Spirit Hotspots/Mediumship- what's it like for others?

ann0087

After responding to a different post on here about dreams, I got to thinking about spiritual hot spots, for lack of a better term that I can think of- places where I see or sense a lot of activity, and I was wondering what it's like for others. For me, I have on very few occasions seen "flesh and blood" looking spirits that are virtually impossible to distinguish from physically living beings- most recently in the police station where I work, and while hiking in a local park. The rest of the time, I can sense things and answer questions and even often picture the person in my mind, the same way I can picture a person I know or an actress, etc, but I don't physically "see" them like I would a person in front of me typically (though like I said, it's happened a few times).

I also frequently work in psychiatric hospitals and emergency departments, and despite what many popular tv shows, etc seem to depict- I very rarely pick up on any energy or spirits there, with the exception of a few instances where a patient has recently coded. However, my local library, the police station where I work, schools, farms and marinas are crazy active for me. I've also definitely noticed that either my perception is better around water, or water is just an all-around activity center. I've found far more things attached to objects than places too, especially old furniture and clothing. Also when I get messages, it's the equivalent of trying to understand someone talking on their bluetooth with bad reception- but again, it's not like I actually hear them, just kind of sense it. I don't know how to explain it.

Anyways- I was just wondering what it's like for other people- any places in particular that just hurt your head to visit sometimes due to all the blocking?

RiverRunsDeep

Just spotted this interesting thread! :)

There are no particular places where I have this experience; it happens
kind of randomly. And I don't see actual spirits, but I experience energy
very strongly.

I used to work in a nursing home where the top floor was more like an
actual house. It was very old with wooden floors, paint peeling off the walls,
etc. No residents lived up there. One day, a smoke alarm went off up there,
and as the nursing supervisor, I had to investigate while
someone else called the fire department. Thank goodness I took a few of the
other nurses with me! (There was no smoke or fire, btw) The air on that
upper floor was so dense, it was like trying to move through molasses. And
the deeper into the rooms I moved, the more the feeling increased until
I could move no further. I just....couldn't.

I experienced another incidence like this when I was touring a historic fort.
There was a "prison" room where the entrance was very tiny, only about 3
feet high. I remember my boyfriend laughing at me because I simply could
not enter that room. He kept saying, "There's nothing in there! It's just an
empty room!" No,no, no....it was NOT empty. I could only stick my head in
to take a quick peek; because the energy was so thick, it was like encountering a brick wall.

So that's the way I think I experience spirit presences: thick, dense energy
that makes me want to retreat. It has happened many times, but those were
the two most memorable.

ann0087

I know what you mean about the thick energy spots- that's a really good way to put it! Lorton Prison is very close to my house is now an arts studio and center, and although it's been renovated to be very bright and airy, there is one part of the gallery that just feels unbreathable to me, and several spots on the prison grounds (which are now hiking trails) that feel the same way.

EmpressArwen

I grew up in a very old house with an interesting history. During the Depression, many people lost everything. They would be sent to these "poor houses". Basically like an orphanage but for families and adults. They would work on the farm that these poor houses were located on. Many, many people died there due to age and illness. A family bought this place long after the Depression was over, converted it into a single family home. They lived there for a few years...and then my family bought it.

To say it was interesting growing up in this home would be an understatement. There were always strange feelings...like you were being watched...and a dense, almost electrical feeling in the air that was more concentrated in some areas than others. My bedroom was the hot bed of most of the activity. I don't know if it is because I was there (being sensitive to this sort of thing) or if, as we later found out, it was because my room was the dying room (kind of like an infirmary but where people who were very sick were sent to die...so a hospice type room).

Mostly I remember the whispers...hearing people talk at night. I would bury myself under the covers to try to tune them out. I slept with huge box fans going at full blast even in the winter...anything to drown out the noise. There was a little girl who would come sit on my bed. I could tell she was coming because my body would go numb right before she showed up. I was too scared to talk to her (I was only 8 or 9 when she came to me).

In my adult life, I still notice these dense, wavy, electrical areas....they are highly visible in the dark especially. I read a book where they described it as looking like electrical rain that was falling in all directions, even up. That is exactly what I see.

When my husband and I were looking for our first home...I had two instances where I was extremely frightened. The houses we looked at were all old and needed work, all were in country settings. The first one that scared me was strange because we walked in and I loved it instantly...until we got to the basement area. I felt like, much the way you described, I was walking through thick mud. I felt so heavy, could barely move or breathe. We left quickly...and did not return. eek.

The second was so perfect, it still makes me sad that we couldn't get it due to the feeling in there. Again, the air was really dense...but even more so than the first house. I also kept catching movement out of the corner of my eye, like something was tracking our movements...and did NOT like us being there. My oldest son was around 8 when we went into this house. He refused to go further than the threshold. He just wouldn't go in there.

I think anything or anywhere can be haunted, just depends on the history and what happened to the spirit to make them attach to the place.

celticnoodle

I generally see the spirits pretty much in any setting. Being near water, or having a water spicket turned on so the water is trickling out, is a huge conduit for spirit activity. I was told that the water helps them to appear to us. It takes a lot of energy on their part to do this-so, I try to help them when I can, and if I am doing a reading in a home, (mine or the customer), we will sit in the kitchen or close to where there is running water.

In our farm house, I often will sit at the dining room table with my customer for the reading-and we have a bathroom just off the dining room, where I turn on the water. As a result, it is interesting that most of the spirits I can see come right through the bathroom door. :laugh:

I also get a lot of them in our current bedroom at our farmhouse, and in our livingroom. I think that is mostly due to the fact that I am very relaxed as I am going to sleep-or sleeping, and many spirits come to me then. In the livingroom, I use to participate in spirit circles online and often sat right there. However, I can also see them and 'get' them pretty much anywhere. It is during these online psychic circles that I participated in, that our land line would always go haywire as did the other electrical items (lamps, tv, etc) in the rooms. But my phone especially. I did the psychic circle twice a week online, and my phone would always be out those 2 days afterwards. The telephone company couldn't ever figure it out and thank God never seemed to catch on that it always occurred on the same two days every week, week after week. :laugh: (They would do the repair for me for free). After a few years of this though, my husband and I agreed to remove the land line. They rarely, thankfully, screw with my cell phone. :D

Our farmhouse is very old, and came with a slew of spirits when we purchased it. :D It was built in the 1790's and the original owners (and builders) of this home are often seen, felt or heard in here as well as the next set of owners. At one time this home was divided into 2 homes, with an apartment on the top floor. An elderly man lived there for some time and apparently enjoyed living there--because he is still heard and seen in the upstairs. I don't recall ever finding him on our first floor. He especially enjoys checking out any guests we have--because this part of the home is now our guest quarters.

When the hubby and I were in CA and toured the Alcatraz prison, I was a bit overwhelmed by the spirit activity coming at me and had to sit down to get my energy back and re-ground and protect myself--which I also did before going on the tour. However, the spirits were just coming at me. I do see them in cemeteries and generally I will experience spirit activity on the way to the burial site--or at prayers. The most recent was my uncles funeral, he was trying so hard to get through to us and I knew it. So, I told him I knew he was there trying to communicate--but to be sure, if he would give me a special sign that would show it was indeed him. Driving to the burial site, we were all on the highway and a car came out of no-where driving at record speed like an idiot--my husband slowed down, even more--to let this car in--and low and behold the license plate read, "GO BILLS!" My Uncles first name was "Bill", so I took it as his sign for me. :D

I honestly have only felt my own close relatives in spirit form in our vacation home. I also haven't really tried to do any medium readings here yet though--except to contact the family spirits. And, I always give 4 of our family spirits the credit for us finding this home--so it makes sense they are also here often to enjoy it with us. I know how they generally 'feel' when they appear or are nearby me. And, often, I can tell by the smells of perfume, cigarettes, etc. when they arrive anyway.

I also at times will get a different energy feeling to me--almost like a static feeling in the air and sometimes I can hear a clicking noise inside of me. And, yes, sometimes I can also feel the air getting thick too when spirits are coming.