See How you Scry April 20 - May 06, 2015

DownUnderNZer

MandMaud:

Will look at the FEEDBACK later again when I have time.

1) When zoning in on someone with others there different energies can mix or cross.

That is why it is better to work with a the person at the time, for me, to make sure the connection is right as well as to keep information flowing to that person. If that makes sense. Scrying felt more like clutching at straws. :bugeyed:

Usually, I don't like seeing kids.

I'm only shown what I can accept or it is game over before it begins.

I got a young teen once with different hair styles and colors every few secs. I didn't want to work with the sitter as kids are out of boundaries. As it turned out she was very much alive and kicking. An immense relief I can tell you. Her grandmother showed me this "fave" of hers first before revealing herself and how she died. If how she died came through first I would have backed out straight away. Not a pleasant death at all nor normal.

So, I do get the living too. Would have been sorted out if we did do it in "real time" I reckon and what info belonged to WHO in your family etc.

I was always told to let the querant work through the info as to us it is just a jigsaw really. But sometimes I like puzzles and to do more. :)

Stuck with the question and tried with the scrying.

USA is still the USA etc. I feel.

Will come back to your feedback when I get a chance. You can post a pic of the little one if you want.

DownUnderNZer

Now I have read it through properly. :)

Am quite happy with what came through really as it was not easy with no sounding board so as to speak. The info was meant for you to connect the dots and the what and who etc. It would have made a difference if it was back and forth between us to clarify and get it into perspective plus once the connection is right...

However, it wasn't meant to be a Mediumship reading either, so maybe I should have been a bit more less forthcoming. Although I think I wasnt too bad.

When the USA came up - I wondered if that was for someone else only as before I got that info I checked all 4 questions again.

Sorry about your son & the recent loss. Now I see how the "2" "1" fits plus the 1,2, 12 etc for possible births, deaths, anniversaries and so forth.

Alot of validation actually although I didn't appreciate the 2 sick nights when that is not me. :bugeyed:

Thanks for all the feedback! :thumbsup: :)

I am so sorry to be late with my feedback! I've had a lot on, but also, each time I came to AT I thought I'd go through the things that needed no thinking about first... then every day was too tired to focus on this later. So now I'm starting with this!

I can't remember many details but somewhere (nowhere I could lay my hands on it for now), I have quite a lot of family history although it's never been a hobby of mine (yet). My mother looked into her side, and all her papers on it will be somewhere in this house - and my gran talked a lot about that side of the family. And someone once took my father's side back to 1810.

However I can't say any of your details seem familiar! In fact the energy/energies I've been feeling have been mainly female.

BUT, having said that, some of what you picked up fits with some things.

1887 doesn't ring any bells in my mind, though my great-grandparents were born in that decade. I can't think of any "W ' STONE" or similar. I wondered if it may be a placename? I'm thinking Winston probably came into your mind because it's such a famous name, rather than with a connection to me - forgive me if you are sure that didn't happen. :)

Since you step as far from Stone as to suggest Smith, Smythe etc, maybe Styles? It's three generations back on my mother's side, and the spelling is unusual with a 'y' as it's more common with an 'i'.

I don't know about Jan/Feb. But my second son died as a baby. On the 12th of December in fact. That would also connect with the child's face you saw?

Worse, just this weekend my eldest cousin (on my mum's side) lost a 7-year-old grandson in an accident. I could PM you a photo to see if you saw his face? Gives me the shivers to think you may have seen him!

ETA: I've just remembered that this eldest cousin, my favourite cousin actually, is a big chap (had a gastric bypass last year) and when I was little I nicknamed him Teddy Bear for a while. (I was Goldilocks! I was a lot younger than him. :D)

As far as I know I have no connection with the USA, except a penfriend. There is a branch of my family in Canada, though. My father is in Canada - and he's another of the "absent males". I think it was the Irish side of his line that had some family members go to Canada. I've met two from that side of the family, a Canadian half-sister, and an English aunt.

There are a lot of males in my family who are "absent" for me. I grew up in an all-female household for example. That man sprawled on his back - I instantly thought of my ex! He is still alive though, but I can't see why that would prevent his spirit hanging around me a bit? I know you said "someone that passed" - and you said "stands with you in spirit watching over you" - but are you actually feeling goodwill and perceiving that this person has left this life, or taking it for granted because that's what we're talking about... if you see what I mean? (No offence! It's just that I'm not very used to this topic altogether.)

I was quite used to seeing him like that, because whenever he's a little bit poorly he acts it up massively. :laugh: To the extent of a few nights in hospital being investigated for appendicitis when the rest of us would wait half an hour to see if the tummy ache went off. Over the years he's got worse and last summer he faked an anaphylactic attack - thankfully it was his new partner coping with him by then. :rolleyes: She was of course terrified, but both our sons were present and, knowing him, they weren't fooled for a second - just to prove it's not me exaggerating!

Anyway the sight of an old man (he is only in his early 50s but behaves old, sorry for himself, as if he aches all over - when he wants to...), in an undignified position on his back as if ill and helpless, is quite familiar to me.

However I can't agree with 'intelligent', 'humour', 'loyal' etc with regard to my ex! :laugh:

Both my uncles died 10-15 years ago, and they were both fat. Did you say this guy was fat? (My ex is too.) My father is big, and I have no idea whether he's a drama queen, and haven't heard of any illness but then he isn't really in touch with anyone who could tell me (not even his sister, my aunt).

I mentioned the boy above... and I have two other sons. the dog means nothing to me, though I have a dog - I'd love a poodle (standard not miniature) but mine is a lurcher (greyhound-shaped). We had no dogs in my childhood, only a budgie and a cat. My uncles had collies, and later dachshunds and a Westie.

Teddy bears have always been around; my grandmother made toys and clothes, should have gone professional, taught dressmaking. I was surrounded by home-made bears, dolls, and lots more, and still have quite a number of them.

Back to my ex! he has had IBS for years; with hindsight it probably started before we even met (which was 1987). It was another thing that was always very dramatic when it hit him, bad enough to stop anything that we were all doing, though never bad enough to stop him eating what he's sensitive to(!). If he had an ache or a touch of nausea he'd tense up like mad and focus on it, make great efforts to vomit, until he succeeded in bringing something up - rather than being discreet and hoping it would pass.

I was quite astonished that in the same breath, as it were, you mention his head. He had a "not-a-stroke" (my name for it!) a few years ago - apparently it's a known condition, symptoms with nothing showing on the MRI - and last year a real stroke. Very hard to tell how serious because he'll said his doctor thought he'd never work again, and he's just started a new job - full time, pretty senior and very demanding. It doesn't concern me directly and our sons have got used to taking nothing he says as gospel. :( Anyway all his symptoms were left-sided...

He's also the kind of person who walks into cupboard doors because they simply shouldn't have been there and thus has a few forehead scars. ;)

That's what he's like when being ill - all the nurses, paramedics etc say they've never seen someone quite so badly affected by whatever it is he has this time!

Well, French is an official language in Canada. I do have ties to Europe, I live here! :laugh: French was my degree subject too. I have never been to Canada, nor the USA. I can't think of any "foreign-ish" name in my family though. Mostly the lineage is Welsh and Irish, with some more Norse-derived surnames. I lived in France briefly, a long time ago. Throwing out all the info I can think of in case any of it is relevant!

I don't think anyone has owned a pedigree dog... the dachshunds I mentioned were/are show dogs, my uncle and his wife bred and showed (and did well at it) for 30 years.

The teddy bear on the inside is my eldest cousin again. :)

I realise I keep making suggestions of people I know directly, mostly still alive. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it's a valid alternative!

My father is extremely private, in touch with almost no one in the family. the real black sheep. He is still alive though. And unfriendly - to others, he has been threatening. I don't know about conservative but I gather he is good at disapproving of people.

My ex also hides facts, and retreats/withdraws to punish, but is more often very in your face.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the men who aren't still around. My gran's husband (my grandfather of course!) died when I was a year old and I don't think I ever met him. He was quite difficult, but I don't know if he was flamboyant or quiet / private, versus showy. My gran's father was a business owner but I know nothing about his personality, now I think about it. Her brothers were just people, I remember them both but didn't know them well. Never felt them to be interested in me.

You see I have racked my brains to think of all the possible male influences and this is all I've got! :)

I am really touched by the time you put into this. Apologies again for being late with my response. I don't know if I've given you anything that makes sense of what you saw. Are you absolutely sure it was friendly, or if not friendly, no worse than indifferent?

Thank you DownUnderNZer! :)

MandMaud

Usually, I don't like seeing kids.

I'm only shown what I can accept or it is game over before it begins.
Would that mean it's more likely a boy who's still with us?
I have had three sons, two still here. What kind of age was the child you saw?

If you want to, I'm very happy to keep working to and fro between us until we make more sense of it all. :)

I think the biggest question in my mind is what's the point... I mean, why am I being shown (through you) these things, these people, at this time? While I can recognise parts, I wouldn't say I'm receiving any particular message. I hope I'm being clear here...

USA is still the USA etc. I feel.
OK, fair enough - I just don't know of a connection, doesn't mean there isn't one. There are a lot of things I don't know about. And I hope to visit the USA one day, I do have a penfriend there. But as you say, maybe this bit was for someone else.

Oh - I used to have another penfriend there but he died a few years ago...

You can post a pic of the little one if you want.
Happy to, but do you mean the 7-year-old (recent loss)? That's the only photo easy to get hold of, online.

The info was meant for you to connect the dots and the what and who etc. It would have made a difference if it was back and forth between us to clarify and get it into perspective plus once the connection is right...

However, it wasn't meant to be a Mediumship reading either, so maybe I should have been a bit more less forthcoming. Although I think I wasnt too bad.
I haven't connected many dots but simply threw everything at you that I could think of which may be relevant!

Alot of validation actually although I didn't appreciate the 2 sick nights when that is not me. :bugeyed:
Sorry about that! I think it must have been my ex, though heaven knows why he'd be "hanging around". He remarried about a year ago and has just started a new job which he's delighted with. We have to talk about money since his income has changed, but otherwise, I doubt I'm in his mind at all.

MandMaud

First off, thank you for being the ONE and ONLY to read for me. You are wonderful for taking the time to do this. Thank you! I'm not experienced at scrying either...unless it's with curtains or some kind of fabric. I always thought it was fascinating how I could see so many forms and pictures...like looking at clouds... ;)

I found I really enjoyed it! I always love reading (cards) for people and was surprised how similar this felt. I'm thinking that scrying is pretty much the same thing as happens when I read the cards.

I think the face is me. I read this more than a few times and my initial impression was that it just had to be me. I'd like to think it's a protective spirit but in light of the fact that it's standing behind a wall (and given what 'wall' conjures up for me), I can't help but feel this is me...hiding behind something out of fear of what lies beyond that barrier or threshold.
Actually I don't think the face is you. The sense that he was looking *at* you was strong. Certainly he wasn't hiding, just "happened to be" the other side of that wall! But the wall may well be of your own making - keeping either a protector at bay, or just any interest in you. Meaning the real you, the inner you.

I believe I'm trying to temper my explosions, exactly as you put it...I tell myself that I don't need to resort to that kind of behaviour to get my point across...but, I'm not very skilled at this tempering. If anything, I keep imploding on myself out of sheer frustration. There's an angel on one shoulder and a demon on the other...and I keep turning the other cheek because I 'know' better than to fight a losing battle...or rather, what feels like a losing battle.
There are other ways to oppose, as well as fighting a battle. There is passive resistance (as in Gandhi) and there is withdrawal and so on. My point is, there is a choice, not only a yes/no choice between fight or not-fight. Sounds like you're getting there already. :)

I used to have a very bad relationship wtih anger, both my own and other people's. One of the most helpful things I've heard in my lifetime (so far!) was that there's no such thing as a "bad" emotion or reaction. Anger, when something unjust has happened, is a healthy response. Just as sadness is healthy when something sad has happened. It's a bit of a learning curve though, I know... ;)

I absolutely love how you explain this, MandMaud! It's beautiful. It's so nice to read that first sentence...how I don't need to stamp out my 'bad' responses...because this is what I do...I stamp them out and then I pay the price in a different way.
It is far safer to acknowledge a response (whether angry or any other), observe, and then leave alone than to try to eradicate. As you know, things suppressed will re-emerge in uncontrolled ways.

I'm the sufferer in silence type. It's always been that way.
OK, I can believe the second of these sentences but not the first. :) It's always been this way, but that is not what you are - only what you do. No: what you have done so far. No reason for it to be what you do tomorrow.

You know...never quite feeling understood. I like the idea of shaping my responses into something more like what I want and need...and I've actually been practising this very thing. It's been difficult but...okay! :) Family can be so trying and today was no exception...but, I saw a part of myself that didn't feel the need to be right, didn't feel the need to be understood, didn't feel the need to let the 'other' have it. I didn't see the point and there was so much relief in that, although some sadness as well. We can't make others 'see' our way. I figure, as long as I treat others with courtesy and respect, then I'm doing my best and that's what matters to me. I can't be everything to everyone. I was content with my image and what you say here about pruning is so apt. I showed what I wanted to reveal and I believe that silence has a powerful way of speaking and saying what a temper tantrum simply cannot.
Well done! this is huge. Remember, next time you don't manage this, that you have done it - that way you know you have the strength to do it. It gets far easier as it gets to be a familiar feeling!

The important sentence here is "I can't be everything to everyone." - the point is not to stop trying to be because it's too high a target, but to stop because being anything to anyone should not be your target at all. Be true; be you and let them either be beside you, or on a different path.

(So simple to say... ;))

Yes, I am learning to pick up a pen and write when I am angry or sad. It's amazing what the imagination can muster up when the emotions are on fire. It's amazing the stories one can tell...stories of hope and transformation.
Funny that so many of us in this thread are writers! I wonder if writing and being attracted to scrying go together somehow.

Hmm, well, I did write that I feel a sense of protection...so, maybe this figure is external and looking over me. That would make sense too. Like I said, I also feel like I'm hiding my energy behind this wall. Either way, both cases speak of 'protection' or a need to feel safe and secure...and I've been looking for this safety and security my entire life and it's only recently, that I've realized it can't be found outside of myself. It's only ever cultivated on the inside via life experience and the outer world. I am grateful for this kind of awareness...I have a new appreciation that allows me to embrace my struggles!
This reminds me of something I thought as I read your fb about the shrub/plant image. Remember your roots. Send them down, down, down... there is solid rock beneath you, solidity, but also full of nourishment. Richness. Allow your roots to seek the depths and find the gems that grow down there - and the further they go down, the more valuable the nourishment (wealth) they find. Plants' roots are so intelligent in their search for water and food: if they're in barren soil, the roots spread and delve further and further. Let yours do this. The earth's core is down there, when you get that far... :)

The best thing, for me - selfishly - about this scrying lark :D is seeing what I tell the other person. Also when I read the cards. Whatever information or advice I tell, it's as if it is being told to me. This is a way of spending energy which is going to bring more energy to me than I need to put out!

Thanks, Celticnoodle, for setting up this thread. :heart:

Flames

Hello MandMaud,
Thank you for the additional insight! I will be sure to comment later tonight or tomorrow. I've been thinking a lot about what you've written here. I meant to write sooner but have just been so busy. Just wanted you to know. Talk to you very soon. Thanks, again! :)

Flames

I found I really enjoyed it! I always love reading (cards) for people and was surprised how similar this felt. I'm thinking that scrying is pretty much the same thing as happens when I read the cards.

Reading is reading, right? Whether cards, clouds or trees! :D I enjoy the process as well and also feel that reading cards and scrying are similar.

Actually I don't think the face is you. The sense that he was looking *at* you was strong. Certainly he wasn't hiding, just "happened to be" the other side of that wall! But the wall may well be of your own making - keeping either a protector at bay, or just any interest in you. Meaning the real you, the inner you.

I've been sitting with all of this additional insight and I think you're right. These past four days have revealed this face NOT to be me but, someone else. The wall is most certainly of my own making. And, this face I feel represents someone in my waking world. He has in interest in me as I do in him, but I'm keeping him at arm's length.

There are other ways to oppose, as well as fighting a battle. There is passive resistance (as in Gandhi) and there is withdrawal and so on. My point is, there is a choice, not only a yes/no choice between fight or not-fight. Sounds like you're getting there already. :)

Yes, I think so...that I'm getting there already. ;)

I used to have a very bad relationship wtih anger, both my own and other people's. One of the most helpful things I've heard in my lifetime (so far!) was that there's no such thing as a "bad" emotion or reaction. Anger, when something unjust has happened, is a healthy response. Just as sadness is healthy when something sad has happened. It's a bit of a learning curve though, I know... ;)

In a past meditation class, we were discussing 'negative' emotions and finally, the teacher said, "There are only emotions, neither good or bad."

It is far safer to acknowledge a response (whether angry or any other), observe, and then leave alone than to try to eradicate. As you know, things suppressed will re-emerge in uncontrolled ways.

Right, because when I've tried to eradicate, it certainly didn't serve or help me...not at all...if only to show me (in retrospect) what a bad idea it was to suppress the feeling. I think acknowledging is the first step, while trying to be gentle and kind to ourselves. I remember how upsetting it was to me to see that I was upset, instead of seeing it for what it was...that I was upset, and that it was OKAY to be upset...because I'm human and well, I have feelings! :) I learned that emotions 'move' in the body. By 'reacting' because you feel someone is pushing all of your buttons or 'triggering' you means you're giving way to something...you're essentially giving your power away...you are 'taken' by the emotion as opposed to watching and observing it and seeing where it settles...then, you're in control. Feelings are things you 'sense' when you enter a room or are around people, etc. They're very different.

OK, I can believe the second of these sentences but not the first. :) It's always been this way, but that is not what you are - only what you do. No: what you have done so far. No reason for it to be what you do tomorrow.

Thank you! Good point!! This is very helpful to me. I appreciate it.

Well done! this is huge. Remember, next time you don't manage this, that you have done it - that way you know you have the strength to do it. It gets far easier as it gets to be a familiar feeling!

Thank you for the support.

The important sentence here is "I can't be everything to everyone." - the point is not to stop trying to be because it's too high a target, but to stop because being anything to anyone should not be your target at all. Be true; be you and let them either be beside you, or on a different path.

(So simple to say... ;))

Thank you for this, as well. Wise words.

Funny that so many of us in this thread are writers! I wonder if writing and being attracted to scrying go together somehow.

Oh, I hadn't thought of it in that way but, perhaps, this is true.

This reminds me of something I thought as I read your fb about the shrub/plant image. Remember your roots. Send them down, down, down... there is solid rock beneath you, solidity, but also full of nourishment. Richness. Allow your roots to seek the depths and find the gems that grow down there - and the further they go down, the more valuable the nourishment (wealth) they find. Plants' roots are so intelligent in their search for water and food: if they're in barren soil, the roots spread and delve further and further. Let yours do this. The earth's core is down there, when you get that far... :)

I love this! I tend to live in the clouds (not all the time). I am a Gemini, and so, I'm a thinker...I think things through, over and over again...to my detriment!! I have often felt that there must be a way to dream while still remain grounded...so that one didn't get lost in imagination, on the one hand, nor become so practical, that there was no longer anything to aspire to. Finding a nice balance is so important. I'm very much drawn to trees and Nature, though, I live in the city and don't get the opportunity to venture off too far - as in, away from the city. But, I try to hang out at parks, by huge trees. I feel very grounded and at home there. I find that I'm left feeling very nourished and supported...so, I need to do more of this. Thank you very much and am sorry for coming back to this so late.

Take good care, MandMaud.
xoxo

MandMaud

I've been sitting with all of this additional insight and I think you're right. These past four days have revealed this face NOT to be me but, someone else. The wall is most certainly of my own making. And, this face I feel represents someone in my waking world. He has in interest in me as I do in him, but I'm keeping him at arm's length.
You know, and you will know, whether and when. :) All I can say is, there's benevolence, not ill will or control etc.

Right, because when I've tried to eradicate, it certainly didn't serve or help me...not at all...if only to show me (in retrospect) what a bad idea it was to suppress the feeling. I think acknowledging is the first step, while trying to be gentle and kind to ourselves. I remember how upsetting it was to me to see that I was upset, instead of seeing it for what it was...that I was upset, and that it was OKAY to be upset...because I'm human and well, I have feelings! :) I learned that emotions 'move' in the body. By 'reacting' because you feel someone is pushing all of your buttons or 'triggering' you means you're giving way to something...you're essentially giving your power away...you are 'taken' by the emotion as opposed to watching and observing it and seeing where it settles...then, you're in control. Feelings are things you 'sense' when you enter a room or are around people, etc. They're very different.
Yes! "You're essentially giving your power away" - absolutely. "Detach and observe" (wherever that comes from ;)).

I love this! I tend to live in the clouds (not all the time). I am a Gemini, and so, I'm a thinker...I think things through, over and over again...to my detriment!! I have often felt that there must be a way to dream while still remain grounded...so that one didn't get lost in imagination, on the one hand, nor become so practical, that there was no longer anything to aspire to. Finding a nice balance is so important. I'm very much drawn to trees and Nature, though, I live in the city and don't get the opportunity to venture off too far - as in, away from the city. But, I try to hang out at parks, by huge trees. I feel very grounded and at home there. I find that I'm left feeling very nourished and supported...so, I need to do more of this. Thank you very much and am sorry for coming back to this so late.

The way to walk tall is with your head in the clouds and your feet on the ground. :)

Maybe you would like to get a jade plant to have in your home? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crassula_ovata They're pretty undemanding, which means rewarding, but they reward a little bit of care with a lot of flourishing, and they're "tree" rather than houseplant. A connection to the wild forest, for the weeks you can't get there in person. (They're very enthusiastic - I once found a dropped leaf in the dark corner behind the pot, which had sprouted tiny roots and miniature leaves and was well on its way to starting a whole new tree - with no water and hardly any light!)

Thanks for this in-depth feedback! Timing really doesn't matter, this thread somehow hasn't been attracting us back, has it? :)