The Hair on the Wall

firemaiden

It is time for the Great, Delusional and sometimes Ribald Firemaiden to share some of her deep dark secrets. It is time for me to confess… WARNING, the following is not for the faint of heart!

My confession is:
  • I read hair.

No, not just any hair!! I couldn’t possibly do it with someone else’s pathetically short, or thin and scraggly hair… no, no, no, no, my own, long, and coarse as though it came from a yak, sopping wet in the shower, loose hair, twisted, pulled out, and plastered on the tile wall of the shower… so it doesn’t go in the drain.

The blobs of hair make people and scenes – every day!! For example, very often, I see …. OOPS, SORRY, I cannot describe this here.

But anyhow, today I saw two winged fairies, playfighting and dancing on top of one another. Then there was also a soldier riding an elephant. The elephant was walking away, he had a big clump on his left back foot.

He might have been riding an elephant, or he might have been sitting atop an enormous parrot guarding an egg.

Unfortunately, before I read the hair, I always forget to ask a question, so I do not know what it is the answer to. Never forget to ask the question…

Alas. Why do you read? Umbrae asks…

I think I have my answer now! The Answer is the Question!...

Whom does the Grail serve?

Melissa`

oh gosh, I love your posts firemaiden!

I laughed the entire time reading it. Yet, I do the same. Nope, not reading it. But the "plastered on the shower tile so it doesn't go down the drain", of course tossing it after I get out of the shower.

I think next time, I might stop, look.. see what I could possibly see in the dark mess!

Melissa

Nevada

Finally, something to do with the hair in the shower. Thank you, O Great Oracle of Fire!

Nevada

lark

If we are confessing I have been reading floor linoleum for years.

Imagemaker

Ah, yes, in my bathroom linoleum, right in front of my sitting position, facing left (so she doesn't see the actual Act), is a perfect portrait of a nun/Madonna (the original), hair covered with a wimple.

I don't tell the locals for fear they will form crowds and litter my yard with crutches. But indeed, she is there where I can contemplate her at length.

She's probably looking for Signs in the hair on the floor.

mercenary30

OMG

I am getting way too many pictures in my head people...... :|

I have read the patterns on the floor before, and when I was a kid I had a whole constellation of pictures mapped out on the walls of my bedroom. Some of them where eerie as I lay awake and stare at them late at night.

As for hair in the shower, the hair is always in the drain catcher and I pull it off to let the water flow out, so it ends up a big pile on the edge of my tub. Not very readable though........

Gee Firemaiden, maybe you could snap a few pics and give us walk though of your reading. (just be careful of any accidental mirror reflections that may occur, not that some of us would mind much.....hehehe)

firemaiden

ROFL, What wonderful answers. I love all of you. You are so much fun!! (((((you guys))))

HudsonGray

I can't read mine, they're all too short to make shapes & always seems to end up in the letter "C". Can't read the cat hair either, that stuff is straight as toothpics & not very clear (too much extra undercoat muffles the guard hairs), they all lay at random anyway.

Oh wait...C! C for cat! Duh.

firemaiden

HudsonGray said:
Oh wait...C! C for cat! Duh.

ROFLMAO are you sure it isn't C for "come feed me crab-cocktail?"

Nevada

A Miracle!

Imagemaker said:
Ah, yes, in my bathroom linoleum, right in front of my sitting position, facing left (so she doesn't see the actual Act), is a perfect portrait of a nun/Madonna (the original), hair covered with a wimple.

I don't tell the locals for fear they will form crowds and litter my yard with crutches. But indeed, she is there where I can contemplate her at length.

She's probably looking for Signs in the hair on the floor.
LOL! I didn't read this one through well enough the first time. Imagemaker, I laughed so hard just now I'm certain the neighbors must've heard. They'll spread the word and organize a pilgrimage to your bathroom within the hour. Sorry! :D

BTW I read the woodgrain on my bathroom door. I see different faces there each time. No Virgin Mary, but a few little faery-like shapes. :)

Nevada