Is it a Hawk? Is it an Eagle?

Girl Archer

An eagle/hawk, sometimes a wolf- What does this mean?

Whenever I have closed my eyes and gone into a deep meditative trance state, I have always noticed a bird flying around. It felt like an eagle or a hawk to me. It feels like a She. Yesterday though, I heard a screeching type sound from her like she was about to attack me and I almost opened my eyes in alarm. She did not, however attack me. She just happened to be in a fierce mood... is She my Spirit Animal guide? What does this mean for me? Can anyone here account for her mood change yesterday?

Is She asking me to be more fierce, like her?

Please help me, my fellow AT-ers :)

Girl Archer

I did remember one more thing. She is not a vulture, and even if she is a predatory bird she does it in style. She feels proud and regal to me. A quiet sort of sophistication, she owns the skies and she is not ashamed to soar. Birds are supposed to be messengers, right? I always keep feeling like she has a message for me or maybe she is giving me a message that I am not hearing or seeing.

Maybe someone hear will crack the code for me :)

P.S. I also sometimes see foggy or cloudy images of a wolf along with her and sometimes without. What does this mean? Are they working in tandem to protect me? How do I connect with these noble guides of mine some more? I don't believe in wearing wolf claw or tooth jewelry. I tried going to the zoo to see if something special might happen but I only felt pity for the wolves, they were totally underfed. The kind I keep seeing is a kind, intelligent, also noble/regal looking wolf. His body is light grey coloured, while the part around his snout is white coloured fur. He has deep, calm wise eyes (for the life of me, I have never been able to see the colour of his eyes properly). He is certainly well fed and I sense some comfort when I look at him or feel his presence. She, the eagle/hawk however gives me mixed vibes :-/

Tigerangel

I think this is something that will be hard for others to figure out for you, I would see this as your spirit animals making themselves know to you, look up animal totems and find what these animal totems meanings and energies they carry are, then see if anything you read makes any sense or clicks for you, also maybe try specifically mediating on contacting them to see if they can gave you any clearer messages for you.

spookyboo22

Hi
A bird of preys mood can never be fully relied upon, no matter how trained
Just doing what they do

celticnoodle

The best way to figure it out is by meditating on it. Perhaps they will come to you in meditation. If they came to you while you were relaxing/sleeping, its because you are most able to receive them at the time. So, meditation could also do the same thing for you.

A few questions to ask yourself also, is do you see them in your daily life as well? Not just in real life--but do you see them in posters? pictures? in a book you are looking at? in advertising? but, also of course, in real life, too.

You should also google Eagle Power animal, Hawk power animal, and wolf power animal individually and read everything you can on these animals. But, meditation is probably the best way to see if they continue to come to you and perhaps give you their message. Or just to show themselves.

My son in law has a Hawk for a power animal. He has always had hawks around him. Still seems to as well. Whenever something BIG (good and bad) is about to come about for him in his life, he will notice a hawk sitting on the fence of his backyard. So, when he gets up for work and is making his coffee, he looks out the window. If the hawk is there, he is on high alert for the day and it always seems to be a major event. (Once, he was layed off for a few weeks, another time, something positive came to be for him that he didn't expect). At any rate, its always a big major life event about to come to him when he sees "his" hawk on the fence in their yard.

However, when he gets to work--(he works outside), he notices hawks (and so do all his work buddies) following him everywhere he goes. At least one, sometimes 3 or 4 or more. If he doesn't notice them, he can whistle, and then one shows up. Its really odd.

So, just be aware--of everything and see which one you see (or all 3 possibly, as you can have more then 1 animal with you at one time). But, DO read up on all of them - all about them, and what gifts they offer to you.

danieljuk

I think it's interesting to look up the properties for each animal, for example I think a Deer represents me and it's characteristics really match me.

There is lot's of websites on google if you search but here is an example -

Hawk -http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-hawk-meaning.html
Eagle -http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-eagle-meaning.html
Wolf - http://www.whats-your-sign.com/totem-wolf-symbols.html

obviously the most important thing is what they mean to you but I like to see lists of animal characteristics.

Look at the difference between the animals

A Hawk is historical symbol of a soul and rebirth (and death to some civilisations). They are also some of the most trainable birds of prey and when they have a bond with a human owner, that is for life. Of the birds of prey they have some of the very best eyesight and so an important characteristic is observing everything going on.

An Eagle is similar to the Hawk and again about that keen awareness but they are much bigger than the Hawk! It's amazing they can fly off the ground with those majestic wings. America has an Eagle as it's symbol and it represents power and authority. There is opportunities and protection there.

The Wolf is a pack animal, fiercely loyal with it's bonds. They are intelligent and cunning in how they act. They have a bad image and hated but also loved and have an important role hunting. There is the old Celtic idea that the Wolf eats the Sun every night for the moon to come :)

These animals can all be quite fierce in how they hunt and yet are also intelligent. There is a link between them all for me and your dream / meditation. This is about awareness and looking what is going on. What are you missing? You opened your eyes at the she bird, the message here for me is to open your eyes and watch what is going on in an intelligent way. I think this might be a spiritual thing, they are trying to give a message or contact with you more but maybe in normal life, they are asking you to look out! just my ideas :)

Girl Archer

I think this is something that will be hard for others to figure out for you, I would see this as your spirit animals making themselves know to you, look up animal totems and find what these animal totems meanings and energies they carry are, then see if anything you read makes any sense or clicks for you, also maybe try specifically mediating on contacting them to see if they can gave you any clearer messages for you.

Thank you for responding Tigerangel, I was replying and then my battery died yesterday. What kind of specific meditations do you use? Do you keep a picture of the totem and then meditate upon it/ Light candles? Use mood music? Do you know of any good, sensible, accurate websites for this? Nowadays just about anyone with a Net connection can put stuff on the internet and one has to be very careful about filtering:)

Hi
A bird of preys mood can never be fully relied upon, no matter how trained
Just doing what they do

Right you are spookyboo, but when your spirit animal/bird behaves differently I believe it is carrying some kind of a message. I was just wondering what that might be. Thanks for chiming in, spookyboo!

The best way to figure it out is by meditating on it. Perhaps they will come to you in meditation. If they came to you while you were relaxing/sleeping, its because you are most able to receive them at the time. So, meditation could also do the same thing for you.

A few questions to ask yourself also, is do you see them in your daily life as well? Not just in real life--but do you see them in posters? pictures? in a book you are looking at? in advertising? but, also of course, in real life, too.

I don't always get them during meditation, but sometimes during tough times, I feel like a comforting presence is watching me, yellowish eyes really and somehow the oddest sense of calm washes over me and I feel re-assured. But I mostly get these images while doing the Throat Chakra meditation, which reinforces the belief that it is something communication related. That perhaps they are trying to communicate something. I have never seen one in real life, apart from in a zoo. I live in the city, so even seeing a pigeon or sparrow is extremely rare. The only bird we get here is usually crow.

You should also google Eagle Power animal, Hawk power animal, and wolf power animal individually and read everything you can on these animals. But, meditation is probably the best way to see if they continue to come to you and perhaps give you their message. Or just to show themselves.

Are Power animals the same as Animal Totems/Animal Spirit Guide? What's the difference?

My son in law has a Hawk for a power animal. He has always had hawks around him. Still seems to as well. Whenever something BIG (good and bad) is about to come about for him in his life, he will notice a hawk sitting on the fence of his backyard. So, when he gets up for work and is making his coffee, he looks out the window. If the hawk is there, he is on high alert for the day and it always seems to be a major event. (Once, he was layed off for a few weeks, another time, something positive came to be for him that he didn't expect). At any rate, its always a big major life event about to come to him when he sees "his" hawk on the fence in their yard.

However, when he gets to work--(he works outside), he notices hawks (and so do all his work buddies) following him everywhere he goes. At least one, sometimes 3 or 4 or more. If he doesn't notice them, he can whistle, and then one shows up. Its really odd.

Absolutely! Almost spooky! But I have never had encounters like that, IRL. If I did, (with a wolf), my first instinct would be to freeze probably and hope to God that I don't get attacked by it :laugh:

I think it's interesting to look up the properties for each animal, for example I think a Deer represents me and it's characteristics really match me.

There is lot's of websites on google if you search but here is an example -

Hawk -http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-hawk-meaning.html
Eagle -http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-eagle-meaning.html
Wolf - http://www.whats-your-sign.com/totem-wolf-symbols.html

Thank you for sharing these links :)

obviously the most important thing is what they mean to you but I like to see lists of animal characteristics.

Look at the difference between the animals

A Hawk is historical symbol of a soul and rebirth (and death to some civilisations). They are also some of the most trainable birds of prey and when they have a bond with a human owner, that is for life. Of the birds of prey they have some of the very best eyesight and so an important characteristic is observing everything going on.

An Eagle is similar to the Hawk and again about that keen awareness but they are much bigger than the Hawk! It's amazing they can fly off the ground with those majestic wings. America has an Eagle as it's symbol and it represents power and authority. There is opportunities and protection there.

The Wolf is a pack animal, fiercely loyal with it's bonds. They are intelligent and cunning in how they act. They have a bad image and hated but also loved and have an important role hunting. There is the old Celtic idea that the Wolf eats the Sun every night for the moon to come :)

These animals can all be quite fierce in how they hunt and yet are also intelligent. There is a link between them all for me and your dream / meditation. This is about awareness and looking what is going on. What are you missing? You opened your eyes at the she bird, the message here for me is to open your eyes and watch what is going on in an intelligent way. I think this might be a spiritual thing, they are trying to give a message or contact with you more but maybe in normal life, they are asking you to look out! just my ideas :)

Thank you, they really gave me so much to think about. I really liked that old Celtic story :) It was a lovely share. This kind of perspective is exactly what I wanted, and was hoping to hear from :thumbsup:

Tigerangel

Thank you for responding Tigerangel, I was replying and then my battery died yesterday. What kind of specific meditations do you use? Do you keep a picture of the totem and then meditate upon it/ Light candles? Use mood music? Do you know of any good, sensible, accurate websites for this? Nowadays just about anyone with a Net connection can put stuff on the internet and one has to be very careful about filtering:)

Hi, I use Native American chant music for some of my mediations and normally listen to YouTube for them, I don't have any websites for totem/power animals as there is a quite a few around, I cannot vouch for any of their credibility but mediation is a very personal thing, I like candles and incense when I meditate as it does help me relax more, I'm especially fond of using dragons blood and Jasmine.
You could use a picture or ornament of your animal if you would feel it would help you focus more, but it's not necessary.
You will find a routine/ritual for mediation that will work for you it's just a case of trail and error till you find what works for you best.

Dartellus

Hi Girl Archer!

I had a lot of contact with shamanism some years ago and my animal of power was the Eagle.
I don't see it the eagle as aggressive, but a wise animal.
The eagle lives on the sky, flying, see everything around her...but comes to the earth to eat.

When i was on her "care", it was the period that i had a gigantic spiritual growth. You, indeed, see everything from above. I wouldn't say that you will be "reborn", but you change a lot.

It tried to attack you? Don't fear, let it happen...see where it takes. See what she is trying to say to you. Maybe is saying: "I'm here to take you to a new place...let me get inside of you...".

Try to meditate about her and even ask "Why you are here? What you want with me?".

Again, if it's a eagle, it's coming a great period of spiritual growth to you.

I hope it helps!

See ya!