Imagemaker

laura_borealis said:
Many people have negative associations with 666. When I was a cashier, the total $6.66 would come up by random chance now and then. I'd say 75% of people whose total was the "number of the beast" would buy something else, such as a piece of candy, to bump the amount up. They'd laugh at themselves, but they'd still do it.

Superstition runs so, so deep--in our reptilian brain (amygdala? I love that word!). I guess it serves a self-protective function, but can so often be misapplied.

Crowley called himself The Beast for this very reason (allusions to Bibilical 666 fears)--to set people on edge, to taunt their fears and see what they would do.

poivre

6+6+6=18 1+8=9 Devil (666)
8+8+8=24 2+4=6 Jesus (888)

6 is the re-verse of 9

6 ruled by Venus - love
9 ruled by Mars - war

Jesus(888) + Mary (192) = 1080- the Holy Spirit

Just extra info

poivre

p.s. #13

Christ Consciousness.

There were 12 at the Last Supper & the 13th person was Jesus. He is a reflection of the other 12. I find 13 a lucky number.

HudsonGray

There's usually no 13th floor listed in office buildings either--it goes from 12 to 14. Superstitions are pretty strange.

Ani

I know this is an old thread but this has always been unclear to me also, there are some pretty interesting theories. I can't help but wonder if it is symbolic prophecy for our current world of materialism, control, greed, money, technology. Ancient prophecy has always been cryptic in symbolism, If there was not words to describe the visions they had there was symbolism, now there is the interperetations of the prophecies in the original language reflecting the point of view the translater. Anyway, check out this link, it shows how 666 is encoded on every bar code on any item purchased, I don't know how true this is but definately deserves research.

http://religion-cults.com/antichrist/mark.htm

HudsonGray

Prophecies are no use if you can't make sense out of them. This seems to be one of those things. It only seems to serve to get people desperately trying to match up anything that seems to fit (the DNA coding for one). Supposedly the meaning was supposed to make the most sense in the times the thing was written. Give it 2,000 years and who knows what else is pushed & dovetailed into the meaning.

paradoxx

Ironically the phone number to my local Catholic Church is 3666, woudl that be three times teh mark of the beast (666 three times).

Rusty Neon

Another interesting fact about the number 666 which I accidentally ran into. The number 666 is a Smith number.

"A Smith number is a number such that the sum of its digits is the sum of the digits of all its prime factors."

"Example: 666 = 2*3*3*37
& 6 + 6 + 6 = 2 + 3 + 3 + (3 + 7)"

Reference: http://www.primepuzzles.net/puzzles/puzz_108.htm

Phoenix Rising

First of all "every man will have a number and he will not be able to buy or sell without it" Well that's obvious credit cards, eftpos cards, cashless transaction big brother will be able to track everything that you do. The other thing they want to introduce, is the microchip and implant it under the skin. I understand they are using that for prisoners as a dummy run. Then our soul's will be definitely sold to the devil, we will have no freedom, without them knowing everything we do even our thoughts. They will be able to manipulate our thoughts with this device.
They are also introducing it slowly into children, as parents are terrified that their children will be abducted or kidnapped.
But for the number 666 itself, it is a long subject and you will be best to look at numerology books, I can't think of any at the top of my head.
Another book I recommend you to read are the "Kryon" series.

"All secrets are veiled in numbers"