A question about responsibility...

EmpressArwen

To mediums or psychics...

What are your thoughts on your personal responsibility to share the info that you have received? Let's say you get information that someone's family member is going to be in an accident. Would you tell the person you know no matter what? Even if you knew they do not believe in this stuff or they would find it offensive? Should you? What if you've been wrong in the past and don't really trust your own visions/gifts yet?

I'm struggling with this right now. I'd really appreciate your thoughts here.

Starri Knytes

I begin with a question...
Something like, Is everyone in the family okay? I had a dream, the feeling, or maybe I heard that there had been an accident. When they respond that no there hasn't been anything like that, then I say, You might want to take extra care when... driving, using equipment, hiking, or whatever the case may be.

These are often warnings of things that can be avoided if the person is cognizant. And who knows, a week or two down the road that person might come back and say, "Guess what happened after we spoke." or nothing at all happens, in which case, no harm no foul.

Hope that helps sweetie.

pageofswords9110

Not a psychic or medium.... But I would tell them to be extra careful. To take the necessary precautions when driving and stay alert. Especially if the person doesn't believe in this type of thing and you've been wrong in the past. Be extra concerned when saying it. It say more like I have a weird feeling about "" being in an accident but idk why.

Disa

I think you have to take this on a case by case basis, depending on who it is, how they may react, and how close you are to the person. I agree with the others that how you phrase it is really important. A delicately placed nudge in the direction of using caution or extra safety measures is probably okay. You just don't want to phrase it in such a way that causes alarm or influences the actual act to occur- a self fulfilling prophecy because they have what you said on their mind.

I think this is something we all struggle with from time to time, I know I certainly have. Best of luck to you with it.

danieljuk

Like Disa said, a case by case basis!
I think for my own conscience if I had such a message, I would have to pass it on in some form because what if it happened? I would rather forewarn and look stupid if it didn't come true, than live with the guilt if it did. You can tell them in ways which are not alarming and just to look out for something.

I have an example of this in my own life. In my first years on AT, I pulled a tarot card for myself for the day. My intuition was just beginning to happen and I was getting random Clairaudient messages with my divination and I was told that this cards message was for a specific friend who lived in America and not for me. Actually it was for the friends sister and it was about unethical behaviour in her work and she should becareful. I was quite naive then to everything and also I wasn't thinking about the person when pulling the card, it was just for me. So it was totally a random event for the person. I posted about it on AT for advice, should I tell the friends sister? I didn't really know her too well or her views on divination.

In the end I emailed the friend who I did readings for before and said I had this message for her sister and I am not 100% certain in my skills and she said you have to pass it on! So I did pass it on and the Sister didn't think I was totally crazy (which was my fear) and actually it was true! Her workplace was taking part in unethical ways of cutting jobs, they did this before about a year before this situation and the friend was careful not to get involved in it as she had issues about it. The message was a warning that it was going to be a second round and she not be involved in the companies possibly unethical behaviour. It was spot on for her in the corporate world. I am not sure why the message had to get to her but obviously chose someone (in a different country) who would pass it on.

Now to the psychic world, my situation was not life or death, it was just a warning that could affect her life. Mine was very clearly a message to her but what happens if you find out something outside of the directed message. Well in my opinion (who doesn't really get psychic /mediumship messages) there is a reason for everything and I think I would have to pass it on a very gentle carefully thought out way.

In my situation I felt much better for contacting her! I have never had a pushed through message for anyone else since. I can't help feeling there is a reason for everything and there is a reason for you knowing perhaps?

EmpressArwen

Thank you everyone. I believe you are correct in saying you would find a gentle way to pass it on. Unfortunately, I didn't do that and the worst happened. In the future I will...I'd rather live with embarrassment than regret., I do not get a second chance in this particular situation.

pageofswords9110

Thank you everyone. I believe you are correct in saying you would find a gentle way to pass it on. Unfortunately, I didn't do that and the worst happened. In the future I will...I'd rather live with embarrassment than regret., I do not get a second chance in this particular situation.

I'm so sorry to hear this ! Prayers and love being sent. You have to trust yourself more.

DownUnderNZer

With Mediumship you give what you get and sometimes a loved ones death isn't always passing away in one's sleep. I'm not talking of something yet to happen rather what has happened.

But it doesn't mean they show you every little thing- they might give glimpses and then the crucial physical pain or the emotional. Depends.

Some times you get a lot- sometimes just a fraction.

And as for the sitter you just have to be careful and mindful of what is shared as s/he might not be ready or at an emotional/psychological place to listen to messages etc. :)

queenxofxwands

Perhaps the reason you didn't pass it on, was because it wasn't changeable anyway, and may have caused undue alarm. Sometimes the forewarning is just there to prepare the person seeing it. Sometimes there is regret in telling too. It's a hard call sometimes. Seeing the future, is a blessing and a curse, for want of better words. Sometimes it's of no benefit at all. Like when seeing an accident before it happens, then seeing the scene a week later, knowing nobody involved, well, what's the point of that and how to be responsible for that? My point is, just because you see it, does that automatically make you responsible for that person. No, it doesn't. You can choose to be, based on what you know, but it still doesn't mean that you are, just that you've chosen to feel that way. I hope you feel better soon.

danieljuk

(((Arwen))) this isn't black and white, it's a difficult personal dilemma and we are always learning and there is no easy way to deal with this! :heart: