Finding Querents?

Yukina

So I'm a fairly novice tarot reader and quite the introvert, and the list of people close to me interested in readings is very, very short, but I'd really love to get some proper reading experience. Outside of the readings exchange forum, does anyone have any tips on making yourself visible to people interested in readings or know of any good networks where I could offer readings for feedback?

DaughterOfDanu

Facebook has a bunch of groups where you can offer readings to others. Though I would make it clear you want feedback for them. :) You can also make a page for your readings there and others can follow your updates and offers.

HallowedNight

I do a lot of readings for friends on Tumblr, though it might be hard to get started if you don't already have an account. There are tons of great tarot/occult-ish blogs on there too~
If you'd prefer to do things in person, maybe look for an occult-ish store around your area that might let you sit in there and offer readings. (I don't know much about that though, I don't have any shops like that around me. ; -; )

Fiver

A great place to find open minded ppl that you could practice your readings on is the public library. You'd really be surprised how many you can do in a day if you're personable enough.

Another fun one is chat roulette. However you will probably have to do several readings for an onslaught of flaccid penises. But it is the risk you take on the roulette.

Citrin

Another fun one is chat roulette. However you will probably have to do several readings for an onslaught of flaccid penises. But it is the risk you take on the roulette.

That is just HILARIOUS! :D

nisaba

If you have charities or schools or something having fund-raising days, you could offer your services. :)

celticnoodle

A great place to find open minded ppl that you could practice your readings on is the public library. You'd really be surprised how many you can do in a day if you're personable enough.
Also, a book store. When I was first beginning to read the cards, I hung out a lot at our Barnes and Noble, which was a MASSIVE store. I picked a table in the corner and had my cup of tea from their cafe and would throw the cards, reading for myself and many people would come and ask me to read for them. It was also then that I decided to make up some business cards and I'd hand out two of them--one to keep and one to pass along to a friend, to each person who asked me about a reading.

Another great place to 'advertise' is at colleges. If you have some business cards, post them on a bulletin boards wherever they have them (generally in the main school building or each of the dorms). I would only post a few cards, 3-5 of them. College kids are quick to pick up on having a reading--and I would offer them a discount reading for only a few dollars. (since college kids are also generally poor).

Then, of course, stores, cafes--especially coffee and tea shops--you would need to speak to the manager there. And, then there are bars and some restaurants where you can offer readings at, after speaking again to the managers. They generally would ask for a portion of your money received. Mom and pop type restaurants are generally your best bet.

:laugh: