Saturn return stories

Ace

You know, I really HATE astrology. (Long story and no, I won't go into it here.)

But some things really do come up even in Tarot readings I do for people. The biggest there is the first Saturn return, I do see it often in readings for people between about 26-28. But it wasn't until my own SECOND Saturn Return that I realized what it REALLY meant.

When I was about 28, I fell in love with a woman who I see now was very closeted (even in her own mind.) I came very close to coming out then. Then she fell ill and fell "in love" with her (male) doctors and I decided I was mistaken and went back into my OWN mental closet. Just before she died, I met a man who I fell hard for (I still think of him as my Soul Mate, but what I know NOW is that just because you meet your Soul Mate, it doesn't mean you will be happy together.) When we broke it off, I decided I didn't like men much either. So I was alone. For a long time. Until my second Saturn return.

When I was 54, I decided that I REALLY wanted love in my life and after meditating on it realized it could and SHOULD be a woman. Having come out to MYSELF, I started looking and eventually found someone. We are living happily ever after.

But I realize now, that the Saturn return is a shake up of your life. Everything jumps in the air and comes down in a new pattern. Maybe, if we are aware of it, we can shape the pattern of our next 28 years, I would tell people that if I catch them at the right moment. So my lesson of the Saturn Return: shake yourself free and find what you WANT and point that way.

Barb

LittleOne

You know, I really HATE astrology. (Long story and no, I won't go into it here.)

But some things really do come up even in Tarot readings I do for people. The biggest there is the first Saturn return, I do see it often in readings for people between about 26-28. But it wasn't until my own SECOND Saturn Return that I realized what it REALLY meant.

When I was about 28, I fell in love with a woman who I see now was very closeted (even in her own mind.) I came very close to coming out then. Then she fell ill and fell "in love" with her (male) doctors and I decided I was mistaken and went back into my OWN mental closet. Just before she died, I met a man who I fell hard for (I still think of him as my Soul Mate, but what I know NOW is that just because you meet your Soul Mate, it doesn't mean you will be happy together.) When we broke it off, I decided I didn't like men much either. So I was alone. For a long time. Until my second Saturn return.

When I was 54, I decided that I REALLY wanted love in my life and after meditating on it realized it could and SHOULD be a woman. Having come out to MYSELF, I started looking and eventually found someone. We are living happily ever after.

But I realize now, that the Saturn return is a shake up of your life. Everything jumps in the air and comes down in a new pattern. Maybe, if we are aware of it, we can shape the pattern of our next 28 years, I would tell people that if I catch them at the right moment. So my lesson of the Saturn Return: shake yourself free and find what you WANT and point that way.

Barb

What a great story! Thank you for sharing that with me (well... us).

I have to say I am glad I am aware of the Saturn return. It's kind of like how they say once you put a name to something you are better able to understand and conquer it.

And you are right about the Soul Mates. I remember reading somewhere that often they aren't ideal or the person you will be happy with as their role is to help you to grow and change - which often happens better in more challenging situations.

MandMaud

I won't ask your long story. But I would like to know why you even looked at an astrology thread, hating the subject? :)

celticnoodle

I have thought for many years that 30 (thereabouts) is the real "coming of age" age!
Yes, I agree, but put the age between 25 and 28 actually. Even though I was wanting to 'grow up fast' and moved out at 18, I look back and see though I was living (at times) like an adult, doing adult things, I wasn't truly mature till I was 25 or 26 yoa. Our daughter was the same thing--she moved out just before her 18th birthday--and thought she was 'grown up', :rolleyes:, but she did get there a bit earlier then I did. She was about 23 years old when she finally had it all together, I think. Though, who knows, it still could have been a lot to do with her Saturn return, but just before it actually returned into her sign? I wonder.

Barb
Yes, it appears this is so, Barb. And, I agree with LittleOne--a lovely story! I am so glad you found the love of your life.

I won't ask your long story. But I would like to know why you even looked at an astrology thread, hating the subject? :)
I would imagine because she had such great stories to add to the thread and when she read the title of this thread, she just had to add to it. :)

junethird

I read threads I dont have a strong affinity for. Sometimes a topic or discussion just calls you and thats great! I thought that sharing our high and low points on our life path at crucial coming of age points is what this thread is mainly about regardless if you are a newbie to astrology, believer or not.. Etc.

@Ace. I really liked that last bit of wisdom on saturn returns about finding what you want and let it point you in the right direction. It goes hand in hand with your another one liner i remeber from you about women falling in love with their ears...etc. good stuff! For some reason, how you explain your life wisdom always sticks with me. Thanks for sharing.

UrbanBramble

Ha, my Saturn is in Scorpio... I believe in the 2nd house. So restrictions and structure and hard lessons, specifically around money and stability, self worth and values. It started in Oct. of 2012 and ended in Dec. of 2014 (this year! Woo hoo!) I have always been blessed when it's come to money, I went to college on savings and have had savings to draw on throughout my life. These ran out around the time my Saturn return started, I was moving every few months, I couldn't find a job, I quit my old career path and was looking for something else. I went from living in co-op houses, farming for a living, and having no stable form of income (and not wanting one) to craving stability. I really used to resent money and had some serious issues around my own financial privilege, my identity and values were rooted in anti - capitalism (they still are but I'm seeing different ways of affecting change). In the last few years I have really rethought career and am now pursuing a nursing career. I 'm looking forward to a stable income and feel like I'm not compromising my ideals or interests while I seek it. I finally got into nursing school and will be starting in the fall, and I finally feel financially secure - this is after months and months of not having that and wanting it. My identity has changed entirely, I live in a new place and really have new interests and new friends. I'm in a settled relationship for the first time in my life. All of the things that used to signify being "mainstream" are falling into place in my life, and I don't mind - it doesn't feel like a compromise to have them and my happiness and self - worth has increased as a result.

I remember thinking back in 2012 after a rough few years - wow, I wonder if my Saturn Return has passed. Then, nope, it was just starting. But I think going through the rough stuff early meant that I was able to focus on making big life changes in a way that was positive for me.

Here's hoping I'm truly out the other end.

MandMaud

Yes, I agree, but put the age between 25 and 28 actually. Even though I was wanting to 'grow up fast' and moved out at 18, I look back and see though I was living (at times) like an adult, doing adult things, I wasn't truly mature till I was 25 or 26 yoa. Our daughter was the same thing--she moved out just before her 18th birthday--and thought she was 'grown up', :rolleyes:, but she did get there a bit earlier then I did. She was about 23 years old when she finally had it all together, I think.
Actually with me, it was around my early 40s... unless I'm still in the stage of *thinking* I'm grown up...

Ha, my Saturn is in Scorpio... I believe in the 2nd house. So restrictions and structure and hard lessons, specifically around money and stability, self worth and values. It started in Oct. of 2012 and ended in Dec. of 2014 (this year! Woo hoo!)
I hope you're out the other end too! Well done, too, on making such profound changes, right down to the identity level. I strongly identify with your issues with self worth etc and the basis that asking for what we're worth is in opposition to some ill-defined sense of virtue - at least that's how I read it; that's how it is in me! (I'm learning a lot from 'Money: A Love Story' by Kate Northrup, and might have a go at 'Overcoming Underearning' after that. So far the big message is that it's about being able to receive value, and that's all one with truly giving value - when the flow's healthy, it flows both out and in. I think. Something like that. :D)

But in my case my Saturn's in Aries - Sun in the 8th, ruled by Scorpio which does like to hide under rocks ;) - and my 2nd house is empty, but its cusp in Capricorn which is ruled by Saturn... I haven't really made any progress in understanding what that means for me. Anyway, I'm just saying, I suppose, that it's interesting how different combinations can have similar effects.

Actually, now I look at my chart, I'm seeing more and more parallels/symmetries. My 8th house cusp is in Cancer, which rules the 4th house, and my Aries Saturn is in the 4th... This is when astrology gets exciting! There's so much complexity and reverberations as you bounce around a chart! :D

I also re-read part of a solar return reading I bought for my year that's just finishing (July birthday), and it says a lot about retreating to my comfort zone, in private, and feathering my nest or refurbing it, rather than putting myself out there. This is having my Sun in the 4th in the SR chart, if I remember right. Next year my Sun will most likely be in the 1st, and then in the 10th (ruled by Saturn), which sounds like 'self-starting' and 'relate to the world out there' followed by 'career', which is a relief! I've been wondering why it feels wrong to start up the work from home that I've been considering for ages, and this makes enough sense of it that I feel I can take the pressure off myself.

Ace

I always come on the forum (I try to come on once a day to make sure I contribute to the Contest thread) and click on New Posts. That gives me EVERYTHING that people have contributed to since the last time I was here. I run through them and when something resonates, I answer it. Needless to say, I never post on Lenormand Readings posts and rarely on some other places. But as I have said, the Saturn return is something I KNOW about, so I spoke up. With the caveat that I don't like astrology. My friends in a tarot club used to tease me that I talked more about Astrology than anyone else. And maybe it is true I have a mixed feeling about it. But there it is. I wanted to start with an honest statement, so I did.

barb

MandMaud

I always come on the forum (I try to come on once a day to make sure I contribute to the Contest thread) and click on New Posts. That gives me EVERYTHING that people have contributed to since the last time I was here. I run through them and when something resonates, I answer it. Needless to say, I never post on Lenormand Readings posts and rarely on some other places. But as I have said, the Saturn return is something I KNOW about, so I spoke up. With the caveat that I don't like astrology. My friends in a tarot club used to tease me that I talked more about Astrology than anyone else. And maybe it is true I have a mixed feeling about it. But there it is. I wanted to start with an honest statement, so I did.

barb

I wasn't objecting to your preference at all, just puzzled at reading about something you hate but you have made sense of it for me. :) And your contribution is valuable, and brave, so thank you. :)

Assena

Ha, my Saturn is in Scorpio... I believe in the 2nd house. So restrictions and structure and hard lessons, specifically around money and stability, self worth and values.

I have Saturn in Scorpio too, and the other day I kept thinking about my Saturn roeturn since a close friend is going through his and it doesn't seem is going hard for him since my perspective, of course; he doesn't speak about feelings nor goes deep about what's going on in his life (Gemini Sun).

Mine went from January 2013 to October 2013, my Saturn is also in the 8th house, so now that I think about it, it was about overcoming my fears, the fear of losing stability, to be left out in the cold, not having a helping hand, I didn't have a stable home at the time, I had money problems, I did things that I didn't imagine I could do, some of them harming, would I do them again? I don't think so. But I'm still learning from it. I still get horrible absurd nightmares, they used to scare me a lot, now I know they will be a part of my life and I'm learning to handle them and to know that all that happens in my dreams stay there, in my mind.