A dream about intuition and "psychic" abilities

Meditarot

This was an interesting dream. I have really rarely dreams about tarot or of intuitive abilities, so these are always welcome dreams, even though the dream had a somewhat cautious atmosphere. Perhaps it was about my fears of "opening" about my intuitive abilities towards other people, or perhaps I'm still researching these abilities of mine, not yet knowing them so well. Perhaps my I'm doubtful if these even are actual intuitive abilities and I'm just fooling myself or that I'm "crazy", and this is what was the dream's atmosphere.

- I was in my childhood home, that much I can tell of the environment. But it wasn't that familiar to me. It felt like the home was "out of place" and it wasn't really my home but someone else's. It felt a little bit like a ward too, though I'm not completely sure of this.

There were other people there, though I didn't recognize them fully. I think they were some of my study colleagues, but they were different looking, kind of like patients.

It was a really "dreamy" dream, I couldn't be sure of anything.

The conversation had turned to intuition, and one of the persons in the room, a woman whom I felt like she was a person whom I know, a certain strong willed and temperamental woman, said,

"I have this"

She opened her mouth and a warm light, deep orange with hints of white in colour, emanated from the back of her mouth or her throat.

Thinking of it now, it reminded me of the throat chakra. Perhaps she was "showing" her throat chakra which is very dominative in her.

The second woman was sitting by a chair and she said in a silent but determined way,

"I can break machines when I really concentrate my mind."

This felt a bit dubious for me in the dream, like "Why or even how would you do that?"

It felt like she was straight out of a Matrix-movie, from the spoon-scene.

I answered to her,

"I do not have any kind of powers like you have here, but I do read tarot cards and I've read succesfully many times. Sometimes the cards have shown something and just that has happened sometime after."

An old man appeared in the room and he said something very conservative, which felt out of place, like he thought he was lessoning us but he was actually just conservative in his opinions. I don't remember what he said.

That's the end of the dream.

celticnoodle

The conversation had turned to intuition, and one of the persons in the room, a woman whom I felt like she was a person whom I know, a certain strong willed and temperamental woman, said,

"I have this"

She opened her mouth and a warm light, deep orange with hints of white in colour, emanated from the back of her mouth or her throat.

Thinking of it now, it reminded me of the throat chakra. Perhaps she was "showing" her throat chakra which is very dominative in her.
except that the throat chakra is represented by the color blue.

The orange color is a warm color--indicating affection and warmth and is generally known to increase abundance and harmony in your life. So, I wonder if this woman in your dream was demonstrating her ability to actually voice things that would make others feel warm inside and bring harmony to their lives as well as perhaps, inspiration to bring more abundance to themselves as well. All by her voice? just a guess. The 'hints' of white would suggest, I think spiritual faith. Peace, and innocence. Its pure and clean. So, she sounds like this ability of hers is true to pay attention to. It is pure.

The second woman was sitting by a chair and she said in a silent but determined way,

"I can break machines when I really concentrate my mind."

This felt a bit dubious for me in the dream, like "Why or even how would you do that?"

It felt like she was straight out of a Matrix-movie, from the spoon-scene.

I answered to her,

"I do not have any kind of powers like you have here, but I do read tarot cards and I've read succesfully many times. Sometimes the cards have shown something and just that has happened sometime after."

and, this woman in your dream sounds destructive. Possibly this dream is like the yin/yang, indicating you are in balance, or maybe they want you to make sure you do your best to be balanced. something about balance here. Like night/day and dark/light and hot/cold. Can't have one w/o the other.

An old man appeared in the room and he said something very conservative, which felt out of place, like he thought he was lessoning us but he was actually just conservative in his opinions. I don't remember what he said.

[/i]

That's the end of the dream.
and, perhaps the old man is just reminding you in your dream that you need to be sure about any changes you make/adopt. Weigh the pros and cons to it all and balance it against the traditional values you have been taught since a child, (which is why it was taking place in your childhood home). Also, keep in mind that to dream of your childhood home may be showing some desires to follow the way you were living at that time. Your family values that were instilled into you as a child there are important to you, so I think perhaps he was reminding you to keep all that in your mind when making the decisions.

Can it be that you were perhaps thinking of developing more "super natural" abilities, other then the tarot card reading? Maybe you were considering increasing your psychic abilities so that you could do psychic readings or crystal ball readings? that sort of thing? This dream just seems to be very much about developing other abilities and also remembering and staying true to what you were taught all of your life by your parents and family and upbringing.

Just my thoughts on it anyway. good luck in figuring it all out.

danieljuk

I think this is an anxiety dream and full of uncertainty, everything seems like your childhood home but it's all a bit strange and unsettling. If you search google you can find lots of people's essays and in depth analysis of the Matrix movies and one major theme of them is modern anxiety, what is virtual? what is real? I have friends on the internet that I share in their lives everyday and I do readings on AT for people I am not physically with or have met, is that real or virtual? It's uneasy just like your dream. What is the line of reality there, it's as confusing as the movies.

All of that line of reality/ virtual is a reflection of your thoughts and anxieties about your intuition and psychic abilities and I am in the same position with mine :) I get amazing things happen and strange things and some really amazing readings but sometimes I lose faith and don't believe in any of it. My confidence and beliefs go up and down and I think the same for you and here you are not sure about reality or non reality, that is the anxiety!

They can prove their abilities with definite evidence but it's hard to prove with divination or testing your abilities. If you do a reading for someone that turns out to be true, how can you know it's not just a fluke or random? That is the issue. I think this dream is about having faith in your abilities and it's okay to question them! But they are still going to be there anyway so you have to work out how to use them. It could also give you advice about how to improve your abilities.

Another interpretation is that psychic abilities are really knowing the unknown and knowing gives you control! Perhaps there is a fear in not knowing and it's an anxiety about the future.

The unsettling and confusing nature of the dream reflects how you are finding your intuitive journey but it will get clearer as you get more confident (well I think mine is :) ).

Meditarot

I'm very sorry it took this long for me to answer. Your answers have been in my thoughts, still.

except that the throat chakra is represented by the color blue.

Yes. This is true. I do not remember the chakra colours by memory. Perhaps the orange colour was there for a purpose.

The orange color is a warm color--indicating affection and warmth and is generally known to increase abundance and harmony in your life. So, I wonder if this woman in your dream was demonstrating her ability to actually voice things that would make others feel warm inside and bring harmony to their lives as well as perhaps, inspiration to bring more abundance to themselves as well. All by her voice? just a guess. The 'hints' of white would suggest, I think spiritual faith. Peace, and innocence. Its pure and clean. So, she sounds like this ability of hers is true to pay attention to. It is pure.

I actually had a reading session with EmpressArwen just days after seeing the dream, with pure coincidence (Her thread was open and I thought, "Well why not - let's try it." I didn't know what to expect and I put an open mind to it.

It ended up being a truly great thing, both for me and I think for her too. The reading she did brought clarity and calmness to me and helped me understand myself more in a spiritual sense too.

I wonder if the dream was linked to this.

and, this woman in your dream sounds destructive. Possibly this dream is like the yin/yang, indicating you are in balance, or maybe they want you to make sure you do your best to be balanced. something about balance here. Like night/day and dark/light and hot/cold. Can't have one w/o the other.

Perhaps this does mean that, even though I do not think about it that way, I should not become "crazy" and think I'm a superhuman of some sort. I should stay humble towards my abilities and remember to keep my feet on the ground.

and, perhaps the old man is just reminding you in your dream that you need to be sure about any changes you make/adopt. Weigh the pros and cons to it all and balance it against the traditional values you have been taught since a child, (which is why it was taking place in your childhood home). Also, keep in mind that to dream of your childhood home may be showing some desires to follow the way you were living at that time. Your family values that were instilled into you as a child there are important to you, so I think perhaps he was reminding you to keep all that in your mind when making the decisions.

I come from a family of people who are hard working and practical (Mainly Pentacles and Swords, with a hint of Wands. I see myself more as a primary Cups, secondary Swords -person). I did inherit the hard working -part, but I am anything but a practical person.

I sometimes link practicality to conservatism too, which may be a biased way of thinking, I admit.

The balance thing could be important. I really felt out of balance last spring and it made me miserable.

I don't know what was wrong but I just felt unbalanced. Romance issues put my thoughts away from things, made me feel negative and I focused on simply studying. Perhaps that was the problem.

Now that I'm more in tune spiritually again, I feel good about it.

Can it be that you were perhaps thinking of developing more "super natural" abilities, other then the tarot card reading? Maybe you were considering increasing your psychic abilities so that you could do psychic readings or crystal ball readings? that sort of thing? This dream just seems to be very much about developing other abilities and also remembering and staying true to what you were taught all of your life by your parents and family and upbringing.

Are you saying that I should develop these things or be wary about them? Because right now I feel that I am opened - or that I'm more or less ready at least for things like divination (but I need to practise of course)? I feel it's not just tarot readings anymore, but other things too like divination via meditation or lucid dreaming. I think I'm going to try a past life regression in the near future, too. I had the realization just a day or two ago.

I've had things like premonitive dreams before, but they happen at random and I feel like I have no control over them.
I feel like I could develop these things to learn more to control myself and learn, not just about myself, but about life too.

I think this is an anxiety dream and full of uncertainty, everything seems like your childhood home but it's all a bit strange and unsettling. If you search google you can find lots of people's essays and in depth analysis of the Matrix movies and one major theme of them is modern anxiety, what is virtual? what is real? I have friends on the internet that I share in their lives everyday and I do readings on AT for people I am not physically with or have met, is that real or virtual? It's uneasy just like your dream. What is the line of reality there, it's as confusing as the movies.

All of that line of reality/ virtual is a reflection of your thoughts and anxieties about your intuition and psychic abilities and I am in the same position with mine :) I get amazing things happen and strange things and some really amazing readings but sometimes I lose faith and don't believe in any of it. My confidence and beliefs go up and down and I think the same for you and here you are not sure about reality or non reality, that is the anxiety!

They can prove their abilities with definite evidence but it's hard to prove with divination or testing your abilities. If you do a reading for someone that turns out to be true, how can you know it's not just a fluke or random? That is the issue. I think this dream is about having faith in your abilities and it's okay to question them! But they are still going to be there anyway so you have to work out how to use them. It could also give you advice about how to improve your abilities.

Another interpretation is that psychic abilities are really knowing the unknown and knowing gives you control! Perhaps there is a fear in not knowing and it's an anxiety about the future.

The unsettling and confusing nature of the dream reflects how you are finding your intuitive journey but it will get clearer as you get more confident (well I think mine is :) ).

I think you are right, too.

The dream wasn't simply about abilities, it was also about my current state of thoughts.

I was still just a month ago unbalanced and did have existential anxiety (Where should I focus on? Should I really try to focus on getting into a relationship if it leaves me feeling unbalanced and negative about myself even trying to get into one? Are the succesful readings I do with tarot really valid or are they always just a coincidence? Why I haven't seen premonitive dreams in at least half years now, was it just a momentarily period of intuitiveness?)

Perhaps the dream was about these questionings, or it was a manifestation of these questionings.

"This person has spiritual abilities. This person is simply mental. Is there a difference, really?"

I think that for every person that I know, who could understand my abilities and practises, there is another one who would probably condemn me and tell me to get a grib on reality. Both type of persons are situated in my close social circle.
The potentially condemning people do not know about my hobby.

The dream could be about this too.

celticnoodle

Are you saying that I should develop these things or be wary about them? Because right now I feel that I am opened - or that I'm more or less ready at least for things like divination (but I need to practise of course)? I feel it's not just tarot readings anymore, but other things too like divination via meditation or lucid dreaming. I think I'm going to try a past life regression in the near future, too. I had the realization just a day or two ago.

I've had things like premonitive dreams before, but they happen at random and I feel like I have no control over them.
I feel like I could develop these things to learn more to control myself and learn, not just about myself, but about life too.

no problem about when you answered, and yes, I read through your thread with EA's reading. It was remarkable, I think!

Perhaps you should develop your other abilities or whatever you are interested in doing. It is a decision that you only can make and whatever you want to do, of course is available to you. If you wish to gain control of the dreaming, you may be able to do so through reading about how to get control of it and practicing. Whatever you are interested in. Yes, I am sure you can develop those things too--if you're interested in them. I'm sure you can find help here on A.T. too with whatever you choose to do. :)

Good Luck! and thank you for responding. :)