someone's animal

MandMaud

Well, this is food for thought. (Pun, oops.)

which leads me to wonder: maybe you are meant to be the predator here, instead of the other way around? Obviously, you're the "victim" of his irresponsibility and bad attitude (I put that in quotation marks because I legitimately loathe that word and hate casting anyone in the typical stereotype that goes along with it), but that doesn't mean you're necessarily the prey, when it comes to your totemic relationship with him, at least not according to Andrews (who generally knows his stuff).

My point: maybe the reason why you're having a hard time figuring out his animal is because you should be focusing on "weaker", "prey-type" animals for him, instead of predatory-gee-I-want-to-eat-you-alive-type animals? I never would've thought of taking it in the opposite direction without an Andrews refresher.....

Really, really interesting. At first I thought you meant I need to use a predator self-image to strengthen myself - found myself thinking, I'm not prey until I get caught. ;) But you don't, do you? You mean I am the predator in the first place. That would explain the prey (being him) getting aggressive; it's normal when about to be eaten.

As it were. :p

The closest I'd got so far was thinking he may be rooster. Which surprised me, though it goes with being all mouth and no trousers, as the saying goes. })

I need to read 'Animal Wisdom'! It has been suggesting itself (in various ways, such as through you) for at least a year now. Thank you!

I will focus on this some more. The relationship/situation is stressing me a little less now, since I took the first step and have found out I won't be fighting The System *as well*, on top of fighting him - not only am I in the right, but it's nice and clear-cut and I haven't missed any deadlines for initiating action (which was a big worry). But I want to work with this until I understand it, because it's a replay of the longer relationship and I believe it will keep replaying until I "get it".

Iaconagraphy

My original plan was to come back and talk some more next Wednesday (my "Aeclectic Day", as we talked about elsewhere), but I had something super strange happen last night, so I wanted to run back over today and touch base!

That would explain the prey (being him) getting aggressive; it's normal when about to be eaten.

Exactly!!!!

The closest I'd got so far was thinking he may be rooster. Which surprised me, though it goes with being all mouth and no trousers, as the saying goes.

Which brings me to the weird thing that happened last night....

I was just sitting on the couch, watching SHIELD with my beloved, when it suddenly hit me, like a bolt out of the blue: "That guy is a weasel." I was totally vegging; not focused on our conversations here at all, and there was literally nothing going on on the television or elsewhere to have sparked this, and yet, there it was.

Now, often, I just have these "passing thoughts" and let them go--I'm a Gemini; passing thoughts happen to me ALL the time! lol But this one was just so out of the blue, and made SO much sense, that I had to come share.

WEASEL (from Jamie Sams' Medicine Cards)
Keynote: Stealth

Weasel has an incredible amount of energy and ingenuity. They tend to see through situations, and see what's really beneath the surface (which can make them great manipulators--my note; not hers). Weasel could confound Great Spirit, pick Great Spirit's pockets, and then leave Great Spirit contemplating the divine navel.

CONTRARY WEASEL: Watch out for intrigue. Don't lie to yourself or to others. Acknowledge WHY you have been doubting your feelings.

The primary predators of the weasel are owls (both barred and great-horned), coyotes, and red and grey foxes. (So you might also want to get in touch with those energies as your "allies" in this situation.)

Like I said, sort of a "bolt out of the blue"/"weird case scenario" (lol), but thought I'd put it out there for you, for whatever it's worth. :D

MandMaud

Thanks for popping back here, Iaconagraphy!

That contrary weasel description sounds very like my ex: "Watch out for intrigue. Don't lie to yourself or to others. Acknowledge WHY you have been doubting your feelings." - at least, like the learning curve he took me along and the things I'd learnt by the time I got out. Not sure this tradesman is a weasel, though... however, at first i thought my ex was the most straightforward of people ever, so I could be missing something.

When I thought rooster (which is still in my mind), I did think so what would that make me? The first thing that came to mind was fox. Only because I've never kept hens so my ideas come only from nursery stories (which are folklore, after all). The villain's almost always the fox - more clever, more dishonest, unsuspected by all the good guys. I happen to love foxes. We don't get coyotes here but we do have owls, and since moving to the country I've got used to hearing them and occasionally seeing one swoop across the road when I'm at the wheel (which is still a thrill as I grew up a townie). But only today, my eye was caught by an antique owl that resembled one that's been in my family for a long time... I'm wondering whether to go back and buy it, in fact. I wonder if I should spend tonight getting in touch with owl and then asking about this situation.

I get random passing thoughts constantly, too - Moon in Gemini. ;)

You reminded me of a friend who became a lawyer, married a lawyer, and at one time seemed to have no social circle except lawyers - I remember her commenting once, quite wryly I thought, how they all get to look like weasels after a bit... :D

Iaconagraphy

But only today, my eye was caught by an antique owl that resembled one that's been in my family for a long time... I'm wondering whether to go back and buy it, in fact. I wonder if I should spend tonight getting in touch with owl and then asking about this situation

I would totally encourage all of the above! I would also encourage you to explore fox, because it sounds like both may be just what you need to confront this situation. For the record: owls might raid hen-houses too; they definitely feed on the eggs of other birds (they're mortal enemies with crows for that very reason), and as far as I know, they will hunt smaller birds than themselves, in much the same way as hawks do.

Do let me know what you find out as you try going at things with this stuff!

MandMaud

As far as I remember (from almost a week ago), I completely forgot to remember to get in touch with owl! :laugh: But I did find out that if anything, I'm cat. In this particular relationship anyway. Not your wimpish domestic cat, but not one of the big cats either - probably therefore a wild cat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat

I haven't "gone deep" though. It's a horribly busy month - for good reasons, but turning out TOO busy - and I haven't been able to really settle into a good meditation or suchlike. However I do feel that things are going on, just not coming to my conscious mind.