How do you store your cards?

ldiddy

Years ago I stumbled on a slew of those fake books with the hidey-hole compartments inside, and they are just snazzy for stowing my cards. I don't like bags (not my bag, baby), but I keep each deck inside its own "book" with a sort of talisman. For example, one deck resides with a packet of XX gold leaf left over from my arts-n'-crafts days; my Pierre Madenié 1709 is tucked away with a pair of metal rattles from New Year's Eve 2000; my knockabout RWS from 25 years ago is with a set of keys from my first car.

What a fabulous way to accessorize decks and give purpose to fun knick-knacks. I love it!

I have a dining room which is used as a hobby room I and my kids are much more into tarot, boardgames, and puzzles than cooking. I have a large armoire which is used to house the tarot and puzzles. I bought a cedar box from Amazon, but alas, it can only contain 4 decks. This box, while small, is nice for the decks I want "out" at any given time and I enjoy the earthy smell.

My mother is a crochet master, so I've asked her to make a few bags (plus a box for RWS) and she has kindly obliged. I can't imagine any better surrounding for my decks than something she made, although.....

A friend brought back some green tea from Taiwan and as soon as I saw the box, I knew it was going to house Shadowscapes which I bought with the book and was only in a bag.

Attachments

• tea box.jpg
    tea box.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 202

jolie_amethyst

Working decks get a custom bag of some sort (I really love the ones from Wyldechilde Creations on etsy) and get stored in a large leather basket that came with some gift of bath goodies years ago. Non working decks (I have very few of these) stay in their box or get bagged in simple bags if there was no box, and are stored in a small drawer directly below the shelf where paper versions of my Tarot books are kept.

Bags are all unique and the collection is reasonably small, so it's super easy for me to identify each deck at a glance. And having the basket gives me a specific place to return the decks to when I'm finished with them--otherwise they'd get left all over the place. Plus, it's portable, so I can read anywhere I want to in the house while still having them all easily available.

Le Fanu

A whole Tarot room!!
I have a Tarot room! It was part of the deal of moving in with my partner and putting my place up for rent. ONLY if I can have one of the bedrooms and transform it into a "Reading Room" (I call it euphemistically to guests - as if I read books there).

So yes, I have a nicely sized room with balcony and sofa and shelves and shelves and reading table and some of my antique treasures. For deck storage there really are just shelves and shelves and wooden trunks and more wooden trunks and vintage suitcases and tottering piles of spread cloths. Short of my favourite decks, it is very hard to locate any particular deck by name. I often just give up - and things eventually surface when I least expect it.

I so wish I had everything ordered and easily accessible but if I can't do it in a whole room with floor to ceiling shelving, it isn't going to happen, is it.

I have had to lock it of late because our dearly beloved doggy has already chewed to utter death two vintage (1920s!) decks and also a rare (but not vintage) one - which I'm trying not to think about. Given a chance he's in there dragging decks off shelves.

AnemoneRosie

I have a milk crate on its side (well, we have about a dozen milk crates on their sides, and each hold various things). But my Tarot milk crate (or cubby, really) has my decks still in their boxes (or bags - some are in bags) as well as some scarves that I read on. And my sketchbook.

The Happy Squirrel

In their original boxes. If I am working with them they are stacked naked in a large-ish wooden box. For very special ones I custom order either tins, envelope style gusseted pouches, or store them in vintage wooden boxes.

Sar

In their original boxes in my book case

Yelell

Found this at dollar general today for $1. It's like a cardboard shoe box type box, but much heftier and more sturdy. I thought, this might hold about 8 decks, and it does :) a little more girly that I usually go for, but it has gold accents, and I was just thinking I needed another little box.

DesertDream

Found this at dollar general today for $1. It's like a cardboard shoe box type box, but much heftier and more sturdy. I thought, this might hold about 8 decks, and it does :) a little more girly that I usually go for, but it has gold accents, and I was just thinking I needed another little box.

I have one of their boxes for tarot love it want to get another bigger one! Great deal! Mine says life is beautiful :D

http://postimg.org/image/jqv21kqkv/

http://postimg.org/image/z3e0rkgjr/

Mystica7

Well as long as they aren't in my wooden cabinet, they pretty much sleep with me.