Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 212 : August 22 - August 28

GoldenWolf

Kitty Kahane for me this week, thank you, VG!
This colorful, funky little deck seems to read well right out
of the box, so I'm looking forward to spending the week with it!

I enjoy this deck more than I ever dreamed I would when I picked it up on a whim at Half Price Books. I am surprised that it doesn't get more love and buzz here on the forum. Hope you like it as much as I do!

GoldenWolf

When I got home from the weekend, my Llewellyn sale order had arrived. So I am in this week with the Fey Tarot from LoS. Thanks!

JylliM

In the words of Kramer, "I'm out!"

Life's too short, so out with the Sacred Rose and in with someone pretty! Victorian Fairy.

Madrigal

In the words of Kramer, "I'm out!"

Life's too short, so out with the Sacred Rose and in with someone pretty! Victorian Fairy.

Lol, I remember that Seinfeld episode :joke:

Victorian Fairy is a charming deck with some real substance to it :thumbsup:

RiverRunsDeep

I posted a daily draw from today in the DOTD thread and a dilemma I'm having with a specific card. If anyone has any thoughts on it I would appreciate any input.

Posted a few thoughts on the daily draw thread. :)

I enjoy this deck more than I ever dreamed I would when I picked it up on a whim at Half Price Books. I am surprised that it doesn't get more love and buzz here on the forum. Hope you like it as much as I do!

I am enjoying it very much so far! It seems to make a great story-telling
deck. There is a lot of action in the images, and it's relatively easy to see
how the cards interact with each other.

I posted my daily reading.

JylliM

Lol, I remember that Seinfeld episode :joke:

Victorian Fairy is a charming deck with some real substance to it :thumbsup:

Yes, the Fairies did some good work today. And a great career reading the other evening. I love this deck so much that I'm seriously tempted to buy another one for backup but can't justify the expense, dammit!

DaughterOfDanu

I shuffled (Hand over hand type. Fairly good, but not thorough like riffle shuffle) for my morning reading and the cards I pulled were the same as yesterdays but in reverse order. Pretty puzzled over it and considering redoing the reading on the grounds that I hadn't shuffled well enough. What do you all think?

I feel that if I was to take the reading seriously, that the reversal of the cards would mean that I took yesterday's advice to an extreme. Especially since the cards that represent the "Good" and the "Bad" of the day are swapped, though not necessarily bad cards (Judgement and Ace of Cups).

Madrigal

I'm really enjoying the Hudes Tarot this week. The artwork is lovely in a very sober way, soft and full of quiet depth. The LWB has a Christian slant to it and, along with indepth interpretations of each card, the author has also included an affirmation and a prayer to use with them. I haven't worked with those beyond reading them to see what her takeaway is for the card in question. Some examples ::

Seven of Swords
Affirmation :: I carry what is useful to me--I let go of the rest.
Prayer :: Help me set aside old mental constructs so that movement occurs in the parts of my life that are currently too heavy to allow for new growth or movement.

Six of Wands
Affirmation :: I value my victories as learning experiences. I open my heart to all who have helped me be successful in this endeavor.
Prayer :: Help me acknowledge this success partly as my own effort and partly the gifts I have received from You (insert whatever sacredness works for you)

swedishfish612

I'm beginning to realize why I have a problem working with the Golden. See, I like Christian icons and imagery. I'm not Catholic now but I grew up in the Catholic church and I still very much enjoy the older Christian iconography. This should be a no-brainer deck for me. But when the man in the 5 of Cups is the Pope, I feel like that means something different than the regular RWS 5 of Cups. When a figure is an angel, I want to read more into that. When the Magician looks like Jesus, I can't let go and just read it as the Magician. And then I lose track of my thought because I'm going off on tangents and the readings get muddy and confusing.

As pretty as the artwork is, I don't think the Golden is destined to be a favorite for me, sadly. Unsure if I'll continue with it until Friday, or move on to another deck. I feel like I'm working too hard to make it work, but not a fun type of work...a "my head hurts" kind of work!

Madrigal

I'm beginning to realize why I have a problem working with the Golden. See, I like Christian icons and imagery. I'm not Catholic now but I grew up in the Catholic church and I still very much enjoy the older Christian iconography. This should be a no-brainer deck for me. But when the man in the 5 of Cups is the Pope, I feel like that means something different than the regular RWS 5 of Cups. When a figure is an angel, I want to read more into that. When the Magician looks like Jesus, I can't let go and just read it as the Magician. And then I lose track of my thought because I'm going off on tangents and the readings get muddy and confusing.

As pretty as the artwork is, I don't think the Golden is destined to be a favorite for me, sadly. Unsure if I'll continue with it until Friday, or move on to another deck. I feel like I'm working too hard to make it work, but not a fun type of work...a "my head hurts" kind of work!

The Golden is one of my 'top-ten' decks despite the appalling lamination and yet I can see how the imagery would be off-putting for someone working through their relationship to Catholicism as the religion they were raised with. I wasn't raised Catholic and thus don't have the baggage that seems to accompany that particular lineage. I have other baggage though :p Hoping you find a deck to work with this week that allows for some ease and joy :love: