Pendulum:Who are you speaking with?

MsAnon

Gathering perspectives on pendulums.
I've seen that people use their pendulums in many different ways. For some it is similar to a Ouija Board, in that they are communicating with spirits and other realm beings inhabiting the same space, to others they use it to communicate with their own higher consciousness, and for some they invoke some form of deity.
For some it is important that the pendulum be copper or a metal, as a conductor of electricity to take in the spirits they speak with directly. Others they use gemstones to correspond to the being they are wishing to invoke.
How would you say you use yours? Do you have thoughts on other uses you've heard described? Have you wished to expand their use?

dryadintheelm

I choose to speak directly with my intuition, and have blessed my pendulum to speak to no other but me. But, part of my goal in using the pendulum has a lot less to do with confirmed knowledge and a lot more to do with tapping in to my own abilities. Talking to spirits seems like it would be letting someone else do my homework. Plus, I've had experiences that leave me less than trusting.

Onion Budgie

I knew very little about pendulums when I first began working with one, less than six months ago. I had watched several videos on YouTube, and listened to other users talking about intuition, and how this essentially guides the pendulum.

I appreciated all this, but as I began to use my pendulum I couldn't help noticing that the pendulum itself would seem to be drawn almost magnetically, i.e. in a way that I shouldn't be able to manoeuvre simply from holding a dangling chain with a crystal at the end of it. It felt to me that something other than intuition was at work here. :) After a little more experimentation, I asked the pendulum to use the alphabet chart to tell me its name, if it had one. It spelled out the name "Angel". And that made me laugh, for some reason. :D

I've been careful since then to always ground myself before using my pendulum, and to say a few words asking that only well-intentioned energies come forward. I've not experienced anything uncomfortable or negative, I'm happy to say. My pendulum has proven very helpful -- particularly in locating lost objects!

That's how it works for me, at any rate. Everyone is different. :)

bluelagune

When I was growing up we had this game where you hang sizors on a thread, same idea as pendulum and you ask questions. It was only a game but I know a few people swear by it. My best friend had her husband initials predicted that way.

The one I tryed was with another person, where both hold pencil ends together and see where it shifts. We talked to some guy. Ive never had anyone by that name in my family but the end we kinda got bored. However, the guy who bought that house from my family 30 years later was with same name. Dont know if that is coincidence but it was worth mentioning.

Deoiridh

Gathering perspectives on pendulums.
I've seen that people use their pendulums in many different ways. For some it is similar to a Ouija Board, in that they are communicating with spirits and other realm beings inhabiting the same space, to others they use it to communicate with their own higher consciousness, and for some they invoke some form of deity.
For some it is important that the pendulum be copper or a metal, as a conductor of electricity to take in the spirits they speak with directly. Others they use gemstones to correspond to the being they are wishing to invoke.
How would you say you use yours? Do you have thoughts on other uses you've heard described? Have you wished to expand their use?

The first pendulum I owned was one I purchased. There was a selection of maybe a dozen or so, and this one seemed to call out to me. It was a carnelian point, with a chain that was also meant to wear as a bracelet, if desired, with round carnelian beads. I tried working with it a few times, but it never seemed to click with me. Then, a friend gave me one with a rainbow moonstone. It jumped around at the end of its chain as soon as I took it out of the bag! I asked it to show me yes/no, and it was very responsive. So that's the one I prefer to work with now.

I use mine as a way to tap into my higher self/collective unconscious/akashic records. I don't want to be involved with any spirits. I ask the question and close my eyes so that I can't see the movement of the pendulum. I focus on the question for several seconds, then open my eyes and observe the movement. So far, I've only used it for practice. I ask my friends to give me yes/no questions to which they know the answer.

Mr. Woolery

I see it as a tool for talking to my inner self.

I use two. One is a metal commercial pendulum shaped like a carpenters plumb bob. The other I made of a quartz bead and a labradorite bead on a chain. Both work well.

I have been playing with some ideas for different ways to use mine, but I don't have anything worth sharing yet.

Patrick

Fullmoonmomma

Yes I believe it is from myself.

I love pendulums it is my favorite divination!

When I was pregnant Its how I found out I was having a girl, and that she would come early.

Mine was rose quartz. I just wanted a crystal one because I believe in their power to aid.

actually haven't seen it in months come to think of it o_o

SweetSiren

I've used one I made from a spare key and a chain. It was a bit bulky and slightly inconvenient, but when it wanted to work, it did.

It was fun at first, but I couldn't think of any creative uses and lost interest. I personally think it's just a way of tapping into our intuition.

classy

I get both yes's and no's for the same question,so i stopped using my pendulum lol
I think pendulum is not for me :D

BlackbirdAeden

To me, a pendulum can and will have any effect you wish it to have. I personally, like some others here, use mine to speak with my own intuition and nothing else. If you look at it as though something else is in control, then it is. But only you can give up control of it.

There are many benign existances that can be drawn towards a wholesome practitioner, answer questions accurately and guide the practitioner down a good path.
However, there are also many malevolent existances that may trick and deceive even the most cautious of practitioners. As such I like to advise anyone curious about pendulum magic and dowsing to, at least at first, limit your practice to your own intuition only.

From my own experience with a pendulum, your intuition can answer questions about anything you have observed. Objects and substances can be located at distance, people can be located and tracked. Seemingly random events may be predicted or motioned to by the pendulum. I also find reflecting on tarot spreads with a pendulum to be very insightful.