Palmistry newbie

chongjasmine

Hi,I am keen to learn palmistry.
What are some books you recommend for a newbie in palmistry?

cmarie

Hello there :)

I am still learning. What helped me the most were palmistry videos on youtube, there are some good ones. I'll watch them with a flashlight and examine my own hand while the lines are being explained. I did read some books too, and they were good - but watching palm reading in action helped me much more.

I can't remember which books I have read - it has been a while.

Just wanted to pass that along because that was so helpful to me. Have fun learning! It is fascinating!

Ace

Instant Palm Reader: A Roadmap to Life by Linda Domin

I had it as Palmascope and found it very useful
barb

Starri Knytes

I really enjoyed
Speed Learning Palmistry
by Julian Moore

Good luck sweetie..
Let me know if you'd like a scanned palm to practice on.

danieljuk

I have yet to buy a beginners book on Palmistry but I want to! But there is an excellent study guide on AT from past years discussing the main lines here. There is also some great websites out there with guides. I found one randomly that was interactive to take you through your lines. So do look around for different study places, you can learn Palmistry for free :)

cmarie

I have yet to buy a beginners book on Palmistry but I want to! But there is an excellent study guide on AT from past years discussing the main lines here. There is also some great websites out there with guides. I found one randomly that was interactive to take you through your lines. So do look around for different study places, you can learn Palmistry for free :)

Thank you for that link! I will be reading up on that for sure.

MandMaud

I got the book by Cheiro because it was free on kindle, and found it excellent (nothing else to compare with, mind you). Covered everything I'd come across over the years of dipping into the subject, and more, in a logical and straightforward way. With lots of diagrams. It's also on Project Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/20480?msg=welcome_stranger

I need to read it again, actually. :)

danieljuk

damn you MM, I now want a physical copy of Cheiro's classic book :) I just saw an illustrated copy on Amazon!

minotaur

It depends on if you want to learn it for yourself or if you want to read for others. If for yourself there are several good recommendations here.

If you wish to read for others that is different. Only one book mentioned will teach you to read for others. The rest are mostly "this means this" kind of thing. That leads to memorization without understanding. The book that will get you started reading for others is Julian Moore's "Speed Learning Palmistry in Your Own Words".

There is a two dvd set by Dean Montalbano that is worth hunting down if you want to go deeper. It teaches understanding. You will get the meaning of the line from where it starts, where it ends and what it does along the way. Other palm features are dealt with in a similar manner.

There is also a book by the same man on palmistry that teaches the same approach as the dvd set. You will have to look around a bit as these are no longer being published.

Then there is also this wonderful place....

http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/