Learning to speak insect!

Milfoil

I know, it's a strange title but I've had a little insect helper with me on my otherworld travels for a long time now. (He prefers to remain anon so apologies for not giving any more details)

The thing is, up till now, our interaction has been highly personal but that seems to be changing. Recently he was there helping me to diagnose an disease which was a first and though I sort of understood some of the message, much more was 'lost in translation' so to speak. So although I am aware that time and practice will bring a lot more understanding, I wonder if anyone else has found a swifter way to interpret the body language and messages from an animal spirit helper?

Zephyros

God, no. Although, I don't really fear insects, just roaches. Seriously, can't stand them. As far as roaches are concerned they tell me only one thing, that they hate me.

Mi-Shell

I have to say, that with my Miahanits about 60 % of their communication is via body language and allegories. They only speak "words"(of several languages) when I am toooo tiered, lost or stressed out to otherwise comprehend what the body language or allegory intended.

So: first body language,
Then, Ifff I do not "get it" another body language try, a different way
Ifff I still do not get it some quite direct words like "go to bed, Micha, you are too tired!"
I do not find it difficult at all to interpret the body language, because I can and do "shapeshift into the Animal form and then it is "my language"
Now Wolf body language is easy to read for humans, because we know dogs and the books are full of it....
Horses however are very different, but there is just recently a great short movie/ video about it on FB. But then, when one "becomes Horse" one knows how to speak Horse.
Yes, I suppose, there also is a learning curve, especially when a Medicine guide appears, that is no one of my Miahanits but a "transient", like a Toucan or a Trout.
It also happens, when the Miahanit of a patient appears . but then I let my Miahanits speak to him/ her and then they translate. - that can be somewhat like a Chinese interpreter translating every few sentences - or like "instant Google translate" - with a few pitfalls. Then I have to ask more questions - or shapeshift into the form of the patient's guide for direct communication.

With Insects = Shape Changers it is often all scents and pheromones. Also seeing in UV! Without becoming it, you may not even know, what the pheromones indicate...

Milfoil

God, no. Although, I don't really fear insects, just roaches. Seriously, can't stand them. As far as roaches are concerned they tell me only one thing, that they hate me.

No roaches here, thankfully. Well, they are in the UK but not in my neighbourhood.

Even a roach would or could have a message. They are incredibly interesting creatures, good at finding 'ways'. Ways to survive, pathways etc. Though I don't really want them as close neighbours, they don't bother me really. :)

Milfoil

I have to say, that with my Miahanits about 60 % of their communication is via body language and allegories. They only speak "words"(of several languages) when I am toooo tiered, lost or stressed out to otherwise comprehend what the body language or allegory intended.

Aye, me too. Words can be misleading, taken too literally or misheard. Actions, body language and signs are much closer to dream language where vast amounts of information including feelings, emotions and instincts can be conveyed by metaphor.

So: first body language,
Then, Ifff I do not "get it" another body language try, a different way
Ifff I still do not get it some quite direct words like "go to bed, Micha, you are too tired!"
I do not find it difficult at all to interpret the body language, because I can and do "shapeshift into the Animal form and then it is "my language"
Now Wolf body language is easy to read for humans, because we know dogs and the books are full of it....
Horses however are very different, but there is just recently a great short movie/ video about it on FB. But then, when one "becomes Horse" one knows how to speak Horse.
Yes, I suppose, there also is a learning curve, especially when a Medicine guide appears, that is no one of my Miahanits but a "transient", like a Toucan or a Trout.
It also happens, when the Miahanit of a patient appears . but then I let my Miahanits speak to him/ her and then they translate. - that can be somewhat like a Chinese interpreter translating every few sentences - or like "instant Google translate" - with a few pitfalls. Then I have to ask more questions - or shapeshift into the form of the patient's guide for direct communication.

That's a definite way forward, thanks. In fact, for this particular helper, it was the very first way that we met so to speak. I remember asking you about it many years ago because I feared that the experience of 'being' an insect was something very negative.

With Insects = Shape Changers it is often all scents and pheromones. Also seeing in UV! Without becoming it, you may not even know, what the pheromones indicate...

Yes, scent trails - that makes sense (pardon the pun!). In fact, it sheds a bit of light on the actions too. However, one action I just couldn't understand. He rocked from side to side, almost like a little dance. I'm still trying to work that one out.

Mi-Shell

The little dance you describe reminds me of how Bees communicate important food or new nesting locations. Now, you also were VERY interested in Bees as I remember - maybe there is a "cross over"
I would advise, that maybe you just try to "do" - replicate the dance and then maybe see, what you feel in your body, your muscle memory?
Sometime it can be very easy = move, dance, have a little fun in life - or remember when you danced on this or that occasion - maybe shamanic gathering or similar.....??!! :)

Milfoil

Good points Mi-Shell. The little dance was more like hopping from one foot to the other. I did try it but still not sure. Perhaps something to do with sides, which might make sense . . . . Sorry, rambling.

I think I need to get back there and ask again. :)

MandMaud

I'm very new to this, but is it worth asking your insect companion to help you find interpretations?

No roaches here, thankfully. Well, they are in the UK but not in my neighbourhood.

Really? Didn't know that!