Tarot imagery + LBRP... and other things.

Tanga

Tarot imagery + LBRP... Ritual Time!

*(N.B. Uncertain whether this should be in the Thoth subforum - but leaving it here for now. It's about LBRP - but I'm not using a Thoth deck).

LBRP USING TAROT IMAGERY:

Following on from previous discussions about using tarot for spirit guides/ancestors, and thinking further on my practice of using a tarot deck as a ritual tool (ala Donald Tyson "Portable Magic - tarot is the only tool you need"), I have been toying with using a deck along with my personally modified LBRP (Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram).
I'd just like to share this here - seeing as I presently haven't any other peeps with whom I can share it.

HOW I DO IT:
Basically, I have a tarot deck selected for the purpose (Barbara G. Walker's Tarot).
As I go through the LBRP (this can be saying it in my head, out aloud, or reading it from a printed sheet) I lay down a card that represents each section or sentence, and study it at the-same-time as I'm thinking of/visualising the words I'm saying.
The card I select from the deck is an image which visually "matches for me" - and is not necessarily related to the meaning/associations of that card. So it's really just using the imagery as it best fits me, in that moment.

THE CARD LAYOUT:
I sort of lay them out in a pattern before me - so for instance, the 4 cardinal points - East (E), South (S), West (W) and North (N), I'll line up in their correct places on the visualised circle around me.
The directions of personal space - Before me (B4), Behind me (Bh), to my Right (R), to my Left (L), - and in my case Above (A) and Below (B) - I'll then lay out inside the circle and infront of me.
I may or may not use a "Within me" card (I). (7 is a magic number for me and any protective circle that I draw for myself will have 7 directions - copied from a Shamanic pattern. I don't always name the 7th - the "Within" - sometimes is just ME standing in the centre of it all).

X is where I'm sitting - Just because it's the best place due to the
shape and organisation of my room (working with what I have :) I'm sitting on my bed.
And ofcourse - the scale of the diagram is a bit incorrect. The cards are not that far away from me (or I wouldn't be able to see them :joke: I'm sure you can use your imaginations.).

S---------------------------W

--------------A---------------

--------------B4--------------

-------L------I-------R-------

--------------Bh--------------

--------------B---------------

-------X
E----------------------------N

My modified LBRP is an amalgamation of the Golden Dawn LBRP and the modified Dianic LBRP, with the addition of my own spirit guides (substituted for the 4 Archangels :) ).

N.B. - I'm well aware there may be some raised eyebrows to my modified LBRP.
:) In this case, please keep your horror to yourself. :)
I'm not a ceremonialist. I'm a simple HedgeWitch who has found a few ceremonial bits and pieces helpful to my personal practice.

Interestingly, and rather pleasingly - adding the cards to my practice in this way has so far made the process more "vivid and lasting" in my "minds eye" and awareness.
i.e. I really "feel" more that the whole creation process has stuck. Days later the effects are clear in my consciousness in a way that is different from previously.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hmm. To be further explored.
And I think I'll be trying this with various other spells (prayers if you like) and mantra's that I recite.

Anyone out there doing anything similar??