Pet peeves

Kgirl

But I like the banter :) (And the insights)

True! And FWIW I'd love a reading from you, I bet you're fantastic!

It's a shame that some of the bad habits here deter good readers :(

Padma

Yup! Also a shame that so few people read the rules for the subforum they are posting in! How hard could it be...?

AmethystEyes

Ugh thats right! Read the first post before you ask your question! Really!

Elj

I usually try to walk around the pet peeves..

But my biggest one is when someone tries to bring down Queen of Swords and/or any upright Swords court card. Some readers I've seen make them out as if they're bad cards to have in a spread and it is usually someone unhappy ought to ruin someone else's life. I am sure that any of those cards have a much better story to tell.

crystalrose

4. In Your Readings, sometimes we "mike drop" a negative reading, followed by "Sorry." It seems very presumptuous, like "I nailed it, your future sux, deal with it, haterz." Where's the humility?

)

Yep it's cocky. Plus it contains a condescending assumption that the sitter is too fragile to handle bad news, if the reading is even accurate in the first place.

Barleywine

True! And FWIW I'd love a reading from you, I bet you're fantastic!

Thanks! But I've said quite often on this forum that I don't believe in the effectiveness of remote reading (unless it's purely psychic), and I only read face-to-face. I do appreciate the vote of confidence, though.

AmethystEyes

Another forum one, when people dont even bother to fully read/understand your question. Then they answer it and it makes no sense. I guess they are just those blow off readers who just want their reading in return.

Grizabella

Another pet peeve - people here who type out reams and reams of opinions or information etc. and put no paragraph breaks in it -so it is just one massive block of text that fills the whole screen. Sorry, I can't read that! Please break it into bite-sized chunks, visually!

I can deal with this well enough. The ones that really throw me are the ones (thankfully they're few) who don't use capital letters, don't do paragraph breaks and don't punctuate. I usually just give up and move on without reading the member's question or comments when I see that's been the case. It's not that I'm making personal judgments that bias me away from that person, it's that it's just too hard to read a post like that.

Barleywine

I can deal with this well enough. The ones that really throw me are the ones (thankfully they're few) who don't use capital letters, don't do paragraph breaks and don't punctuate. I usually just give up and move on without reading the member's question or comments when I see that's been the case. It's not that I'm making personal judgments that bias me away from that person, it's that it's just too hard to read a post like that.

Good thing E.E. Cummings - e e cummings (or his shade) - isn't a member. We'd all be climbing the walls! But I'm with you, I don't read long, impenetrable blocks of text either.

kfad

I am trying to work my way thought all 31 pages of this amazing thread.

I am guilty of a number of the peeves.

But my biggest pet peeve when having a reading done for me is when the reader brings my ancestors into it. For a number of reasons. The biggest one being they tend to get my ethnicity wrong. And they never get the relationships correct.