Tarot Pink

earthair

That is even worse than I feared. :bugeyed::bugeyed::bugeyed::bugeyed::bugeyed::mad:
How is anyone supposed to read or meditate on lines of website advertising???!!

Well at least if the bag is too small, it gives me a good excuse to get out the scissors :D
First person the trim the deck and get it to fit in the bag wins a prize?! :D

littlethings

So incredibly disappointed in this

as I think I said above, these are all about the artists, not one bit about the cause.

Yes and that is the saddest part. Who puts advertisements on tarot cards, especially when it's supposed to be about a cause. I don't know who thought that would be a good idea.

Cocobird55

That really is too bad. Mine is in transit.

rwcarter

As shown, this deck may replace the Tapestry Tarot as the fugliest deck in my collection. Trimming will only improve the deck.

As I've already said, I can't believe that well-established tarot artists are proud to be associated with the finished product. We basically funded a set of tarot calling cards for the participating artists. That is NOT the campaign I decided to support. Support for breast cancer research seems to be a secondary goal of the campaign since the primary goal seems to be advertisements for the artists.

Ron Leong's name gets added to the list of people whose works I won't be supporting from this point on. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Rodney

gregory

Sadly (for the cause) I doubt very much whether the remaining decks will sell...

HearthCricket

This is pathetic. They look just like advertising calling cards for each artist. Didn't order and won't order. Which is another reason I never give to something created for a "cause". Cripes, just give directly to the societies and leave the middle man out, since they will all be getting a cut from such advertising on said cards.

danieljuk

so disappointing! I am sure they are now wringing their way around the world now and I will have it arriving soon. I think the worst thing about this whole situation is the complete error of judgement, who came up with these decisions? Some major deck artists designed cards (some two) and the final outcome is really the worst possible solution for tarot as an art form and tarot as divination and to be used.

I do feel burned by this and will I am not sure I will back another crowd source project, not a collective one anyway. Agree with you Rodney about Leong :( I just hope it can give a lot of money towards it's cause during Breast Cancer Month this month! I think that is the only positive I can take from this! I wonder if people who bought the app version also have all the "calling card" info for the artists on it!? :(

rwcarter

Sadly (for the cause) I doubt very much whether the remaining decks will sell...
It will be very interesting to see which set of images are used to sell the remainder of the decks. That choice will speak volumes about the character of those who make that decision....

AJ

actually I expect next to no funding will go to any cause.
If they had to scale back their original production values because of being underfunded, I doubt there was anything in the pot for anything else.

gregory

actually I expect next to no funding will go to any cause.
If they had to scale back their original production values because of being underfunded, I doubt there was anything in the pot for anything else.
ACTUALLY to be fair - I have been in communication with someone else who was involved, for entirely not this deck or anything to do with it issues - and the pricing was aimed to ensure profit for the cause, no matter what happened. It will be LESS this way, is all. The printing price I was told of was amazingly small, and all the artists worked for free. So let's hope.

I hate the look of it - but I refuse to believe it hasn't done a good thing, either.