Seeker

Cocobird55 

Maybe they were hoping for a wider audience than tarot readers, and thought this might be helpful for people who didn't know anything about the cards.
Top   #111
Citizen

earthair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelell View Post
The back's not reversible? Or you mean after trimming.
Not reversible before trimming http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment...4&d=1433649692
Top   #112
Citizen

earthair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobird55 View Post
Maybe they were hoping for a wider audience than tarot readers, and thought this might be helpful for people who didn't know anything about the cards.
Yup, I wondered if that was the case, but I would imagine that 95% of their potential sales would be to people who can already read tarot, or will they be doing a second run to sell at breast cancer charity events etc?
Top   #113
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

It looks like part of the bottom border is used to name the artist along with the artist's interpretation. It is a shame to take away so much of the art for the border, especially since the cards will be poker size anyway. Though since there is a booklet, it seems like they would have just put the information in there instead. Like Danieljuk, I'm not going to be too bothered about it since it was for a good cause.
Top   #114
Citizen

Yelell 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
The cardback on rwcarter's preview was a little different- what I could see looked reversible to me unless I missed something?
Attached Images

Top   #115
Citizen

AJ 

that block of script as shown above in Bodhi's post makes the card all about the artist, rather than the cause. Something went awry...
Top   #116
student of tarot

rwcarter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
that block of script as shown above in Bodhi's post makes the card all about the artist, rather than the cause. Something went awry...
And if they had put that image up on the campaign, I'm sure they would've gotten even less support for the campaign. The concept of truth in advertising seems to have fallen by the wayside in order to gain support for the cause.

I can't believe that with the width and breadth of tarot luminaries associated with this project that no one raised the red flag to say, "Hey, that's not a good idea!"
Top   #117
Citizen

reall 

wha? can't believe they are doing this?x,x preview img look so good! and even without artists names it's easy to guess by style!x,x don't mind back it look reversable to me but maybe that was the point no negative meanings?x,x /even they look kind of to *sweet*!x,x facepalm never think I would be the one saying that!x,x
those clouds could be easily left out!x,x

no comment for poker size, borders and text,,, it's beyond words to me,,,

Edit I just opened img rwcarter posted and it dosn't look so bad from far!)
Top   #118
Walking the old paths

PathWalker 

I must have missed the bit about size - the cards were meant to be 3 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches? I've started a bag...

Can someone direct me to info, because I haven't had an email about it - thanks
Top   #119
Citizen

earthair 

The email text for PW... "The deck is now completed and we have received a proof deck from the printer. We will be making some color adjustments and the deck deck will be submitted for final proofing and then a print run. We expect to begin mailing the decks by the end of the month. Since insufficient funds were raised to meet our goal, some adjustments had to be made to the deck to accomodate the reduced budget. The card size was reduced to a standard size of 2 3/4" X 4 3/4" and the deck will come in a velveteen bag rather than a tuck box. We can assure you that the deck looks great and here is a picture of the proof deck to illustrate the progress. The printed booklet with meanings and the back of the card are shown on the left side of the picture."
Top   #120
Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.