crystallomancy the best. Now my curiosity is going in other divination forms as well.

This jumped out at me, because it brought to mind that Halloween spread I did for you in the Reading Exchange -- as I recall, one of my interpretations involved you branching out into new forms of scrying/divination.

At this rate, you seem to be well on your way to just "downloading" info straight to your 3rd Eye! :)
("Instant-Download-amancy"?)

GotH

This jumped out at me, because it brought to mind that Halloween spread I did for you in the Reading Exchange -- as I recall, one of my interpretations involved you branching out into new forms of scrying/divination.

At this rate, you seem to be well on your way to just "downloading" info straight to your 3rd Eye! :)
("Instant-Download-amancy"?)

Wow, you are right! You ARE good at this. :D

<laughing at all the "mancies" you are coming up with!>

Clovergirl

I am most comfortable with the pendulum - I acutally do not even need to hold it anymore - I only do that if I feel very anxious and then close my eyes and talk to it. (I have checked and it does not change the answer - just makes me feel better).

I also think psychometry would be very interesting to experience!

I read the list and I do not think I would want the itches (no scratching here! If I am reading that correctly - LOL).

GotH

I am most comfortable with the pendulum - I acutally do not even need to hold it anymore - I only do that if I feel very anxious and then close my eyes and talk to it. (I have checked and it does not change the answer - just makes me feel better).

I also think psychometry would be very interesting to experience!

I read the list and I do not think I would want the itches (no scratching here! If I am reading that correctly - LOL).

Yep.. You are very talented with that pendulum CG. I remember.

Now as for psychometry, I have had 2 experiences with it only but I wasn't trying. Both times floored the heck out of me! I saw it all very clearly with emotions, sights, sounds and even smells! :bugeyed: Those were truly interesting experiences for sure.

PrincessPaulina

I'll see if I can go back and find her threads. Those were very fun and relaxing for me and I think the results weren't bad either. :) I'll try and find it in a bit.

That's good to know. How hard would it be to make one, any idea?

ETA: Okay here is the most recent one zayats hosted.

Crossroads Divination practice..

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=227803

My friend, an expert Pendulum reader, just ties a piece of string to a ring, in a pinch!
As a novice, I like to have a little bit/piece/bead to hold in my fingers: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420750224.901430.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420750376.700992.jpg

I'm excited to read about your Crossroads Divination :)
It is a pleasure to catch up with you, as always :)

PrincessPaulina

Please elaborate -- do you ask the Question, and have the Pendulum nearby, just not holding it?
Also, in what form does the answer appear -- images, feelings, or other ways?

(I'm fascinated!)

GotH

(I'm fascinated!)
Me too!

I want to know if it's our own subconscious understanding of what is that makes the pendulum move in a certain direction or if it's spirit? :confused:

What do you all think?

PrincessPaulina

In my opinion it is simultaneously both of the things you mentioned (Subconscious & Spirit), combined into some sort of Higher-Self/Super-Consciousness/Collective Spirit type of "source".

I've seen and recorded way too many crazy Tarot synchronicities -- coincidences that were so statistically unlikely and astronomically improbable, that I eventually had no choice but to acknowledge there must be a separate "intelligence" or "Spirit" at work in Tarot divination.
I've come to call whatever this energy is, "the Eternal Witness."

As far as Pendulum skrying, when I was 1st getting used to it I started with exercises to consciously will the pendulum to swing a certain way, which turned out to be super easy!
Next, after I saw how easy it was to will the pendulum, came the ironically more challenging practice of turning my will OFF -- NOT making the Pendulum swing, remaining neutral and unattached to the outcome -- since separating from my ego's desires as much as possible brings more objective & accurate results.

So for me, the real lesson of the Pendulum, as a learning tool, has so far been less about divination per se, and more about learning to recognize (and quickly access) a meditative, open and unattached state.

Padma

I like psychometry, I am really good at reading people's ring, watches etc or even just picking up random thoughts from passers-by (which I will then occasionally tell them, if it is important! :bugeyed: lol!) I can overhear what is bothering people in restaurants etc even if they do not speak.

I like Princess P's eavesdropping technique, I have gotten so many important and true messages that way. :)

GotH, you can even just use a needle on a length of thread for a pendulum. :D