crystalrose  crystalrose is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 31 Jan 2005
Location: the Stars
Posts: 3,923
crystalrose 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
Yep, I know that one Has put me off doing more regular readings. Having to justify yourself does not lead to feeling good about doing a reading. And they are more than reasonable, and I usually explain why.

I know you supported me on that one, and a huge thanks again for doing so.

Heck I am in a grouchy mood today...lol.
I saw that too! I think people forget readers are putting time and energy into the readings & thus you can read or not read on whatever you want to. If they don't like your requirements, well that's too bad. Nobody's entitled to a reading. I've seen readers on here flat out refuse to read for someone and that always gives me a good laugh b/c the person usually had it coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotH View Post

And then there are those who just don't quite believe your reading so they go and ask THE SAME question somewhere else and basically get THE SAME answer you just gave them. I totally get it if you do a reading for yourself then get a second opinion from me but when you go off and ask 3 other readers immediately after getting a reading from me it appears a bit INSANE. These people remind me of those who are addicted to gambling. They just keep hitting the card tables until they get a "winning" hand for their question. That is a reading that tells them what they WANT to hear..
Yep, that's annoying. They beg you for a reading on some pressing urgent dire matter and then immediately after go ask 5 other people for readings on the same question. Rinse and repeat for days straight. Sometimes it makes me feel like I wasted my time & the person didn't really respect what I had to say. It's exactly like an addiction. But I truly wonder if people really believe the readings that tell them what they want to hear? That's the part that confuses me. If it really made them feel better, wouldn't they stop getting readings??
Top   #141
AmethystEyes's Avatar
AmethystEyes  AmethystEyes is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 31 May 2009
Location: With the stars
Posts: 24,891
AmethystEyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalrose View Post
I also hate readers who insist that they are right even when I give firm evidence to the contrary. I know better than you what's going on in my life so stfu!
Lol true! I understand you're telling me what you got but that ainy happening so .....No .
People love to add in the " other woman" "oh well you wouldn't know about it" that has nothing to do with what happened! Just because a queen showed up? *rolls eyes* life and tarot don't give you that clear of signs
Top   #142
GotH's Avatar
GotH  GotH is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2012
Location: incognitio
Posts: 27,396
GotH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalrose View Post
Yep, that's annoying. They beg you for a reading on some pressing urgent dire matter and then immediately after go ask 5 other people for readings on the same question. Rinse and repeat for days straight. Sometimes it makes me feel like I wasted my time & the person didn't really respect what I had to say. It's exactly like an addiction. But I truly wonder if people really believe the readings that tell them what they want to hear? That's the part that confuses me. If it really made them feel better, wouldn't they stop getting readings??
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein
Top   #143
yannie's Avatar
yannie  yannie is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Sep 2015
Location: Little red dot
Posts: 678
yannie 

Apart from sitters searching for the answers they want to hear - readers who give sitters the answers they think they want to hear.

Devil 7 swords 5 swords 8 cups 3 swords 8 swords 10 swords Death

Yep he totally loves you, yep he thinks you're his soulmate, yep you're his one and only.

Unless the reader is just being sarcastic after having seen the sitter ask the same question to a million readers a million times...in which case, *chuckle*
Top   #144
HallowedNight's Avatar
HallowedNight  HallowedNight is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 May 2014
Location: ☆ Space ☆
Posts: 458
HallowedNight 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalrose View Post
Exactly! The only reason I think about gender is so I know how to refer to the person the querent is asking about. And if they don't volunteer the info themselves, then I just say "they" and call it a day. Why they need my gender for a career question or something simple is a bit much.
Yeah! I never ask for gender, because I usually assume that the person will tell me if they think it matters, and otherwise I just assume it's a non-issue.

Which sort of leads me into my next pet peeve... Actually, it's more of just a feeling, I guess, especially with readers online; it almost seems like they're doing this just because they feel they have to. This is probably more with people who give readings for free, like here in the exchange forum, but sometimes it just seems like the reader makes the reading feel like a chore. And if the reading feels like a chore, then the readings are generally short and not that good, and that's no fun for anyone!

I guess maybe feel like they have to be super immersed in tarot and be doing readings all the time to be a "real tarot reader"? I used to feel like that when I first started, but now I've realized that that's just not true. So yeah, just people who seem like they don't care about a reading, I guess is what I'm trying to say. I'm rambling a bit now! o wo
Top   #145
Awakened Queen's Avatar
Awakened Queen  Awakened Queen is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 05 Sep 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 472
Awakened Queen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalrose View Post
I also hate readers who insist that they are right even when I give firm evidence to the contrary. I know better than you what's going on in my life so stfu!
This happened to me recently. The reader basically described somebody else's life, then told me to update them if it happened within 6 months. O_o
Top   #146
Padma's Avatar
Padma  Padma is offline
Star clad
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,976
Padma 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
That is a royal one for me too.

When it happened on another forum I was a reader for, the regular readers contacted each other when this happened with the name of the guilty. If they asked for another reading, none of us would oblige and we explained why. It usually then led to an apology and instant feedback. If not, they were not eligible for another reading - end of.

Harsh ? Maybe. But we all put time and effort into readings, and all that is required is general courtesy of acknowledgement via feedback.

Davina
That is actually a very reasonable way to deal with the issue, Davina!
Top   #147
yannie's Avatar
yannie  yannie is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Sep 2015
Location: Little red dot
Posts: 678
yannie 

Readers with prejudices. You can tell in how they interpret your cards, & how they respond to your feedback.
Top   #148
AmethystEyes's Avatar
AmethystEyes  AmethystEyes is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 31 May 2009
Location: With the stars
Posts: 24,891
AmethystEyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannie View Post
Readers with prejudices. You can tell in how they interpret your cards, & how they respond to your feedback.
I know what you mean, they judge your question and then twist the cards to make it how they feel about the situation. Which is why I usually dont like going into details. It helps info flow freely with any prejudices.
Top   #149
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystEyes View Post
I know what you mean, they judge your question and then twist the cards to make it how they feel about the situation. Which is why I usually dont like going into details. It helps info flow freely with any prejudices.
Agree, readers with clear biases or ones that intuit things about the sitter (correct or not) and then they twist the reading around based on what they think they intuit about the sitter. I guess this is what we all do, but if the reader is looking down on the sitter and being judgmental/abusive because of what they think they know this is where I take issue.

There was one reader that turned up here on AT awhile back that had the worst vibe and was giving people "tell it like it is" readings. I don't respect that at all. In my view, you just come off like an asshole and I'm sure your personality and life is chocked full of equal if not greater problems than the people you are belittling on this website.

For fellow readers out there, my feeling is that anything can be said it's a matter of how you say it and some readers certainly need to shore up on their bedside manner and/or work on their own issues instead of trying to "help" others.

NOTE: It is important for everyone to remember there are BAD people in the spiritual community too! People can claim to be healers and they are actually abusers. Be aware of this fact, folks.

Paz, homies.
Top   #150
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.