De ja vu

MissChiff

I was in a house fire in 2009. I spent a year in the burn unit and the a year in rehab. Well since then I think in having a lot of de ja vu at least 15 times a week also my readings are crazy spot on. Any ideas? Why this might be going on.

MissChiff

Well I have really thought about this and I'm sure my reading has improved because that's all I had to do when I was laid up. Read and play with my cards. The de ja vu now that's really left me unsettled.

RiverRunsDeep

Hi MissChiff,

I'm not sure if this will help, but..... I was a nurse for just over 10 years
and worked mainly with cancer patients. Obviously not the same as a
burn unit, but I think that people who experience serious injury or life-
threatening illness come very close to the veil that separates our world
from the other side. My patients who were on the unit the longest became
"different" over time, more in touch with their own mortality, more self-aware,
and many times more deeply spiritual. Maybe this is what happened to
you on the burn unit? I would imagine this type of experience would kickstart
intuition into high gear.

I am not sure if de ja vu is related to intuition. (?) Maybe you could journal when these incidents happen to see if there is a rhyme or reason to them.

danieljuk

Hi MissChiff, I am sorry to hear about your fire and burns :(

I personally believe that certain things in our lives can cause us to have more synchronicities and I include that with Deja Vu. When people have a life changing event, they often become more open to themselves and their spirituality. Many people find religion or beliefs to help them then. As well as a life changing event, I think using divination and being open and exploring your spirituality also causes this.

I am also getting this all the time but since getting into my spirituality and using divination. The more I get deeper into it, the more it happens! Ultimately all my "causes" are things that open you up to it and then you notice it happening around you more! Before this I repressed this side of myself and never noticed anything but closed myself to everything!

celticnoodle

MissChiff, I am also sorry to hear of your experience. That had to be very difficult for you and frightful too.

I very much agree with what both RiverRunsDeep and Daniel say about it.

Often this type of spiritual enlightenment or as you put it in your post, 'de ja vu' and 'readings are crazy spot on' may have to do with kundalini. Google this and read up on it and think about it. To me it sounds like your kundalini was awakened, both as a result of your traumatic experience of being burned and also as a result of you spending much time with the cards.

to quote the wikipedia on kundalini, which really sums it up well-

"Kundalini can be awakened by shaktipat—spiritual transmission by a Guru or teacher—or by spiritual practices such as yoga or meditation. Sometimes Kundalini reportedly awakens spontaneously as the result of physical or psychological trauma, or even for no apparent reason. When awakened, Kundalini is said to rise up from the muladhara chakra through the central nadi, called sushumna, inside or alongside the spine and reaching the top of the head. The progress of Kundalini through the different chakras leads to different levels of awakening and mystical experience, until Kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara or crown chakra, producing an extremely profound mystical experience.[citation needed]"

which you can find here at this site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini

MissChiff

Thank you for your insight peoples, it really means a lot to me that I did not hear the word CRAZY! My family has been batting around that word for the past year. They stand in line for me to read their cards they just don't want to hear my weird stuff. My little sister will call me up after midnight and want me to read her cards.you know how un-nerving it can be to hear that phone ring in the middle of the night. Thank you for your time.

celticnoodle

Thank you for your insight peoples, it really means a lot to me that I did not hear the word CRAZY! My family has been batting around that word for the past year. They stand in line for me to read their cards they just don't want to hear my weird stuff. My little sister will call me up after midnight and want me to read her cards.you know how un-nerving it can be to hear that phone ring in the middle of the night. Thank you for your time.

:laugh: I can so relate to this! My family was always calling on me to read their cards for them. My mother use to read, but never for family--some sort of ancestral/family 'rule'. But, I don't see the issue for doing so. That was until I just got tired of them asking for a reading from me (free of charge of course) and then laughing at me doing all this stuff--even though my mother, her sisters and parents, cousins, aunts and uncles were all psychic mediums who also read for the public. My one sibling would drill it into her kids heads "not to talk about Aunt "N", as we don't want the neighbors to know." :rolleyes: I use to laugh at them for that, but I also got tired of it. I do NOT read for them anymore and they do not ask. My mother use to ask for and receive a monthly detailed reading. Such a relief that I don't have to do them anymore. Most of when I ever heard from them was when they wanted a reading. Other then that--I rarely ever heard from them. This is what finally helped me to say 'no more!'

However, no one ever called me up after midnight, (heck, not even after 10pm) to ask for a reading.

Debra

I started to have frequent, very unsettling deja vu experiences a couple of years ago--worrisome. I was also experiencing disorganized thinking, and fumbling for words, a few other symptoms that made me feel ungrounded. I had a day of psych tests for memory and cognition--because I felt my deja-vu was a sign of memory problems--that is, I couldn't "remember" if I'd actually experienced something before, or where that feeling of familiarity was coming from.

I never thought this was crazy, but it didn't seem like the "normal" deja-vu, either. I know that perception and feeling are always in flux, but this felt much too problematic. I don't think it correlates with my intuition, which comes and goes in its own cycles.

The upshot of this deja-vu, for me, was simply--stress. When I'm stressed, my brain doesn't work so well. When I'm not under stress, I'm better, and happy. I didn't think I was that stressed out, but I was.

I'm guessing the fire was an incredible life-changing event for both your body and your brain. This is real and not "crazy" but is it something you like? Here is the best thing I've read about it: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/02/magazine/02dejavu.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

:heart:

celticnoodle

wow, Debra, what an interesting article! thanks for sharing it.

MissChiff

Debra, they put me on a couple of antipsychotics. Uckky feeling. It did not help. I did sleep a lot and I had very strange dreams. Great article. Thank you for sharing.