Tarot Pink


> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks



 
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
Yeah, I want a copy and would back it now, but flexible funding makes me very nervous; I've lost money on those before.

Nowadays when I see a flexible funding campaign I wait until it the project is very near its goal before I become a backer.

This does look like a worthwhile project and an impressive deck with some great artists, though.
I avoid backing on indiegogo for that reason. But like - someone else here - at least I am giving to a good cause.

If backers carry on at the current level they JUST won't make it. But only just not.
Top   #11
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
Yeah, I want a copy and would back it now, but flexible funding makes me very nervous; I've lost money on those before.

Nowadays when I see a flexible funding campaign I wait until it the project is very near its goal before I become a backer.

This does look like a worthwhile project and an impressive deck with some great artists, though.
I'm with Annabelle here. I backed an Indegogo campaign last year that I guess was flexibly funded. Campaign succeeded and decks were supposed to be mailed out Sept 2014. No deck, no updates from the artist, and Indegogo didn't do anything other than give me the artist's direct email address to contact her. Three contact attempts (once through the campaign page and twice through direct email) without a response. Now whenever Indegogo sends me a questionnaire, I give the whole service model a thumbs down. (And, yes, gregory. I know.)

I backed Robert Place's campaign because it was from a known quantity with a reputation to maintain. While there are a number of known quantities involved with this deck, I think I'll be waiting until closer to the end of the campaign to fund it if it looks like it's going to make it.

Rodney
Top   #12
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
I'm with Annabelle here. I backed an Indegogo campaign last year that I guess was flexibly funded. Campaign succeeded and decks were supposed to be mailed out Sept 2014. No deck, no updates from the artist, and Indegogo didn't do anything other than give me the artist's direct email address to contact her. Three contact attempts (once through the campaign page and twice through direct email) without a response. Now whenever Indegogo sends me a questionnaire, I give the whole service model a thumbs down. (And, yes, gregory. I know.)

I backed Robert Place's campaign because it was from a known quantity with a reputation to maintain. While there are a number of known quantities involved with this deck, I think I'll be waiting until closer to the end of the campaign to fund it if it looks like it's going to make it.

Rodney
Yes Rodney. I know too. I have backed this one because at least the artists are so stellar I think it should be OK. I have never actually been bitten by one, as I hate the model so much I - but I avoid indiegogo as a rule, on principle. I have backed exactly one other - created by a member here - which is apparently mailing as we speak. (As I recall she actually said she wished she had gone kickstarter !) Kickstarter is much better managed - and even there we all know about that one that fell over badly.

And I tell them what a crap model it is, too - that they should only allow fixed funding with payment at the end if it makes the goal. But - as they don't listen, I don't go there. This one, however - well... there are people I know opersonally in that list of artists !

reall - postage is only included in the US. Be careful ! Just it never asked me for more than the pledge cost ! So I didn't exactly volunteer.
Top   #13
reall's Avatar
reall  reall is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Dec 2013
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,340
reall 

@gregory tnx4all info!^^ ))
I was sure it included international shiping for that option to pledge 45$? it would be ok that way, I've seen worse shipping invoice!^^ lolz )
and this is beautiful art collection deck/I have a feeling it could be used for all kind of healing work?)
and im looking forward to read that book!^^ ))

my only dillema is to back up option for 1 or 2decks? lolz )
Top   #14
desertrat's Avatar
desertrat  desertrat is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Mar 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,760
desertrat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
I have backed this one because at least the artists are so stellar I think it should be OK.
This was part of my logic, also, for backing Tarot Pink.

I also got screwed by the Indegogo campaign that Rodney mentioned.
Top   #15

gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
This was part of my logic, also, for backing Tarot Pink.

I also got screwed by the Indegogo campaign that Rodney mentioned.
Psst which one was it ?
Top   #16
desertrat's Avatar
desertrat  desertrat is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Mar 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,760
desertrat 

Nevermind
Top   #17
donnalee's Avatar
donnalee  donnalee is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2014
Location: NYC/NJ, USA area sometimes
Posts: 1,210
donnalee 

I saw this deck and the man who is behind it at Readers Studio 2015 this weekend and prepaid him for a printed version of the deck. I thought the project worthwhile and him sincere, and have been getting to know manymany of the folks involved. I vote yes!
Top   #18
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Funding isn't going as well as it deserves - do tell all your friends It looks as though it would be a wonderful deck, and I WANT it !
Top   #19
rachelcat's Avatar
rachelcat  rachelcat is offline
XII. The Hanging Cat
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,403
rachelcat 

I backed. And I'll send the link to the Capital Tarot Society when I send out the next meeting reminder. I'm a bit supporter of tarot-related charity! AND the deck looks pretty cool . . .
Top   #20
Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.