Tarot Pink

reall

Yup.
if you actually wanted to save money, you'd do it the easy way- stick the images in a plain simple pink border, slap on a Queen of Cups title or whatever, upload images to TGC and the job's done- you have a great deck.

Presumably the person who compiled all the images still has the original files? Yes? Well now, they just have to upload them all to TGC, in a text-less, border-less edition and start making money for the cause. I challenge them to do the right thing.

egzactly my point!:)) I hope they fix this and give chance to this deck and all people who support good cause!:)) if proportions are the problem they could just go vith some positive Dv or LH messages!:))

@gregory you are right! PS should be good option to!:))

rwcarter

Someone who wishes to remain anonymous commented on the Indiegogo page about the text block on the images and was emailed back by Mr. Leong who said things to this person that he wouldn't have dared post on the comments page (which he has since closed). By his response to this person, to say that he just doesn't get it is an understatement.... (shakes head)

truelighth

That review of Benewell Wenn is quite enlightening. I backed the project for the cause and for the art. But to also hear from one of the artist that the layout overpowers the art, that is so sad. Apart from the text blubs, I personally don't like the look of the grey and the pink. The example she shows looks so much better. It is a pity.

I may actually for the first time apply a border-ectomy on this deck.

Yelell

:bugeyed:

I guess I'm just not able to figure it out. Less money means smaller cards. Ok, understood. But, as an extreme example, it's not like the bottom of the cards were sold as a Walmart advertizing banner to make more money. This text block doesn't do anything to help cover costs. So, regardless of how big the cards are, what was the motivation for putting it there?
Edited to say I just saw Benebell Wen's review and I really liked her idea that the medium of the work of art is something that would have been better to include.

Rose

My deck just arrived. I am now the disappointed owner of 78 tarot business cards. What is really sad is that this would be quite a nice deck without the self-advertising. The size of the deck is fine. The art is good. I'm sure the artists involved wanted to do a good thing, but someone (or more than one) showed poor judgment and disrespect for the potential buyers and original supporters of this deck.

It appears that all the decks were printed and shipped by Game Crafter (mine was). Game Crafter is a print on demand service. They only needed a minimum of 100 decks to get the maximum price break. I assume extra decks were not printed (otherwise less money would go to the charity). Future orders are single print on demand from Game Crafter with a portion going to breast cancer charity.

I think this deck would sell well without the artist bios. If they want people to order it from Game Crafter they should remove the bios and upload new revised images. More money would go to the breast cancer charity. Which was the point to begin with.

Note: I will probably trim mine.

gregory

But use printerstudio instead. They have hubs all over the world, which means cheaper postage an NO CUSTOMS DUTY. They ship in bulk to - well, for instance, Germany, for the whole EU - and the decks are mailed on from there - cheaply and with NO risk of a customs bill. And they dropship, just as TGC does. I wish TGC would get on and set up hubs - they said they were "looking into it" AGES ago.

earthair

TGC are shipping it???

Nnnnnooooooooooooooo :( *facepalm*

The joy of getting stung by customs for a 3rd time in as many months awaits. This deck better fit in the bag after I've finished with it. :rolleyes::laugh:

PathWalker

If it comes with charges, I'll let them send it back! I seriously don't have the money to pay twice(!) for something that's getting such a bad rap :(

Alta

Mine came today. Because of this thread I was prepared for the artist information on the front so it likely didn't bother me as much as it might have, if unexpected.

The cardstock and deck size seem fine to me. Some of the art pieces are outstanding and a credit to the artists. Others may be but possibly didn't appeal to my personal taste. Looking through the deck and looking at the level of quality of the art (mostly) I was struck that so many artists had clearly invested significant time and energy into this cause. I am guessing they didn't get paid for it.

gregory

Mine came today. Because of this thread I was prepared for the artist information on the front so it likely didn't bother me as much as it might have, if unexpected.

The cardstock and deck size seem fine to me. Some of the art pieces are outstanding and a credit to the artists. Others may be but possibly didn't appeal to my personal taste. Looking through the deck and looking at the level of quality of the art (mostly) I was struck that so many artists had clearly invested significant time and energy into this cause. I am guessing they didn't get paid for it.
No, they did it for free. Bless them - and as you see in this thread - some are NOT happy with the advertising.

PW - OURS shouldn't come from TGC, I think - as they were prepaid. Any backer who has it - where was yours mailed ?