Not Sure ..

Mistteak

I read somewhere about a working that used the tarot cards to help with a binding protection. Have you heard of this? I found it once on Facebook but can not find it again. Now I understand my cards better, I would love to expand my protection of my family with another dimension ..

Chrystella

I don't use tarot for spellcrafting, but I can see that application. A book you might want to check out is Tarot Spells by Janina Renée.

Mistteak

I don't use tarot for spellcrafting, but I can see that application. A book you might want to check out is Tarot Spells by Janina Renée.

Thanks - I don't think I have that one.

Apollonia

I second RiotFemme's suggestion. I use that book quite a bit for spellwork with the cards, and the spells I've done from her book have been effective.

Grizabella

I don't do any of that stuff. There's no bad presence hanging around Tarot decks and the Creator of the universe is much more powerful than any spirits anyway. So I just don't give it a thought.

nisaba

I read somewhere about a working that used the tarot cards to help with a binding protection. Have you heard of this?
You can use any props to help with spellwork, Tarot or non-Tarot. You can use lego or pasta, if you like. Any props, any physical objects you use in spells don't actually do anything, they are merely a focus for your attention. It is the power of a disciplined and concentrated mind that makes spells work, which is why "spellkits for teens" don't work. None of them emphasise that it isn't the coloured candles and the ribbons that do the work, but your MIND.

It takes years of training to develop the kind of mental focus that creates noticeable changes outside of your own head. Start off with a simple training exercise: have a new candle, sit in a closed room, and visualise a spark on the wick, starting to blacken the wick. Have a thermometer handy. If you either create a spark, or the temperature of the room suddenly goes up when the temperature outside the room stays the same, then you have the focus to move onto more elaborate magic, such as that involving others. :)

If you wanted to use a card as a mental linchpin for a binding, may I suggest the Eight Swords?

hrtanuki

If you're interested in using tarot for magic spells you could also check out the book "Portable Magic" by Donald Tyson. It's heavily focused on ceremonial magic but the concept is pretty easily adaptable to most practices. The main idea for the book is 'tarot is the only tool you need.'

Essence of Winter

I read somewhere about a working that used the tarot cards to help with a binding protection. Have you heard of this? I found it once on Facebook but can not find it again. Now I understand my cards better, I would love to expand my protection of my family with another dimension ..

In the '90s, I once stumbled across a site about 'Eldritch Wizardy', which used Tarot cards. I think this is the same content:

http://www.tarotspells.net/eldritch.html

I haven't tried it. The name 'eldritch' seems a misnomer: it is derived from Anglo Saxon 'ealdu riht', ealdu meaning old or ancient and riht (a neuter plural) meaning rights.