Wise ones

Ginmore

Hello all,

During the past few months I've been speaking to someone who channels messages from guides and angels. So far everything she's told me has been correct. During our last session she told me I'm a "wise one"

When I looked this up I got "The realm of the wise ones includes humans who were once practitioners such as shamans, witches, wizards, and high priestesses. They feel a connection to Earth-based religions and philosophies like Wicca. Profoundly wise and highly intuitive, they tend to have a solemn and serious demeanor."

The information I found does describe me. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or is a wise one? I can't seem to find a lot of information on the topic.

Thanks! :)

celticnoodle

no, I have not heard of this until your post, and I've been interested in knowing more about it. I finally got around to googling it and reading about it. Very interesting thoughts!

I went a step further after reading one site on Wise Ones and other 'types' of beings and I feel that I am an "Earth Angel". :angel:

:D

I can't recall all the threads I looked at and read re: "Wise Ones", but it ended up leading me to this site--

http://spiritualconnectedness.com/2...n-incarnated-elemental-or-perhaps-a-wise-one/

which seems to really describe me to a tee.

Of course, these 'titles' seem to have come from Doreen Virture, I believe--and so many people will throw all this out, and not believe in it. *shrugs* But, whatever title anyone holds, I think we are all here to do our best to live a good life and pass it on to those around us. We are all important, title or no title assigned. We can all make a difference in this world and lets just hope its a positive difference. :)

Thanks for a very thought provoking subject!

Barleywine

I think this idea has been around for a long time in the concept of reincarnation and the idea of "old souls" who have had many lifetimes to - at least potentially - gain a lot of wisdom. The thought always reminds me of the Wheel of Fortune: if it's just spinning in a flat plane, when you come back to the beginning you're right back where you started, gaining nothing. If, however, it spins in a more gyroscopic manner, inscribing a spiral instead of a circle, you're a rung higher - or, in the traditional view, possibly lower due to "bad behavior" - on the ladder with each "refresh." Just some random, coffee-fueled notions . . .

Milfoil

Of course, these 'titles' seem to have come from Doreen Virture, I believe--and so many people will throw all this out, and not believe in it. *shrugs* But, whatever title anyone holds, I think we are all here to do our best to live a good life and pass it on to those around us. We are all important, title or no title assigned. We can all make a difference in this world and lets just hope its a positive difference. :)

You've hit the nail on the head Celticnoodle. Being hung up on titles can be a very misleading path. Doing the best we can, challenging ourselves, facing the scary stuff and doing things beyond our mere personal gratification but which positively impact on those around us is way more important.

Does the title matter to anyone else? If not, then it's not worth worrying about. Some very odd things come out of the Doreen Virtue stable, most are very self gratifying (everyone likes to be patted on the back and told they are special) and often lead back to buying more products so I think Celticnoodle is right, don't worry about titles, just be your own special self. :)